Empress of The Seas

8 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Your statement about Cuba fares being the highest is typical twangster fake news.

Here in Europe the Cuba RCI runs were extremely cheap. That's why we booked b2b2b😝

The world of RCI does not revolve solely around Florida.

Also why do you mention Pinnacles as a  reference group with respect to your one Cuba cruise. Would you please explain us? 

75% of Royal's customers are North American 😉

My interpretation of the Pin comment is based on the stereotype that Pins tend to favor inexpensive cruises. Not that hard to figure out his meaning

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

75% of Royal's customers are North American 😉

My interpretation of the Pin comment is based on the stereotype that Pins tend to favor inexpensive cruises. Not that hard to figure out his meaning

A large number really does so. The only time you don't get many Pin's out of cruises from Florida is during holidays seasons when prices are higher. It's not all of them, but most.

• Like 1

I suspect Royal has a milestone based timeline for the departure of MJ and NE. 

If this milestone isn't reached by that date, off they go.  Something like... if we don't have at least 4 ships somewhere generating some level of revenue by [insert date] then off to the beach go MJ/NE.  If we turn a corner and cruising starts up bigger/faster/better then they are spared.   

Is that date already passed?  Unlikely or the news would be out with keels touching sand.  

At some point in the future they will reach a date where their hand is forced.   

I believe I mentioned that I had written to the author of the Tradewinds journal article that indicated that the Empress had been sold.  I received a response today and am sharing it below:

'Hi,

Mike let me know one of his recent stories was a hit with your colleagues.

If anyone is interested, they can feel free to email me and I would be happy to create a 14 day free trial account for them. It should be easier than having them sign up and pay for a month.

I also take care of our corporate subscriptions so if people want to keep reading after I can put together a group deal.

Best regards,

Justin Miller "

justin.miller@nhst.com

Account Manager, The Americas

So if anyone is interested, this was the response that was received.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, LXA350 said:

And they are much closer to Turkey in case they "spontaneously" will decide to scrap the ships 😉

Majesty is not getting any closer - still in Dover with Jewel - maybe more than just crew is being transferred.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Isn't everyone looking to spend as little as possible on cruise fare?

Sure, as long as I get to go where I want to go. I wouldn't book a cruise going back and forth between Nassau and Jamaica for 14 nts, even if it was dirth cheap.. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

Sure, as long as I get to go where I want to go. I wouldn't book a cruise going back and forth between Nassau and Jamaica for 14 nts, even if it was dirth cheap.. 😉

That's what a typical Florida Pinnacle would look into. Ask them during the cruise what the next port is, a lot would not have a clue.

Now we can bring Greta into this, ok cruising is nothing close to sustainable. But people just chosing to cruise because life is cheaper than on land, should pay for this. Hence,  I would fully support a C02 compensation tax to be charged for all US residents booking cruises departing from their state of residence of at least USD 100 per cabin for each cruise day.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

That's what a typical Florida Pinnacle would look into. Ask them during the cruise what the next port is, a lot would not have a clue.

Now we can bring Greta into this, ok cruising is nothing close to sustainable. But people just chosing to cruise because life is cheaper than on land, should pay for this. Hence,  I would fully support a C02 compensation tax to be charged for all US residents booking cruises departing from their state of residence of at least USD 100 per cabin for each cruise day.

CO2 compensation tax? Ah, I see, you're a European. I get it now. 🙄

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

So the people that have the shortest way to the port should pay more? But if you fly into the port you shouldn't pay this tax? Your logic is as smart as Gretas.. 
Do some research on how she got to the U.S. Let's just say that if she wanted to make as little impact on the planet as possible going to the U.S, maybe she shouldn't have picked that boat. It would have been better if she had flyed. 
Please leave Greta out of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

So the people that have the shortest way to the port should pay more? But if you fly into the port you shouldn't pay this tax? Your logic is as smart as Gretas.. 
Do some research on how she got to the U.S. Let's just say that if she wanted to make as little impact on the planet as possible going to the U.S, maybe she shouldn't have picked that boat. It would have been better if she had flyed. 
Please leave Greta out of this.

If you fly a couple of times a year to head on a cruise because you enjoy being on the water an want to explore destinations it's still less harmfull then spnding months a year on a cruiseship because life is cheaper on board than on land. That's also not why someone should cruise.

Yes, it would have been better if she flyed than taken the boat.

Edited by LXA350

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One of the biggest fallacies on these boards😉

Often when on a cruise leaving a Florida port, this is really how it feels like. As it is, such Pin's are the ones that make the most noise and creates then such image 

Just now, LXA350 said:

Often when on a cruise leaving a Florida port, this is really how it feels like. As it is, such Pin's are the ones that make the most noise and creates then such image 

About it being cheaper than living on land?

I have been clicking on this topic because I am interested in the fate of the Empress. Please try to stay on topic. People who want to discuss carbon emissions and Pinnacle booking patterns should start new threads and not hijack these informative threads.

Thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Hehe, would you share with us which Pin gave you a chewing out and what the tingler was about  that you hate this group or are you just a normal Debbie Downer ?

On 8/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, twangster said:

Carnival has long taken the approach of not keeping up with painting the hull.  At the moment Empress looks like a Carnival ship, the Carnival Empress.  Maybe that is who they sold her to and they are getting her ready... 🙂    

Interesting opinion. I have never noticed any more rust on CCL ships vs RCI, NCL, etc. I have noticed painting of the hull on all cruise lines I have been on.

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

About it being cheaper than living on land?

It may be cheaper than living on land, as long as you are rid of your mortgage, taxes, cars, loans, utilities, insurance, etc. etc... but those still maintaining homes on land know that it is not cheaper to cruise than to stay at home. It would be cheaper to not pay for the cruise, and stay in a home you already have. 

I hope I never come across as bitter to those who can do what I love... more often than I can.