Crew retuning

karena1

5 hours ago, Pratique said:

where more than 11.5 million passengers spent $1.05 billion ashore in 2016, according to Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)....

So those cruise passengers are spending less than $100 each? 

Even if you drive yourself to the port it can cost close to that just to park.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It sure doesn’t seem to be the way to gain favour from the CDC, even though they are trying to make their point. It is a unprecedented pandemic, not a gastric outbreak limited to one ship.....

The Miami-Dade Commissioners Committee and one individual in particular, Rebeca Sosa, was the one blasting the CDC.  Del Rio, Arnold and Bayley stayed away from the bashing and instead painted a bleak picture of the cruise industry going forward if the no-sail order is extended. 

My feeling is it's in the cruise lines CEOs best interest to get the County officials to put pressure on government on their behalf (they are not US entities), and since the cruise ports can not survive unless cruise ships can sail, it is incumbent upon Miami-Dade County to get Congress to prod the CDC.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The Miami-Dade Commissioners Committee and one individual in particular, Rebeca Sosa, was the one blasting the CDC.  Del Rio, Arnold and Bayley stayed away from the bashing and instead painted a bleak picture of the cruise industry going forward if the no-sail order is extended. 

My feeling is it's in the cruise lines CEOs best interest to get the County officials to put pressure on government on their behalf (they are not US entities), and since the cruise ports can not survive unless cruise ships can sail, it is incumbent upon Miami-Dade County to get Congress to prod the CDC.  

72FD39AF-0084-439A-B0B6-876356A87824.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

$

🎼🎵🎶 

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

🎼🎵🎶 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

🎼🎵🎶 

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

🎼🎵🎶 

HaHa! But so happy to hear that Miami and Broward go to Phase 2 of re-opening on Monday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Very true -- the problem is the three major lines sailing out of PortMiami represent 75% of the cruise industry. There's a lot at stake for the port if forced to wait for rebirth of the cruise lines.

Absolutely, that's why they need to get it right

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pratique said:

Are the social distancing requirements still in place? We heard from many restaurants and bars who said that even when we moved to 100% capacity it didn't help because the distancing requirements still limited them to less than half of normal capacity.

Who is at 100% capacity?  Her in Pa and NJ we are 25 to 50% for indoor dining.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:02 AM, time4u2go said:

Nobody has asked the obvious question based on the title of this thread:  How long will it take to retune the crew? 😁

You, my fellow cruiser, are awesome!  

If I had to estimate, you might be able,to tune 3-4 at a time.  More than that, and the sopranos and altos get mixed up and tuning gets a bit complicated.  Based upon that, they will all be tuned by Christmas.  Now if you want fine tuning, that may take until Valentine’s Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Who is at 100% capacity?  Her in Pa and NJ we are 25 to 50% for indoor dining.

We are at "100% capacity" in New Hampshire but it is meaningless because social distancing prevents them from actually serving at 100%. They can't make the dining rooms larger to accommodate more people at a greater distance from each other.

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampshire-coronavirus-update-august-21-2020/33667169

Edited by Pratique

On 9/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, catlady66 said:

I'm from Ohio & have booked the Jewel leaving Galveston on December 22nd.  So they are not turning away out of state residents, at least in Texas.  Besides, would that even be legal? 

Why shouldn't it be legal, it would be a temporary restriction implemented due to COVID restrictions.

Since the risk of starting cruising within the next months is there and various concepts need to be implemented / support by government bodies to make sure that cruise ships would not be banned from docking and having passengers disembark, I wouldn't be suprised that the start there could be delayed due to bureaucratic reasons. Then of course the other requirement is to have numbers of new infections to go down.

11 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

You, my fellow cruiser, are awesome!  

If I had to estimate, you might be able,to tune 3-4 at a time.  More than that, and the sopranos and altos get mixed up and tuning gets a bit complicated.  Based upon that, they will all be tuned by Christmas.  Now if you want fine tuning, that may take until Valentine’s Day.

There's nothing worse than an out-of-tune crew member! 😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

Watching the St. Maarten Port Cam right now... Can see crew rolling suitcases off the ship (Vision) onto the walkway. I know SXM has been allowing various lines to come in and debark/embark crew....

Would be a much better sign if crew were rolling their suitcases on the cruise ship in the St Maarten Port.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bead Pirate said:

Watching the St. Maarten Port Cam right now... Can see crew rolling suitcases off the ship (Vision) onto the walkway. I know SXM has been allowing various lines to come in and debark/embark crew....

Do you know where Vision was docked at before? Could she have picked up crew there?

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Both the optimist and the pessimist have a valid point of view. But if the bus goes off the cliff, they both die.😉

FB_IMG_1599848464406.jpg.c5b7d25117f6082fcc0beda21cbefaef.jpg

Where's the Realist?   He's not on the bus because he works to control his own destiny.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1