Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

21 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

Photos and videos that I have seen from the recent tour are a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

The images with the bed next to the balcony make the room look much larger as well.  I love it near the bathroom, but I will say, that did chop up space on my last cruise.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I am pretty certain they are included.

I am too.  It would be a very large departure for NCL (and cruises in general) to charge for the slides.  All other features are fair game, but you start charging for slides and you're on a slippery slope...

• Haha 8

On 3/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, BenCoudon said:

I presume that initially, there will be short rides around the Fincantieri shipyard. Then, they will sail from Marghera to Southampton where they have a 2 day cruise for European travel agents (it is presumed that this cruise will go from Southampton to Amsterdam).  That should be long enough to call it a sea trials.  During that journey, there will be lots of Ficantieri employees on board to finish what they had not finished yet and to fix what ever will go wrong.  I also presume that the majority of the crew will be onboard for that voyage. Crew needs to be trained on the new ship.  Venice to Southampton must be at least an 8 day journey without stopping anywhere. The ship must arrive Southampton no later than August 12. So I presume that the first sea trial will occur no later than mid July. 

When I did the HAL Eurodam New Build in the same ship yard I boarded 2 weeks before we left Venice and all Sea Trails were long done and cosmetics were starting to be finished. (I was the Stage Manager onboard) We had another week sailing to Malaga as our first trash dump then to Southhampton to pick up our first passengers (travel agents and VIPs) to sail to Rotterdam for our Inaugural. I would assume this won't be very different.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd love to have a hibachi for two - the "group concept" otherwise is one of the reasons I often skip it entirely.

Tom

I agree when you are only cruising with one other person. I have done it and been with a group of strangers--it was OK but it was kind of like being hanger-ons, lol. Did it with a group of friends and it was fun. So I am happy they will have some smaller tables!

• Like 3

I just watched Harr Travel's video at Prima. I like what they've done with the cabins, except for the artwork over the beds. It is a little tacky, in my opinion. The shower is better, the layout overall is better, especially moving the closet back across from the bathroom.

8 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Here's a fun comparison; the first Atrium render (that we know of) and this month's render, who can spot the difference(s?) :classic_happy:

275992361_2389719037835164_2757116497332576160_n.jpg

Ceiling decorations have changed.  The whole area needs a slash of color though.  Maybe some more green chairs? 😜😜

• Like 1

Both correct! The one interior picture we have been looking so long at, here's what Studio DADO says about the Atrium:

"| S T U N N E R | Step with us into the Penrose Atrium, Norwegian Cruise Line’s first three-story, glass-walled atrium. This breathtaking space invites guests to look beyond the horizon with stunning views and restaurants and lounges dotting its perimeter. 
The Atrium blends futuristic architecture with the sense of wonder of the ocean’s earliest explorers. Our team pushed the architectural bounds of the grand space and manipulated geometry to create a unique and memorable aesthetic and feel. Looking upward, the large-scale chandelier piece is inspired by the various points of light visible in a star formation and was custom created by a renowned Czech lighting design firm.
The feature stair element is a futuristic linear masterpiece that will transport travelers into space. The high-gloss wood and custom cast grand stair offers an impressive procession down the Atrium’s three levels. From every vantage point of the Atrium, discerning guests will perceive bold straight lines, minimal structure, and a light and airy design atmosphere."

276059603_2389719041168497_7887255970173351204_n.jpg

41 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Here's a fun comparison; the first Atrium render (that we know of) and this month's render, who can spot the difference(s?) :classic_happy:

275992361_2389719037835164_2757116497332576160_n.jpg

Reminds me of an early part of 2001: A Space Odessy where they are floating in the shuttle on the way to the moon. Very white and for the 1960s very modern. (Whoops I am giving a hint at my age.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And mysteries continues...

We will remember last May when the booking of the Prima were released, the very first cruise advertized was  Amsterdam to Reykjavik, August 17 to August 25.

And there was never a cruise scheduled for August 25 to Septemper 3. We all agreed that this would be a private cruise.  Then, about 1 month ago, without explanation, the August 17 cruise was removed from the NCL website.  But on both CC and FB for that cruise, people that are booked on it are still planning to cruise as they never received any contrary indications from NCL.

On March 18, NCL announced that the Prima will be christened in Reykjavik.  No specific date, only said in August 2022.

