Will you cruise in Jan. or Feb.?

delliemd

4 hours ago, Fortressgirl said:

We have two booked for 1st quarter 2021. The first is Hawaii on January 5th. Odds of sailing 50/50. Then California Coastal at the end of March; odds there 70/30. If we feel the health protocols are insufficient, we will cancel, but it seems the cruise industry is being held to a higher standard of care than hotels, airlines, etc. so I believe it will be safe. Both cruises are out of LA, so flights are less than an hour for us. Using Princess transfers on the January cruise and will see what protocols are in place for shore excursions. Life onboard will be different and we will see what adjustments we will have to make. I am willing to take responsibility for my behavior ( masks, social distancing, etc.) and will trust that Princess will do their part. I think the biggest challenge comes when people leave the ship in ports of call. From all I've heard, once everyone has embarked at the beginning, the ship will be virus-free. Covid testing and temperature checks will be in place. Not sure yet how they will handle getting off the ship and then returning. I think that may be the tipping point for many. For us, we are cautiously optimistic.

It sounds like you will only be able to get off the ship if you are doing a Princess or select vendor excursions.  It's gonna hurt the ports financially if that happens.  

My wife and I just booked a 5-night Cabo Getaway out of L.A., Feb. 6-11, 2021. Normally, we would have preferred a 7-night Mexican Riviera sailing, with additional stops in Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta. But if there's a requirement that the only way to get off the ship in a port is to take an "official" tour, we won't be sailing. We never get off the ship---any ship---in Cabo anyway, so  a shore excursion requirement there would be irrelevant to us. But in just about any other port, anywhere in the world, we want to get off the ship and explore on our own. We may be limiting ourselves severely, but I'd rather not go on a particular cruise than feel unduly compromised.

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

We might consider a Jan or Feb 2021 cruise but not if they require masks or social distancing.  Requiring a vaccine is fine.

You can cancel any consideration since both masks and social distancing will be required at times while cruising until a vaccine has been developed and is in distribution.  

My speculation is next summer at the earliest is when masks will no longer be required.

• Like 1

We are booked on Princess for a Mexico cruise Jan.16th.  Our April 2020 cruise was canceled and we were offered so many goodies to rebook for January.  The closer it gets, the more I think we should cancel and rebook, but I will probably lose all my freebies.  Husband says if it sails, he's going, but if I cancel, he stays home.  

I recently checked and saw a LOT of unsold cabins on this sailing and I doubt most of them will be sold.  I don't want to board my dogs and be stuck on a ship if there is a shipboard outbreak.  

I don't see how we can get a vaccine by them and be assured it will work.  

I keep dreaming of the ocean while staring at the same walls at home!

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You can cancel any consideration since both masks and social distancing will be required at times while cruising until a vaccine has been developed and is in distribution.  

My speculation is next summer at the earliest is when masks will no longer be required.

Works for me. 

I'm not so desperate to cruise that I would spend several thousand to wear a napkin on my face.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bridalgownz said:

We are booked on Princess for a Mexico cruise Jan.16th.  Our April 2020 cruise was canceled and we were offered so many goodies to rebook for January.  The closer it gets, the more I think we should cancel and rebook, but I will probably lose all my freebies.  Husband says if it sails, he's going, but if I cancel, he stays home.  

I recently checked and saw a LOT of unsold cabins on this sailing and I doubt most of them will be sold.  I don't want to board my dogs and be stuck on a ship if there is a shipboard outbreak.  

I don't see how we can get a vaccine by them and be assured it will work.  

I keep dreaming of the ocean while staring at the same walls at home!

That is exactly how we feel for December 19th ..I think that is a guinea Pig cruise first out for Royal ..hate to be floating around outside LA if someone has tested positive with Kitty boarding . 

• Like 1

We are scheduled for a cruise on January 9.  As long as masks, social distancing and real health checks are required we will feel moderately safe to sail.  The three ports of call we have been to many times before and usually stay on the ship or leave the ship staying in the port area.  Any requirement to only take cruise line tours is not an issue with us.  The fun is sailing, watching the seas go by, sun rise and set and the ship options onboard.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We are scheduled for a cruise on January 9.  As long as masks, social distancing and real health checks are required we will feel moderately safe to sail.  The three ports of call we have been to many times before and usually stay on the ship or leave the ship staying in the port area.  Any requirement to only take cruise line tours is not an issue with us.  The fun is sailing, watching the seas go by, sun rise and set and the ship options onboard.  

Agree about staying on the ship.  I did 21 days in the Caribbean on the Sky Princess this past January/February and only got off the ship once to walk to the end of the pier and get a good photo of the ship.  I love staying on-board on port days.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Agree about staying on the ship.  I did 21 days in the Caribbean on the Sky Princess this past January/February and only got off the ship once to walk to the end of the pier and get a good photo of the ship.  I love staying on-board on port days.

We do likewise in the Caribbean. There isn't much we haven't see numerous times.

From what I understand you can't even get off without being on a Princess schedule tour right now and I doubt we'll still be able to get off on our own just to shoot a few photo's.

We would hate to be trapped on the ship unless we paid the tour price.

Hopefully things will change by late 2021.

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I got on the tender in Cabo to ride the tender on top 🤪 short excursion, no waiting

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Glad to know that you are an insider and know what will be required and when.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Glad to know that you are an insider and know what will be required and when.

If you have kept up with what has been discussed regarding the CEO's of Carnival, MSC, NCL and Royal you would know that my first sentence is indeed 100% fact.  My second sentence has the word speculation in it, you do know what that word means? 

So, how many of your dozen pending cruises will add to the 13 that have been cancelled so far?  You can speculate for me.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We cancelled January 2021.  We have a cruise booked for March 2021- feel we have a 50/50 chance of that cruise sailing- If not- we hope for the end of May or August 2021.  

But who knows.

Smart move. 👍

As much as I would like to start cruising once again, it's just not the time for it. 

I think 2021 is going to be almost a total washout at least until the fall season.

In my opinion 2021 will be no different from what we have right now. I would rather bet on 2022.. or even 2023.. or not even plan anything until there is a decrease in the numbers of Corvid positiv. I also epxect a vaccine to appear as soon as possible 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iancal said:

Not a chance that we will cruise in Jan or Feb.  Or March for that matter.  Not even thinking about it.

we're still hoping for 4/2021 🥃 and I really believe cruising , in some form , will again be happening even before then

baby steps, restrictions, masks, etc - 

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