Next Delay Announcement

4 hours ago, brenderlou said:

I read that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This post?

WHEN ROYAL CARIBBEAN SHIPS MAY START SAILING AGAIN.  #iamroyal

Royal Caribbean International could cruising again with some ships in North America later this year, while other ships could start up sooner in Asia and Australia pending local regulations. Other vessels may not start service until 2021. 

A look at the expected first sailing of each Royal Caribbean International ship as the cruise industry gets back into service (all information is subject to change due to the COVID-19 crisis):

Adventure of the Seas
Date: November 5, 2020
Homeport: Cape Liberty to Galveston 
Length: 11 nights
Itinerary: Labadee, Aruba, Curaçao and Grand Cayman

Allure of the Seas
Date: November 15, 2020
Homeport: Miami 
Length: 7 nights
Itinerary: Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel

Anthem of the Seas
Date: November 13, 2020
Homeport: Cape Liberty
Length: 8 nights
Itinerary: Port Canaveral, CocoCay and Nassau

Brilliance of the Seas
Date: November 14, 2020
Homeport: Tampa
Length: 5 nights
Itinerary: Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Empress of the Seas
Length: 8 nights
Itinerary: Puerto Plata, San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas

Enchantment of the Seas 
Homeport: San Juan
Itinerary: St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Johns, St. Maarten and St. Thomas

Explorer of the Seas
Date: November 20, 2020
Length: 9 nights
Itinerary: Labadee, Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire

Freedom of the Seas
Date: November 1, 2020
Homeport: San Juan 
Itinerary: Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire and St. Maarten

Grandeur of the Seas
Date: November 9, 2020
Homeport: Baltimore
Itinerary: Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Johns and St. Kitts

Harmony of the Seas
Homeport: Port Canaveral 
Itinerary: CocoCay, Roatán and Costa Maya

Independence of the Seas
Date: November 5, 2020
Homeport: Fort Lauderdale 
Length: 4 nights
Itinerary: Nassau and CocoCay

Jewel of the Seas
Date: December 11, 2020
Homeport: Galveston 
Itinerary: Costa Maya, Roatán, Cartagena, Colon, Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Liberty of the Seas
Homeport: Galveston 
Itinerary: Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth

Majesty of the Seas
Date: November 7, 2020
Homeport: New Orleans
Itinerary: Key West, Nassau and CocoCay

Mariner of the Seas
Date: November 2, 2020
Homeport: Port Canaveral 
Itinerary: CocoCay, Nassau and CocoCay

Navigator of the Seas
Itinerary: Nassau and CocoCay

Oasis of the Seas
Date: November 4, 2020
Itinerary: Labadee 

Odyssey of the Seas (new release date)
Date: April 30, 2021
Homeport: Civitavecchia 
Length: 9 nights
Itinerary: Santorini, Piraeus, Mykonos and Naples

Ovation of the Seas
Date: November 8, 2020
Homeport: Sydney
Length: 12 nights
Itinerary: Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier and Dunedin

Quantum of the Seas
Date: September 17, 2020
Homeport: Tianjin 
Length: 5 nights
Itinerary: Nagasaki and Kitakyushu

Radiance of the Seas
Date: November 4, 2020
Homeport: Singapore to Brisbane
Length: 12 nights
Itinerary: Darwin, Cairns and Airlie Beach

Rhapsody of the Seas
Date: November 21, 2020
Homeport: Tampa 
Itinerary: Cozumel, Roatán, Belize City and Costa Maya

Serenade of the Seas
Date: November 10, 2020
Homeport: Sydney
Itinerary: Dunedin, Christchurch, Auckland and Bay of Islands

Spectrum of the Seas
Date: September 18, 2020
Homeport: Shanghai 
Itinerary: Kunamoto

Symphony of the Seas
Date: November 7, 2020
Itinerary: Costa Maya, Roatán, Cozumel and CocoCay

Vision of the Seas
Itinerary: Puerto Limón, Colon, Cartagena, Aruba and Curaçao

Voyager of the Seas
Date: October 5, 2020
Homeport: Hong Kong to Sydney
Length: 17 nights
Itinerary: Nha Trang, Singapore, Darwin, Airlie Beach and Brisbane

Source: ⬇️
Cruise Industry News Website

#royalcaribbean #rcg #rccl #iamroyal #loyaltoroyal

#wewillbeback #lifeatsea #hopefloats #shipshorn #crewshiplife #wewillbebackstronger #seafarersarekeyworkers #seafarersallovertheworld #staystrong #crewshipstrips #crewmember #cruiseships

-ctto-
📸

DISCLAIMER: 
No copyright infringement intended.
I do not own this pictures just repost it. 
They belong to their rightful owners.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This post?

