Next Delay Announcement

I don't recall seeing an announcement, but it looks like RCI cancelled all Quantum sailings till 11/1 (all China sailings) and Spectrum sailings till 10/1. Both were due to restart in mid September. Spectrum just sailed into Shanghai today.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't recall seeing an announcement, but it looks like RCI cancelled all Quantum sailings till 11/1 (all China sailings) and Spectrum sailings till 10/1. Both were due to restart in mid September. Spectrum just sailed into Shanghai today.

Found it for you.  From RCCL:

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through October 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on November 1st, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November.

Australia season through October 31st, 2020.

Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.

• Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.

• After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, and in conjunction with the CDC, we’ve decided to cancel some additional sailings departing from China. The following Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas sailings have now been cancelled:

◦ Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 27th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through October 28th, 2020

In case anyone has not seen the latest announcement (received today):

The fluidity of the current pandemic has taught us that flexibility and adaptability are the keys to getting to the other side. We continue to work closely with government officials, as well as the communities we visit, to bring you the latest news and updates. Our most recent plan was to resume cruise operations on October 1, 2020 for our Australia and New Zealand departures; however, the decision has now been made to extend this through October 31, 2020, which aligns with the guidance provided by the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). Additionally, we’ve decided to suspend our China itineraries on Spectrum of the Seas through the end of September and Quantum of the Seas through October 1, 2020.  

Interesting that the post on the RCCL website says Quantum delayed until 10/28 but in this post received today it says Oct. 1. 

Edited by keyboardjunkie

On 8/24/2020 at 8:45 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I didn't realize that Jersey still doesn't have indoor dining. The restaurants around town where I live aren't ideal for outside dining but they are doing it. I don't want to be breathing in fumes from traffic and with all of the talk on this site about the odds being so great being run over by a car I would rather eat inside.

You should eat here 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

That must have happened in the last couple of days - the web site still had Spectrum sailing in September earlier in the week. Here's what was on that web page:

Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020 and October 7th, 2020 - October 28th, 2020 sailings

◦ Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020

Edited by Biker19

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That must have happened in the last couple of days - the web site still had Spectrum sailing in September earlier in the week. Here's what was on that web page:

Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020 and October 7th, 2020 - October 28th, 2020 sailings

◦ Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020

I receive the following updates (originally in Chinese only) from RCI China office on 26th Aug. Often they will only update on their Chinese website / send the news to travel agents in Asia first, but will slightly be delayed on international website.

23 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

• After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, and in conjunction with the CDC, we’ve decided to cancel some additional sailings departing from China. The following Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas sailings have now been cancelled:

◦ Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 27th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through October 28th, 2020

On 8/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, Biker19 said:

Quantum only has China sailings until 1st Oct. After 7th Oct she will sail in Singapore.

Hence all the October Singapore sailings have already been cancelled earlier, when RCI previously announced the cancellation of worldwide cruises (except Australia and China) till 31st Oct.

While this is not Royal, it does show what another cruise line is doing to avoid another delay.  This came in today from Costa:

"We’re delighted to announce that, after a period of suspension lasting almost five months, the Costa Cruises fleet is preparing for the gradual and responsible resumption of operations starting September 6 with Costa Deliziosa departing from Trieste and on September 19 with Costa Diadema sailing from Genoa. This will be a very important time for all of us.   (Continued…..)

We’ll be resuming in September with Italian cruises, only for Italian guests and calling at Italian ports, but the idea is to work towards extending our itineraries so as to also include guests of other nationalities in the coming weeks."

I have to applaud Costa for starting cruising.  Yes, it is limited but they have 'broken' the suspension in a way that they feel is safe and manageable.   While I realize a move such as this might not work in the USA considering that the major cruise ports are mostly located in areas with the highest COVID counts (Florida 2nd in the nation, Texas 3rd, NYC/Jersey), I think they are being trendsetters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

While I realize a move such as this might not work in the USA considering that the major cruise ports are mostly located in areas with the highest COVID counts (Florida 2nd in the nation, Texas 3rd, NYC/Jersey), I think they are being trendsetters.

Just a little FYI   Nyc/Nj were hot spots  early on but have had the virus under control with very minimal new cases for 3+ months now.  Just like Italy. 

Basically the ports in the northeast region  NYC,  Cape Liberty NJ and Baltimore MD are all in good positions and hopefully continue to keep numbers down.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

A cruise friend called Royal today.  She was told by a rep that they are planning/hoping for November sailings.  Large ships to sail first.  No news on where Grandeur will end up.  Just an FYI.  Katherine

And if this "friend" would have called back and talked to another rep she would have gotten another answer :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Just a little FYI   Nyc/Nj were hot spots  early on but have had the virus under control with very minimal new cases for 3+ months now.  Just like Italy. 

Basically the ports in the northeast region  NYC,  Cape Liberty NJ and Baltimore MD are all in good positions and hopefully continue to keep numbers down.  

It would be great if they could open.

8 hours ago, RD64 said:

MSC is the true trendsetter! They are currently on their third Mediterranean sailing - limited to passengers from the Schengen zones.

TUI Cruises was first and has already completed more than a dozend cruises between 3 and 7 days in North Europe successfully since July.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

A cruise friend called Royal today.  She was told by a rep that they are planning/hoping for November sailings.  Large ships to sail first.  No news on where Grandeur will end up.  Just an FYI.  Katherine

They have been saying something similar since this Spring. I have called RCI numerous times for price drops for several bookings. So far this year I have heard we will likely resume cruising by Memorial Day, by July 4th, by Labor Day, and by this October. Despite being told these cruises would happen by multiple reps, all 4 cruises I had booked with RCI were cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

Latest statement from the CLIA (my bolding, not theirs):

"CLIA ocean-going cruise lines made the decision on 5 August 2020 to voluntarily extend the ongoing suspension of U.S. passenger operations until at least 31 October 2020 with the understanding that we will revisit a possible further extension on or before 30 September 2020. Should conditions in the U.S. change, and it becomes possible to consider short, modified sailings, we would consider an earlier restart. This would be pursued in consultation with the CDC and other policymakers."

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Latest statement from the CLIA (my bolding, not theirs):

"CLIA ocean-going cruise lines made the decision on 5 August 2020 to voluntarily extend the ongoing suspension of U.S. passenger operations until at least 31 October 2020 with the understanding that we will revisit a possible further extension on or before 30 September 2020. Should conditions in the U.S. change, and it becomes possible to consider short, modified sailings, we would consider an earlier restart. This would be pursued in consultation with the CDC and other policymakers."

short, modified sailings😱

That pretty much rules out the Northeast if we are talking about 3/4 day itineraries 

Might even restrict Galveston. Maybe a quick stop in Progresso and back

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

And if this "friend" would have called back and talked to another rep she would have gotten another answer :classic_wink:

I don't know why people think the reps know anything because all they know is what corporate tells them to say.  They have scripts and everything they look up to answer is what is showing on their computer screen.  They have opinions of course, but no inside knowledge.  They're all contractors and are working from different areas.  A few years ago we met a rep on a member's cruise. He lived and worked in Oregon and that was his first cruise.  He was learning all kinds of things from those of us in the CL.  We had a GS on that trip.

• Like 1