Next Delay Announcement

42 minutes ago, toad455 said:

It's really the call of the CLIA & the CDC. RCCL, Carnival, NCL are all probably ready to start come Nov. 1 if they get clearance.

I see that you are booked for the Explorer in January. We are booked on the Explorer for that same 9-night itinerary this December 4th and hope we get to go!! Let's hope your prediction is spot on!! Cheers!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If the rumour is true that crew will not be able to get off the ship at ports I can see quite a lot of crew not wanting to come back until that is lifted. 

Why is that 🤔 

They rarely get the chance anyway.

Might even be an opportunity for some to help chaperone 

3 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Did anyone read this article on CNBC.com: "Dr. Scott Gottlieb: Yale's new saliva coronavirus test funded by NBA could be widely rolled out"?  He is quoted as saying "Beyond Yale's saliva test, (Gottlieb) said he anticipates other additional variants of coronavirus tests to be available in the U.S. within the next month. What you're going to see is a lot of this innovation come on the market all at once". (Several companies are in phase 3 trials for the vaccine and they are producing it now, to be ready to roll it out IF it's approved.) I look forward to reading the recommendations from the experts that Royal Caribbean has hired to advise them. I believe a lot will depend on if the ships that are sailing now, can stay covid-19 free, with no problems. I HOPE that Royal is busy making changes to their ships now that will make a difference. If football stadiums can hold a few fans, then maybe cruise ships can sail at reduced capacity. So.....I remain hopeful!

University of GA will allow 25% capacity at fall football games. That's almost 25,000 fans

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Why is that 🤔 

Off topic but wanted to comment that your rocket shots are awesome! Actually, all of your pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Off topic but wanted to comment that your rocket shots are awesome! Actually, all of your pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks

You can comment on the picture if you open it

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But they aren't on vacation😉

But they look forward to getting off the ship when they can. Have seen many sitting around connected to "free" wifi off the ship.

Keeping crew on the ship can't  possibly be beneficial to their well being. They certainly deserve/need that time of freedom.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Why is that 🤔 

I thought they rotate being able to get off in ports.

Not interested in a "chaperone" from the ship at all.

I cannot find the article online right now, but a couple days ago I read that St Kitts was going to allow crew to get off 2 RCL ships after they quarantine for 14-days from time they dock and everyone takes a test then they stretch their legs and do shopping, etc. on land.    I am sure they will be thrilled to put their feet on land after all of these months.    I am not sure if it is the 2 ships that are "floating hotels" for those that didn't want to go home.    I wish I could find the article.

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot find the article online right now, but a couple days ago I read that St Kitts was going to allow crew to get off 2 RCL ships after they quarantine for 14-days from time they dock and everyone takes a test then they stretch their legs and do shopping, etc. on land.    I am sure they will be thrilled to put their feet on land after all of these months.    I am not sure if it is the 2 ships that are "floating hotels" for those that didn't want to go home.    I wish I could find the article.

I read that article too. Here is another one: https://www.nycaribnews.com/articles/government-defends-decision-to-allow-cruise-ships-to-visit-st-kitts-nevis/

On 8/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Just wondering what most people are doing if they cant actually fly to Florida yet. Im in Canada and Im not going to make my final payment due in September because I cant fly to Florida and I assume the Dec 12 cruise will be cancelled anyway.

How's RCL being about the non refundable deposits? I just want a full refund and not a FCC. I feel we should be able to get the non refundable credits back as this was unforeseen? What are most people doing ?

Thanks

I believe you can fly from Canada you just need to quarantine coming back.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, those were over by the UK, which had much fewer restrictions on crew changes.

Yes found out it is rhapsody and vision they are allowing to dock in coming days.    I'm sure they will be happy to walk on a beach or buy some personal items they cannot get on ship.  

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

I thought they rotate being able to get off in ports.

Not interested in a "chaperone" from the ship at all.

They do, but that rotation might be once a contract. The chaperone is common on some long excursions. We might see more of that in the near term 

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

But they look forward to getting off the ship when they can. Have seen many sitting around connected to "free" wifi off the ship.

Keeping crew on the ship can't  possibly be beneficial to their well being. They certainly deserve/need that time of freedom.

No doubt, but it might not be practical in the nesr term. I just don't think it would hinder finding crew to staff the ship 

10 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I believe you can fly from Canada you just need to quarantine coming back.

Depending on the State you might have quarantine when you arrive for 14 days. I do not know if they have this for Florida. 

I think the real issue will be what one says to the US Customs agent.  They can turn you away from entry if they feel your answers do not qualify you. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No doubt, but it might not be practical in the nesr term. I just don't think it would hinder finding crew to staff the ship 

It does always come down to money, whether the crew wants to come back or they need to come back.

There are probably many more in the "need" category, so yep cruise lines will find enough workers.  Plus with reduced capacity it will take less crew.

On 8/19/2020 at 2:58 PM, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Just wondering what most people are doing if they cant actually fly to Florida yet. Im in Canada and Im not going to make my final payment due in September because I cant fly to Florida and I assume the Dec 12 cruise will be cancelled anyway.

How's RCL being about the non refundable deposits? I just want a full refund and not a FCC. I feel we should be able to get the non refundable credits back as this was unforeseen? What are most people doing ?

Thanks

Normally, RCI would have to cancel the cruise in order for you to get your cruise fare refunded. Your options are to pay off the cruise and hope it is cancelled (unless RCI cancels before the final payment is due in Sept.), Lift & Shift to a 2021 cruise, or move your deposit to another cruise of your choice. 

Edited by NancyIL

7 minutes ago, F27TW said:

You all do realize that there is still no cure for this virus, right?   Why would anyone have anything booked at this point ??   

I take the virus seriously, wear a mask and practice social distancing.  However, I will not stay home forever.  While this might work for those in their 30s who have a whole lifetime ahead of them, I am in my 60s and want to grab as much gusto as I can.  

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, F27TW said:

You all do realize that there is still no cure for this virus, right?   Why would anyone have anything booked at this point ??   

Unless you have a cruise booked with a refundable deposit, the only way to get your money back is for RCI to cancel it before you do. Otherwise if you cancel,  your money will be in the form of a FCC - unless you transferred to a different cruise. It isn’t that easy to unentangle yourself from a cruise booking. 

Edited by NancyIL
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

Unless you have a cruise booked with a refundable deposit, the only way to get your money back is for RCI to cancel it before you do. Otherwise if you cancel,  your money will be in the form of a FCC - unless you transferred to a different cruise. It isn’t that easy to unentangle yourself from a cruise booking. 

Good response...some people just don't get how it works for those of us that book years in advance !

• Like 3