WHEN ROYAL CARIBBEAN SHIPS MAY START SAILING AGAIN.  #iamroyal

Royal Caribbean International could cruising again with some ships in North America later this year, while other ships could start up sooner in Asia and Australia pending local regulations. Other vessels may not start service until 2021. 

A look at the expected first sailing of each Royal Caribbean International ship as the cruise industry gets back into service (all information is subject to change due to the COVID-19 crisis):

📸

DISCLAIMER: 
No copyright infringement intended.
I do not own this pictures just repost it. 
They belong to their rightful owners.

My hunch is that this is just speculation and filler for their website.  While it is possible that it could become true they don't really state in the article why they believe that these cruises won't be cancelled too and they don't list a source suggesting they have any inside info.  I hope it is true, I'm just skeptical.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villager70 said:

Just posted that  a Delay in sailing times announced  in  On Line Checkin this morning  on the HARMONY NOV.15th. sailing with Boarding  Arrival starting at 230pm  and ending at   530 pm.  We normally sail  at 430 so looks like Gastro sanitize after Nov.8th sailing.

I have the November 8th Harmony sailing booked and did not plan to do the online check in.  After reading this, I did the check in, mostly out of curiosity, and the same arrival times were scheduled for the 8th (2:30 until 5:30).  A full two weeks after check in was available, the earliest time slot was still available; I don’t think a lot of people are bothering to do November check ins.

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have the November 8th Harmony sailing booked and did not plan to do the online check in.  After reading this, I did the check in, mostly out of curiosity, and the same arrival times were scheduled for the 8th (2:30 until 5:30).  A full two weeks after check in was available, the earliest time slot was still available; I don’t think a lot of people are bothering to do November check ins.

What could be frustrating for some people is to arrive at the port at the 10:30 AM time (when many people do) and then have to wait until 2:30 PM to board (even though RCCL advised the 2:30 time).  Also with social distancing, it might not be possible to have everyone inside and seated safely,  There might be a few grumpy people getting on board because things didn't flow as they had accustomed to them being.  (We will be the ones with the big smiley faces - just happy to return to cruising.)

I think if I were the manager of a restaurant in the port area (Grills, Fish Lips, etc.) I would be handing out 'port specials' at the pier and running a shuttle service from the terminal to/from the restaurant.

4 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

When full crews start to return to ships then I will have some optimism.

I think CDC will also have some weight to all of this discussion.😉

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's why we are at under 1% daily so yes it does make sense.  Have you ever been in a NYC restaurant? You sit elbow to elbow at full capacity which is what these businesses need to do to turn a profit. Manhattan is still a ghost town with commuters still working from home and the residents spending their time in the Hamptons or at their summer residents elsewhere. No shows, no night life that would generate more diners seeking out restaurants so the demand is down anyway. 

We were in a restaurant in Westchester county NY yesterday. The place had outdoor socially distanced and 50% capacity inside .... fully used.. with long wait times. The person who waited on us (we ate at bar) told us that many people there eating state they are from Manhattan or New Jersey (no indoor dining at those allowed). So those places don't allow their residents to eat indoors, but their residents are bringing their business elsewhere. Interesting. 

I do feel bad for NYC restaurants who have no space for outdoor dining. A neighbor in our town owns a restaurant in Brooklyn and they are still closed.  35 employees.  

A bit off the original topic. 

May we all sail soon. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:19 PM, BND said:

Where is the evidence that the a/c is an issue?

I mean, to me, I’ve done my own research which includes discussions with my physician, but...it’s common sense. Way too contagious for it not to be airborne.  

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LuckiStac13*Majesty* said:

I mean, to me, I’ve done my own research which includes discussions with my physician, but...it’s common sense. Way too contagious for it not to be airborne.  

I never said it's not "airborne".  It's whether or not a/c is the issue.  Too many people in a/c all day long in offices without outbreaks.  Airborne and transmitted via a/c are two completely different things.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We were in a restaurant in Westchester county NY yesterday. The place had outdoor socially distanced and 50% capacity inside .... fully used.. with long wait times. The person who waited on us (we ate at bar) told us that many people there eating state they are from Manhattan or New Jersey (no indoor dining at those allowed). So those places don't allow their residents to eat indoors, but their residents are bringing their business elsewhere. Interesting. 

I do feel bad for NYC restaurants who have no space for outdoor dining. A neighbor in our town owns a restaurant in Brooklyn and they are still closed.  35 employees.  

