When was your last cruise?

Domino D

I sailed on  Marina (Oceania) Feb 14-26. On land Did 3 days in Rio, 2 days Buenos Aires and 3 days at Iguassu Falls.... got home Feb 29 just before everything was starting to get sketchy in North America. Bucket list trip... Iguassu is the least known "wonder" of the world imo. Argentina and Iguassu were totally awesome, would love to go back someday

IMG_7257.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Rhapsody B2B  last 2 weeks February out of Tampa.   Caught Covid on the ship....though had no idea at the time.  Source of virus?  My sister!!  She came on board with it, thought it was a bad cold that she was just  getting over with.  I got sick with what I thought was the strangest cold I had ever after had when I got home.  

Later, found out it was classic case of Covid-19.  

Glad it wasn't more serious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Anthem: February 7(10) - 15 out of Bayonne

This was the cruise that was cut from 8 days to 5 days because passengers were sick on the previous sailing.  I will just say it was terrible communication from RCCL.  We sent $100 in tolls driving to the port on the 7th without being told the cruise was canceled.

I just read this to my wife.  She said she would still be trying to get those tolls back, and she is serious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giantfan13 said:

We disembarked in Barcelona March 13 and they closed the country down on March 14 leaving many for a mad scramble to 'get out of town'. We were already scheduled to leave on the 15 and we did, but for the night before, you couldn't even get anything to eat in all Barcelona unless you got something from your hotel. 

Len

I had mini version of this type of timing.  I went to Syracuse NY on 3/15th with the plan being to spend 3 days with my mother in a nursing home.  She become seriously ill and we wanted to see her.  Went over at 9am on 3/16 and spent 2 hours with her.  Then we left the room while the nurse attended to her.  

We walked around the outside of the facility for 15 minutes, and went to go back in.  They stopped us and said the state of NY had ordered no visitors be allowed in.  Fight with the desk person and my sister ensued.  Convinced my sister to go to lunch and them figure things out.  At lunch all the restaurants had signs saying the Governor had ordered them to close at 8pm.  We went back to the hotel, and they had signs saying the Governor had ordered the fitness room, restaurant, free breakfast, etc. all closed.  

I talked to my mother on the phone, who said go home while you can.  Luckily she is on the first floor, so we all went and waived to her through the window.  We rebooked on Delta for 6am the next morning, and got the hell back to Georgia.  Next day shelter in place started.  Thankful I got to see her.

Edited by Domino D

5 hours ago, gmerick said:

Grandeur 08-20 Feb 2020 -- Fantastic cruise, but dozens of passengers and crew had "Flu-like Illness" returning to Baltimore.  I'm still holding out hope for 11-night Anthem 26 Jan 2021.

3 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Got on the Grandeur in Jan. 2020 and disembarked Feb.28. 

Sadly,No, it is not going to happen.  Just like we are not doing our b2b departing Jan. 29 and Feb. 6 on the Grandeur out of Baltimore. 😭

Don't harsh my mellow.  Hope springs eternal.

54 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I just read this to my wife.  She said she would still be trying to get those tolls back, and she is serious. 

Oh I remember hearing on the news and watching RCL website for their updates on that Anthem cruise out of Cape Liberty.    What a mess that was!     Didn't someone die or go at least go to the hospital seriously ill from that previous sailing?

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Rhapsody B2B  last 2 weeks February out of Tampa.   Caught Covid on the ship....though had no idea at the time.  Source of virus?  My sister!!  She came on board with it, thought it was a bad cold that she was just  getting over with.  I got sick with what I thought was the strangest cold I had ever after had when I got home.  

Later, found out it was classic case of Covid-19.  

Wow!   Your Sister was a Super Spreader.    You should get a T-Shirt for the upcoming holidays!    Sorry bad tease.    Thank god both of you are okay and hopefully no adverse side effects. 

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh I remember hearing on the news and watching RCL website for their updates on that Anthem cruise out of Cape Liberty.    What a mess that was!     Didn't someone die or go at least go to the hospital seriously ill from that previous sailing?

Just norovirus. But everyone was thinking covid.

32 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Don't harsh my mellow.  Hope springs eternal.

I still have hope for our cruises in the first 3 months of this coming year, but the CDC put that hope to bed when it said no cruises over 7 days until Nov. 1, 2021 or until they post otherwise. It's not me bursting your bubble, it's the CDC.☹️

15 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

11 days New England cruise on MSC Meriviglia in Oct 2019. Lots of people were coughing on the ship. Luckily this was pre COVID so most likely the usual fall seasonal flu.

A sentence that didn't exist 12 months ago.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Presidents Cruise, Harmony, 2018

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

If we have a prize for longest layoff, you are leading.  Unfortunately, it might be a Kawasaki Hat. 

I might be in contention.

Liberty of the Seas, 7-night out of Galveston.  First week of Nov 2018. 

I'm not a motorcycle guy but I'll take an Indian (motorcycle) hat. I like vintage, retro-cool

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I might be in contention.

Liberty of the Seas, 7-night out of Galveston.  First week of Nov 2018. 

I'm not a motorcycle guy but I'll take an Indian (motorcycle) hat. I like vintage, retro-cool

A challenger has risen

Oct. 2018 Symphony transatlantic.  April TP from Sydney cancelled, then Allure 2020 Med canceled and the westbound TA cancelled. Now have B2B booked on Harmony 2021 from Barcelona to Florida and have read no back to backs and no TA'S to America.  May be a while before I spend the night in a cabin. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovelife said:

Oasis March 1 - 8.

This was our last cruise before Covid as well. There was talk here and there on the ship about a "virus" but nothing serious at that time. Since then, we have had 4 cancelled cruises and 2 more that i am 100% sure are going to be cancelled (Jan '21 & Feb '21). Next hope is July '21 on Liberty.