Favorite music acts on rccl over the years?

Jimmy Hopper. Often seen as headliner performer on Jewel, Brilliance, Majesty, Adventure and others. I believe that he'd been scheduled on now canceled sailings out of Galveston and New Orleans.

Jimmy Hopper plays brilliant piano and guitar. Sings masterful opera and rock and everything in between. Super talented musician who engages with his audience on stage and off. You'll see him in the Windjammer, sharing breakfast and conversation with fellow passengers! This is a guy with a great heart.

There's a contingent of cruise fans who book his sailings, primarily to enjoy his performances. While we don't go that far, I'm thrilled when we discover that he's on our cruise. Jimmy Hopper is indeed, one of my favourites!

By the way, we need to remember that all these much loved performers are cruiseline contract workers, out of work and hurting just like the rest of the crew. We need to show a lot of love when we finally get to see them once again!

• Like 1

Quoting AC STEW: "By the way, we need to remember that all these much loved performers are cruiseline contract workers, out of work and hurting just like the rest of the crew. We need to show a lot of love when we finally get to see them once again!"

If you know the names of your favorite entertainers, look them up on Facebook.  Many are doing daily/weekly entertainment on FB Live with links to their Virtual Tip Jars.  

• Like 4

We loved listening to the "Rosario Strings", mostly in the Centrum  before dinner.  This was many years ago.  Sometimes they would stroll through the dining room during dinner and play requests.  I think there may have been more than one group who used this name, but all with  similar format .  They could play pretty much anything on their violins and other "strings".  Anyone  else remember them?  🙂

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jean87510 said:

On Explorer 2014 repositioning from Bayonne to Port Canaveral, there was a Led Zeppelin cover band that was fantastic. Half the theater left unfortunately because it was rock music. Those who stayed loved it. I would rather have that then the hypnosis gigs or music from the 50's.

We saw a Led Zeppelin cover band in a lounge on a ship a few years ago.They asked for requests from the people sitting there.The majority of the people wanted Stairway to Heaven.I was the only one who asked them to play Kashmir.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rala said:

We loved listening to the "Rosario Strings", mostly in the Centrum  before dinner.  This was many years ago.  Sometimes they would stroll through the dining room during dinner and play requests.  I think there may have been more than one group who used this name, but all with  similar format .  They could play pretty much anything on their violins and other "strings".  Anyone  else remember them?  🙂

Yes,we saw them on several cruises.They were very good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

9 times for us. Missed on one cruise for some reason.  Love We Will Rock You!!!

The first time we saw it people walked out .I could not understand why they would do it.

Even if they did not like the music they could have sat there.

On the anthem  we saw the Journey tribute band and although i like Journey i could not handle and hour of them. Singing is too high pitched for me .

I enjoyed Rock the Boat band more as they had variety .

There was a fantastic group called The Spectrum, A tribute to MoTown and R&B.   We saw them, I think, on the Freedom.  They were just amazing!!  Google them, amazing group! The entire audience were on their feet and just rocking and loving it!!

On 8/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, George C said:

We love rccl entertainment and have seen many great acts, some 30 years ago we saw both Al Martino who sang The Godfather theme and Oscar winner Red Buttons , saw Captain and Tennile a couple of times , even many of there lounge acts and piano players were excellent. 

In 80-90's saw The Monkees(minus Davy), The Spinners, Four Tops among others. Miss those days when Royal had well known Entertainment. Back then was partial Charters with cabins at reg prices, now Full Charter's and High Cost!!! Pay reg price now on non-Charters best get is Cover Bands, though couple were pretty good

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

In 80-90's saw The Monkees(minus Davy), The Spinners, Four Tops among others. Miss those days when Royal had well known Entertainment. Back then was partial Charters with cabins at reg prices, now Full Charter's and High Cost!!! Pay reg price now on non-Charters best get is Cover Bands, though couple were pretty good

On our 1973 Cunard cruise they had A list entertainers.

• Like 1

Tune in this Friday, August 14 at 5 PM EDT for our first-ever Very Virtual Variety Show, featuring a collection of live performances with Royal Caribbean entertainers from around the world, including . Plus, your host for the show, our very own SVP of Entertainment Nick Weir, will catch up with all the performers between acts. Trust us, this is one show you don’t want to miss!