Now this:  According to the Port of Reykjavik schedule, the Prima will dock at 7h00 am on August 24 (The August 17 cruise was scheduled to arrive Reykjavik on the 25th)

She schedule also shows that the Prima will depart at 7h00 pm, August 28.  So the ship will stay in port for 4 days for the Christening event?   If that schedule is correct,  the private cruise that will be called the innaugural cruise, will be only on invite for travel partners, will be a 6 nights cruise from Reykjavik to Amsterdam.  May be the people that are invited on the innaugural sailing will be allowed to board the ship a day or two before and the christening ceremony will be done during that time.

Unless the Reykjavik port schedule is wrong but I doubt it.

http://www.faxafloahafnir.is/cruiseships/index.php?l=en&w=csyear=2016#2016-9-27

Anyone have ever seen a ship staying in port multiple days for the christening ceremony?

During his video, Danny from Harr Travel mentioned that he was booked on the "Innaugural" cruise. 

As he was invited to tour the ship, he is probably on the invite list for this private cruise after the christening.  May be he could shed some light on that itinerary.

49 minutes ago, steamboats said:

The naming ceremony was announced for August 27th in Reykjavik. Interesting is that the press release also speaks from August 12th as first cruise. So far the August 17th til 27th was the first one.

steamboats

12th-14th is a industry event round-trip from Southampton

that it appears she goes 14th-15th overnight to Amsterdam

then a two day 15th-17th probably another event for Europe industry then the first revenue cruise 17th - 25th .

couple of days in Port at Iceland until the naming ceremony on 27th .

as both Prima and Viva will be doing cruises from Southampton, Amsterdam and Reykjavik in future years would make sense to hold a “local” event in each homeport. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, BenCoudon said:

And mysteries continues...

We will remember last May when the booking of the Prima were released, the very first cruise advertized was  Amsterdam to Reykjavik, August 17 to August 25.

And there was never a cruise scheduled for August 25 to Septemper 3. We all agreed that this would be a private cruise.  Then, about 1 month ago, without explanation, the August 17 cruise was removed from the NCL website.  But on both CC and FB for that cruise, people that are booked on it are still planning to cruise as they never received any contrary indications from NCL.

On March 18, NCL announced that the Prima will be christened in Reykjavik.  No specific date, only said in August 2022.

Now this:  According to the Port of Reykjavik schedule, the Prima will dock at 7h00 am on August 24 (The August 17 cruise was scheduled to arrive Reykjavik on the 25th)

She schedule also shows that the Prima will depart at 7h00 pm, August 28.  So the ship will stay in port for 4 days for the Christening event?   If that schedule is correct,  the private cruise that will be called the innaugural cruise, will be only on invite for travel partners, will be a 6 nights cruise from Reykjavik to Amsterdam.  May be the people that are invited on the innaugural sailing will be allowed to board the ship a day or two before and the christening ceremony will be done during that time.

Unless the Reykjavik port schedule is wrong but I doubt it.

http://www.faxafloahafnir.is/cruiseships/index.php?l=en&w=csyear=2016#2016-9-27

Anyone have ever seen a ship staying in port multiple days for the christening ceremony?

During his video, Danny from Harr Travel mentioned that he was booked on the "Innaugural" cruise. 

As he was invited to tour the ship, he is probably on the invite list for this private cruise after the christening.  May be he could shed some light on that itinerary.

When I did the HAL Eurodam New Build we sailed from Venice to Southhampton with no guests. Picked up VIP/Travel Agents there and sailed to Rotterdam for the Inaugural. Stayed there a few days and then sailed to Copenhagen to start our Baltics cruises.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, GALSews said:

Reminds me of an early part of 2001: A Space Odessy where they are floating in the shuttle on the way to the moon. Very white and for the 1960s very modern. (Whoops I am giving a hint at my age.)

I'm also thinking "Sleepers" or some of the James Bond movies.  Maybe they will have an "O-matron"...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I'm kinda disappointed. No "wonky C" debacle. 🤣 

Although I really was thinking that the I in Prima would be a 1.

Ahhh the wonky C, that was an odd one yes! :classic_laugh:

I agree on the inconsistency about the PR1MA vs Prima spelling. Although I like the normal spelling a bit more! 

• Like 2