Next Delay Announcement

On 8/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, F27TW said:

You all do realize that there is still no cure for this virus, right?   Why would anyone have anything booked at this point ??   

It's probably the passengers who have to burn up their FCCs before they expire. They just keep moving them forward as the cancellations roll in.   Nobody wants anyone from the USA.  Cruising from here isn't happening anytime soon. NY is down to under 1% of new cases and NYC still doesn't have indoor dining.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, F27TW said:

You all do realize that there is still no cure for this virus, right?   Why would anyone have anything booked at this point ??   

Because we are desperate for cruises and need to hope! I have 4 on the books for the next 17 months. I will just move my deposits around as needed. FCC does not bother me. 

• Like 4

On 8/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, keyboardjunkie said:

Because we are optimists.......

I, for one, want to be on the first RCCL ship that sails.  The protocol is going to be so tight to prevent any infection (and bad news heading to the media) that I believe that I will be safe.  I will follow the same procedure I do now - wear a mask, avoid close-contact crowds, etc.  My personal biggest change on board will be walking the stairs more rather than taking the elevator (which will be good for me anyway).

Exactly! 

On 8/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, molly361 said:

My guess is the beginning to mid Sept.  Thinking this one might extend thru December 15th

That is exactly my thinking.  I would think it would be announced sometime between September 7th and 14th.  We will see if our guess is correct.  I too think this one will cover sailings til December 18th, with the hope that the big money making cruises for Christmas and New Year's week may be able to be done (though not likely).

On 8/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

If the rumour is true that crew will not be able to get off the ship at ports I can see quite a lot of crew not wanting to come back until that is lifted. 

I used to work on a cruise ship years ago and the crew always got off to use the phones to call home (back before the internet), so not being permitted off the ship to contact home could be seen as a reason not to go back to working on the ship yet.  Nowadays, they do the same to pooch the free internet to contact home.  Easy solution would be for the cruise lines to give their crew free access to internet on the ship when in port and most guests are off the ship not using the ship's internet.  That would permit the crew to reach home like they usually do if the crew cannot disembark in ports.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:50 PM, #55worktoplay said:

I believe you can fly from Canada you just need to quarantine coming back.

You are correct.  Only problem is we only get a week off work on vacation time and cannot afford to take a 2 week unpaid holiday after returning from a cruise.  For this reason, our upcoming planned cruises will be cancelled if that policy is not changed by the time we need to make final payment for our cruises.

• Like 1

I just checked the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/)......no new updates (the last one was the July 16 no sail order through Sept. 30).  There is also any new updates on CLIA (last one was the suspension until Sept. 15, https://cruising.org/en/news-and-research/press-room/2020/june/clia-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruise-operations-from-us-ports).  As we are approaching the CLIA 9/15 date quickly, I believe (my crystal ball) CLIA will come out with a statement within the next week.

3 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

There are also no new updates on CLIA (last one was the suspension until Sept. 15)

The last announced CLIA suspension on August 5 was through 10/31 - the reason almost all lines suspended till then. https://cruising.org/en/news-and-research/press-room/2020/august/clia-announces-third-voluntary-suspension-of-us-cruise-operations

Edited by Biker19

On 8/19/2020 at 12:58 PM, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Just wondering what most people are doing if they cant actually fly to Florida yet. Im in Canada and Im not going to make my final payment due in September because I cant fly to Florida and I assume the Dec 12 cruise will be cancelled anyway.

You can fly from Canada to Florida, you just have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, F27TW said:

There may never be a "cure" for "this virus".   Things are slowly going to come back regardless.  We don't have a cruise booked until late 2021, but it's not unreasonable for some people to think earlier bookings in spring or summer are possible. 

Interesting how the media was non-stop a couple weeks ago that Florida and Texas were blowing up and the world was coming to an end.  Now there's nothing about that, and amazingly their hospitals aren't collapsing as predicted.  The new talking point is that the postal service is being destroyed.  Stay tuned to see what it will be next week, the fear mongering won't end until early November.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3

Just posted that  a Delay in sailing times announced  in  On Line Checkin this morning  on the HARMONY NOV.15th. sailing with Boarding  Arrival starting at 230pm  and ending at   530 pm.  We normally sail  at 430 so looks like Gastro sanitize after Nov.8th sailing.

