Missing My Cruie --- Cancelled of Course

Jim_Iain

I was suppose to leave today for Singapore for a B2B2B2B ----  Sitting here this morning thinking of how much I will be missing this opportunity.   They are not sailing the same in 2021 so no Slip and Shift.   They were cancelled 6 weeks ago.    I've received FCC's but not the Taxes and Fees yet.

image.png.c63e5b6f345d7d6d0d5350afbc9be6b8.png

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was suppose to leave today for Singapore for a B2B2B2B ----  Sitting here this morning thinking of how much I will be missing this opportunity.   They are not sailing the same in 2021 so no Slip and Shift.   They were cancelled 6 weeks ago.    I've received FCC's but not the Taxes and Fees yet.

image.png.c63e5b6f345d7d6d0d5350afbc9be6b8.png

You are paying to go to Vietnam? I spent thirteen months there in the mid 60s for free, plus I got paid for doing it. I'm sure things have changed though.

• Haha 1

Also feel your pain, we should have just returned from a cruise on the Silhouette...It would have set us up nicely for the dark winter nights ahead...

The sun will come out tomorrow...focus on your future fantastic adventures....

We have previously visited Thailand and Vietnam on cruises and land tours...both fantastic destinations, keep browsing, you will find the vacation to suit you.

• Thanks 1

Today we would have been at sea on Apex, arriving in Florida tomorrow following her Inaugural TA. Our cruise was canceled in September.  🙁
Still planning, and looking forward to, happier times.

Edited by C-Dragons

On 11/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, C-Dragons said:

Today we would have been at sea on Apex, arriving in Florida tomorrow following her Inaugural TA. Our cruise was canceled in September.

😢😢😢😢

• Thanks 1

Jim, I am sorry to hear about your cancelled cruises.  It must be disappointing.  We are booked on the reverse route (Hong Kong to Singapore) for Dec 2021.  We will see if that one sails....

On 11/4/2020 at 9:11 AM, grandgeezer said:

You are paying to go to Vietnam? I spent thirteen months there in the mid 60s for free, plus I got paid for doing it. I'm sure things have changed though.

I may have been slightly younger as I was at University during most of the War.   I was a 2nd Lieutenant in Air Force ROTC until they came out with the draft lottery.   I pulled a 309 and the first year they announced they would only be drafting up to 155.    I volunteered to change status to 1A and served my year of eligibility.  

I really wanted to see how Vietnam has changed.

On 11/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, garyl62 said:

Count me as one who is sorry for your lost experience, and my loss of reading another on of your great "Live from..." threads.  One more thing we'll have to wait for.

At lease we are still here and well.   I wear a mask daily and have rather gotten accustomed to them.   It's incredible how much we miss sailing.

• Like 2

We were supposed to be on the Eclipse with Jelayne for those 45 days, followed by 4 days in Singapore. Then we were to board a Princess ship for an 18 day cruise, ending in Sydney. We were to fly home for the holidays, then return to Sydney and spend about 12 weeks in OZ/NZ and the South Pacific, including 3 weeks camping in NZ. Then it was to be a ten day cruise around Tahiti, followed by a 14 day cruise to San Francisco, via Hawaii. After all that, we'd just have a one hour flight home in time to see our daughter graduate from college. 

We'd spent over two years planning those two trips. We got hooked on cruising a few years ago, and had changed from our original retirement plan of RVing round North America full-time to traveling the world for a few years first, before grandkids come along and we would want to be home more. Then Covid came and messed up plans for 7.5 billion people, including us. We've gone back to Plan-A and replaced our 20 year-old motor home in August and have been in it more than we've been home, mostly in Montana, where our oldest son lives. So we still get to travel, while being safely distant from others. 

We feel very fortunate that we still have a stable pension income and no worries about feeding our family, Millions of others are not so lucky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

At lease we are still here and well.   I wear a mask daily and have rather gotten accustomed to them. 

As I was out on my daily walk today I thought to myself how much I’ve become accustomed to a mask. Then I tried to remember what it was like without wearing one! 

Life is good now, but in ways it was a lot easier when all you had to grab before you left the house was your wallet and car keys. Now it’s those, plus phone, mask, and sanitizer! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We were supposed to be on the Eclipse with Jelayne for those 45 days, followed by 4 days in Singapore. Then we were to board a Princess ship for an 18 day cruise, ending in Sydney. We were to fly home for the holidays, then return to Sydney and spend about 12 weeks in OZ/NZ and the South Pacific, including 3 weeks camping in NZ. Then it was to be a ten day cruise around Tahiti, followed by a 14 day cruise to San Francisco, via Hawaii. After all that, we'd just have a one hour flight home in time to see our daughter graduate from college.

That is quite an impressive itinerary to escape the Northern Hemisphere winter for summer in the Southern Hemisphere!