A bit off the original topic. 

May we all sail soon. 

I didn't realize that Jersey still doesn't have indoor dining. The restaurants around town where I live aren't ideal for outside dining but they are doing it. I don't want to be breathing in fumes from traffic and with all of the talk on this site about the odds being so great being run over by a car I would rather eat inside.

We are booked on the November 5th sailing for Adventure of the Seas I just hope they give us enough advanced notice because I am not booking airfare till the last minute I already have credits from previous cancelled cruises. 

My main concern is I saw a video where they are talking about testing everyone before they board and what happens when one person in your party tests positive and the rest don’t? Plus as we all know there have been many false positives or negatives for that fact with these tests. 

48 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I didn't realize that Jersey still doesn't have indoor dining. The restaurants around town where I live aren't ideal for outside dining but they are doing it. I don't want to be breathing in fumes from traffic and with all of the talk on this site about the odds being so great being run over by a car I would rather eat inside.

We don’t have any indoor dining currently or gyms allowed to be open. The governor keeps saying if our numbers stay down he will begin to allow it but the numbers have been down and there has still been no movement. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That is a very funny response.  I'll have to remember to not sit close to the street the next time I dine outside.

• Like 1

Hoping that Cunard's announcement isn't an omen.

"Cunard was set to resume operating in November 2020, but has now extended its pause in operations until 25 March 2021, at the earliest.

Queen Elizabeth will resume sailings on 25 March, while Queen Mary 2 will restart sailings on 18 April 2021. Finally, Queen Victoria will resume operations on 16 May 2021."

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The places we eat at have always had outdoor seating and have patios.  We have  yet to eat in a parking lot or a street.  Those that didn't already have outdoor dining are using sidewalks and some never did outdoor, they just stayed closed until indoor was allowed which here in No VA was a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Hoping that Cunard's announcement isn't an omen.

"Cunard was set to resume operating in November 2020, but has now extended its pause in operations until 25 March 2021, at the earliest.

Queen Elizabeth will resume sailings on 25 March, while Queen Mary 2 will restart sailings on 18 April 2021. Finally, Queen Victoria will resume operations on 16 May 2021."

I've always expected no cruises the rest of this year.  I can see Royal and others making announcements through Dec before too long.  We're currently not booked again til May since we cancelled our Nov b2b a couple of weeks ago.  I also think MSC will either limp through or end up stopping cruises again.

Edited by BND

We had 3 cruises booked for October.  When they were canceled , we applied for the full refund. My card was credited with all three last Friday.  We already have FCC's for the canceled April cruise, and a B2B2B Odyssey cruise next year. Did not need any more.

I understand you cannot apply multiple FCC to a single cruise. If so, i hope that gets changed.

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We had 3 cruises booked for October.  When they were canceled , we applied for the full refund. My card was credited with all three last Friday.  We already have FCC's for the canceled April cruise, and a B2B2B Odyssey cruise next year. Did not need any more.

I understand you cannot apply multiple FCC to a single cruise. If so, i hope that gets changed.

You can apply multiple FCCs if they are in different people's names.  For example, if a wife has an FCC and a husband has an FCC both can be applied to the same booking (just can't have two from the same person).

19 hours ago, Irish13 said:

My main concern is I saw a video where they are talking about testing everyone before they board and what happens when one person in your party tests positive and the rest don’t? 

that just happened with MSC Grandiosa's 2nd sailing. One person in a party of 11 tested positive and none of the 11 were allowed to board. The first sailing went off without a hitch (minus the idiots that violated protocols on a shorex).

7 hours ago, BND said:

I also think MSC will either limp through or end up stopping cruises again.

First one went OK, except for the people who went off on their own in port. Second one had 11 people denied boarding because 1 in their party tested positive for Covid-19. So the second sailing of Grandiosa has departed. So no limping yet, and Costa plans on starting Sept 6 with the same health protocols.

5 hours ago, Irish13 said:

So I wonder what happened after that party was not allowed to board. Like refunds ect. 

What a bummer for the other 10 cruisers.  Even if their cruise fare was refunded, they most likely had lots of other expenses such as hotel and transportation expenses to get back home

On 8/24/2020 at 4:45 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

......  I thought Majesty and Empress were doomed?

M8

Sure glad this was not the fate for the Grandeur.  Now that RCCL will be keeping the Grandeur, any rumors on where she will be sailing from after March 2021?

10 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Sure glad this was not the fate for the Grandeur.  Now that RCCL will be keeping the Grandeur, any rumors on where she will be sailing from after March 2021?

Not yet.