11 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

And does that make any sense?  I feel sorry for the thousands of businesses there being slowly destroyed.

That's why we are at under 1% daily so yes it does make sense.  Have you ever been in a NYC restaurant? You sit elbow to elbow at full capacity which is what these businesses need to do to turn a profit. Manhattan is still a ghost town with commuters still working from home and the residents spending their time in the Hamptons or at their summer residents elsewhere. No shows, no night life that would generate more diners seeking out restaurants so the demand is down anyway. 

• Like 2

Just read on Cruise Industry News that Royal Caribbean are sailing soon.

November 1st and 2nd are the most likely start dates.

Each ship was shown with details of departure dates,home port etc.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Wow, talk about fake news, that schedule ain't happening.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The last announced CLIA suspension on August 5 was through 10/31 - the reason almost all lines suspended till then. https://cruising.org/en/news-and-research/press-room/2020/august/clia-announces-third-voluntary-suspension-of-us-cruise-operations

I stand corrected.  Thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

It's really not "slowly" at this point.  It is terrible what some people are suffering.

The bars are the ones suffering. The food establishments are surviving on take out orders. Many of them around here have family specials which we have taken advantage of over the past 6 months. We tip them extra with cash when we pickup. We have a favorite place that we go to and want them to stay in business. Last week we went there with another couple and between the two of us we lift a 50% tip. We were able to do that because it's one of those places that have unlimited beer, wine or soft drinks. We would have spent twice that had we ordered a bottle or by the glass at another restaurant.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Just wondering what most people are doing if they cant actually fly to Florida yet. Im in Canada and Im not going to make my final payment due in September because I cant fly to Florida and I assume the Dec 12 cruise will be cancelled anyway.

How's RCL being about the non refundable deposits? I just want a full refund and not a FCC. I feel we should be able to get the non refundable credits back as this was unforeseen? What are most people doing ?

Thanks

Despite what you hear, you can still fly into the States, wont let you drive in.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:52 AM, Iamcruzin said:

It's probably the passengers who have to burn up their FCCs before they expire. They just keep moving them forward as the cancellations roll in.   Nobody wants anyone from the USA.  Cruising from here isn't happening anytime soon. NY is down to under 1% of new cases and NYC still doesn't have indoor dining.

Our county numbers are great.  Zero deaths in the last 18 days and 1 hospitalization in the last 24 hours.  Our cases are also down.  Restaurants here have been open outside for a while and inside (50% with distancing)  for several weeks without any rise in cases and no restaurants closed due to staff cases either.  We eat out every weekend at least twice and mostly outside, but we have eaten inside several times.  Restaurants can open without increasing cases.  I'm in a heavily populated area (although nowhere near as dense as NYC, but we're in the DC metro) and restaurants all over the DC area have been opened and numbers have not spiked because of it.  The US is hardly alone in high numbers of cases, but that says more about the virus itself than it does about anything else.   Funny thing is, as I've said before, just because a country denies access to people from the US does not mean they will control anything.  All it takes is one or two people from ANYWHERE going somewhere (like, I dunno, New Zealand) and bringing it in.  New Zealand was so smug about it and now, they have cases again because there's not way to stop everyone who is infected.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23410-update-when-royal-caribbean-ships-may-start-sailing-again.html

"Royal Caribbean ships MAY start sailing again"

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The 11/1 sailing of Quantum might.

Well, I hope you are correct, since I am scheduled to be on the 11/5 Quantum, but the Marina Bay Cruise Center schedule shows the first Quantum sailing as 11/10...the one right after me!  😞

But if the 11/5 goes...I'm going with it!

https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pretty much a list of all the scheduled sailings after the CLIA shutdown ends

• Like 2