Whats the story for dec cruises?

seaman11

Nobody knows!!!!!!!!   It looks like November cruises will be cancelled because there are no reports of a large members of the crew are getting orders or being asked to return to the ships..      Some of crew need to a board 6 to 8 weeks prior of first cruises.....

49 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Nobody knows!!!!!!!!   It looks like November cruises will be cancelled because there are no reports of a large members of the crew are getting orders or being asked to return to the ships..      Some of crew need to a board 6 to 8 weeks prior of first cruises.....

Nonsense. Carnival remains confident and currently advises that November is still on schedule for sail dates. Have some faith and pixie dust.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

The longer Carnival delays its announcements, the longer the company has to keep customers' money on its books.  Carnival has been announcing its coming cancellations at the beginning of each month.  The latest set was posted on Carnival's website 9/3.

Expect a new round of cancellations around Halloween, then after Thanksgiving.  Even if a no sail order is lifted, crews must be re-assembled, vendors alerted, supply chains re-formed, port approval must be granted, a partial fleet roll out will begin, etc.  All of these takes time.

If any of the re-started cruises experiences a COVID episode, expect immediate cancellations of this process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

yawn, yawn!!!!  you have been saying that and you have been wrong!!!!!!! 

I just looked at Carnival’s website. With the exception of several ships that are specifically addressed, the website states sailings are cancelled thru October 31, 2020. While this will likely change in the future, as of today that is the most accurate information provided directly by Carnival.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, evandbob said:

The longer Carnival delays its announcements, the longer the company has to keep customers' money on its books.  Carnival has been announcing its coming cancellations at the beginning of each month.  The latest set was posted on Carnival's website 9/3.

Expect a new round of cancellations around Halloween, then after Thanksgiving.  Even if a no sail order is lifted, crews must be re-assembled, vendors alerted, supply chains re-formed, port approval must be granted, a partial fleet roll out will begin, etc.  All of these takes time.

If any of the re-started cruises experiences a COVID episode, expect immediate cancellations of this process.

What were the new cancellations on 9/3? I read it. I didn’t see anything I didn’t already know.

• Like 1

We really need to learn to accept whatever happens in a certain moment in time and in life. When all elements fit together (timing, safety, maintenance, food safety, passenger and crew safety, "bubble effect" and common sense) we will then Cruise again. As you have seen with the Big Drug Manufacturer, as you try and defy History and "rush" a cure to market the positive elements of the Universe put a sudden "halt" to your madness.     

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

What were the new cancellations on 9/3? I read it. I didn’t see anything I didn’t already know.

There weren't any new cancellations, at least as far as I could read.

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Expect a new round of cancellations around Halloween, then after Thanksgiving. 

They can't wait until Halloween - ships are supposed to start sailing the very next day.

They will need to announce something no later than 1 October.  My guess is either later this week, or they will wait until the CDC announces an extension to the No Sail Order that expires 30 Sept (CDC would announce around Sept 23); or should the CDC let it expire, maybe Carnival will not announce any further cancellations?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I just looked at Carnival’s website. With the exception of several ships that are specifically addressed, the website states sailings are cancelled thru October 31, 2020. While this will likely change in the future, as of today that is the most accurate information provided directly by Carnival.  

And once upon a time from their website they were going to be cruises in August from Florida and Texas.

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Maybe I'm missing something. They need to cancel November cruises before Halloween if they are going to cancel.

• Like 2

Sorry if I rushed to Halloween and left off the end of September - I probably should have simplified and just said cancellation notices seem to come at the end of each month.

Thanks to all who clarified and corrected my omission of September!

I am still not optimistic about sailing resuming in 2020.  JMO, YMMV.

3 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

We really need to learn to accept whatever happens in a certain moment in time and in life. When all elements fit together (timing, safety, maintenance, food safety, passenger and crew safety, "bubble effect" and common sense) we will then Cruise again. As you have seen with the Big Drug Manufacturer, as you try and defy History and "rush" a cure to market the positive elements of the Universe put a sudden "halt" to your madness.     

Fauci:  AstraZeneca pause in vaccine production 'not uncommon'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

There weren't any new cancellations, at least as far as I could read.

They can't wait until Halloween - ships are supposed to start sailing the very next day.

They will need to announce something no later than 1 October.  My guess is either later this week, or they will wait until the CDC announces an extension to the No Sail Order that expires 30 Sept (CDC would announce around Sept 23); or should the CDC let it expire, maybe Carnival will not announce any further cancellations?

Well, I mean, they can wait until 10/31 to cancel 11/1 but it would be pretty messed up under the current conditions. Once upon a time when ships sailed, one of the NCL ships started boarding and then canceled the cruise due to Covid just prior to sail away. Whether it’s hotels, cruises or air travel, last minute cancellations and IRROPS happen.

Edited by xDisconnections

15 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Nonsense. Carnival remains confident and currently advises that November is still on schedule for sail dates. Have some faith and pixie dust.

Not nonsense, as Cruiseboy says, NO-ONE KNOWS, faith and pixie dust is all you have

• Like 1

Cruise family there is absolutely nothing wrong with being "optimistic" as long as you are also "realistic" about certain situations. I am as ready as anyone to get back on the seas; however, I am also honest enough to know that it may not happen anytime soon. The prospective dates and times don't really matter; what really matters is that we can all Cruise "safely" when the time comes.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, coevan said:

Not nonsense, as Cruiseboy says, NO-ONE KNOWS, faith and pixie dust is all you have

7 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Exactly............  

It’s sadly contradicting the cruise line and spreading misinformation. What he’s sharing is pure nonsense based on speculation.

It looks like November bookings are gone from the Carnival website, so I imagine November sailings are going to be canceled.  They are slowly working their way to December cancellations.  So sad as I have a sailing scheduled on the Dream on December 12.  Oh well, more OBC, I guess 😪.

15 minutes ago, jhubba said:

It looks like November bookings are gone from the Carnival website, so I imagine November sailings are going to be canceled.  They are slowly working their way to December cancellations.  So sad as I have a sailing scheduled on the Dream on December 12.  Oh well, more OBC, I guess 😪.

The first cruise I tried to book in November took me all the way to the end. It was Nov 21st on the breeze. 

It looks like November bookings are gone from the Carnival website, so I imagine November sailings are going to be canceled.  They are slowly working their way to December cancellations.  So sad as I have a sailing scheduled on the Dream on December 12.  Oh well, more OBC, I guess [emoji25].

November cruises are still showing out of Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Forums