When was your last cruise?

Domino D

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

Late November 2019 on Niuew Amsterdam, had 2 cruises booked for March and July of 2020 and always book in late Nov. So we lost 3 cruises and have no idea when we will cruise again.

We haven't even stepped in a restaurant since March 14 and no takeout either. 

September 2019 ABC's on Celebrity Equinox. Our December 23rd touch canal on constellation was canceled. I was really excited for that cruise. Planned a year in advance and was going to be our first time in a suite. 

Edited by calicakes

Our last cruise was Apr/May 2019 Serenade of the Seas Transatlantic to Copenhagen then 7 day Baltic.  Luckily  this year we decided to do our winter as a land based one in Barbados.  We are still thinking of our last awesome cruise. So many memories in those 23 days. Looking forward to being able to cruise again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

If only we could have foreseen the future....covid and I’ve been been diagnosed with a rare cancer. 

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I hope you have many many years to enjoy family and everything life offers us.  And lots of fun cruises!!

• Like 1

Went from LA to Singapore in 2019 - it had some Ports in the Itinerary that I had not been before (Guam), so it was interesting ... for me.

Had a Circumnavigation of Australia booked for April 2020 on Cunard, but that was ...... cancelled due to the Covid 19 Crisis. 

As far as any next Cruises? I still have Cruise Forward Deposits with NCL that need to be used-up, but personally, I will NOT be rushing to get back on Board - I'd rather WAIT, until the full extent of the Covid 19 situation is fully understood - and the Risk is reduced....... maybe in LATE 2021 or 2022?

Our last completed cruise was a 15-day TA called "Boston, Broadway & Bermuda" in November, 2018.   We were ready to leave for a 7 day Caribbean cruise on February 6, 2020 when DH ended up in the ER d/t a food-borne illness.  I had 2 packed suitcases in the bedroom but he was so ill, I'm sure they wouldn't have let him on the plane.  Luckily our cruise insurance covered everything we had already paid.   Our flight on Southwest gave us credit until 9/2022.   The only loss was the hotel room because we had not cancelled before midnight the day before.   Looking at a World Cruise for 2022 with our fingers crossed.

we hit disney for most of a week in late jan early feb and snagged a short 4 day cruise on ecstasy from jaxport on the way home feb 6-10 this year while all this was breaking news 

the rest of the year we had our 40th anniversary cruise cancelled and rebooked bumpteen times!😭

finally as we neared the fall we got something different we had our mariner elation b2b or is that a side to side cruise pairing cancelled ? anyway we had 9 days booked on the two for halloween and next to be cancelled was again or anno cruise in dec so now we ponder universal in dec.... unless orlando sinks....🙄

oh and we don't figure we'll be on Grandeur for 8 in jan either but its not technically cancelled yet or maybe it is just not offically yet

Our last cruise was April 27-May 4, 2019. We had a great cruise 🛳!

We were scheduled to board Brilliance out of Tampa tomorrow, but that was chartered out from under us, now cancelled due to Covid. If that one was still on, it would have been sailing through TS Eta. We switched to Harmony sailing October 4, 2020. Needless to say, that one didn’t sail either.

Our next cruise up is Allure, September 2021, Lifted & Shifted from Harmony when we realized that sailing wasn’t going to go. We really hope that the third time’s the charm and we finally get to sail on Allure!

Our last cruises were B2B from Feb 14 to March 6 on the Silhouette.  These were the first two cruises after the Revolution drydock.  All the work was done, the ship was perfect and we had a couple of great cruises.  I think the Silhouette had one last cruise after ours before the shutdown.

We were scheduled to be leaving on the Grandeur of the Seas today to say goodbye to her before she leaves the RCL fleet.  I'll be raking leaves instead.  ☹️

I really don't know when we'll cruise again.  I doubt our cruises on the Equinox in February will sail and I'm also doubtful that our Iceland/Greenland TA on the Summit in August will sail.  My next hope is for an October Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium.    I still have hope for that cruise because it's operating between US ports.  If there's something reasonable that they re-schedule in the Caribbean, perhaps we'll book one of those.

Our last cruise was Tianjin (China) to Singapore in October 2019.  We wanted to sail on Serenade around the UAE in Feb this year as there were some great prices but as we already had other cruises this year we did not have the vacation time!

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

We were scheduled to be leaving on the Grandeur of the Seas today to say goodbye to her before she leaves the RCL fleet.  I'll be raking leaves instead.  ☹️

It’s not an up-sell, but at least the weather today and the last few days has been decent in our area.  I like this better than what the Midwest has had. 

My last cruise... Oct 18th-25th, 2020... Mein Schiff 6 by TUI Cruises out of Iraklion/Crete.

Yesterday the last cruise out of Iraklion started but this will have no port stops. Three more cruises had to be cancelled so far. But TUI Cruises started two days ago on the Canary Islands with the Mein Schiff 2.

steamboats

October 20, 2019 Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Epic.  It was an amazing cruise and we spent four days in Barcelona afterwards, which was also great.  But it was very close to the cruise that wasn't.  In the middle of August I picked up a virus that didn't want to go away.  Then my bride slipped and fell hard in the kitchen, she was scared that she broke something and we wouldn't be able to go on the cruise.  Fortunately, the only thing hurt was her pride.  But I was sick so long that I was checking out what the travel protection covered, and was looking into rebooking in the spring.  I don't need to explain what would keep us from going in the spring.  Fortunately, I recovered by the end of September and we were able to make the cruise.  

DSC02372.JPG

• Like 1

July 2019.  In Aug, I dislocated my ankle and kneecap and broke my fibula so after surgery for the break, we had to cancel our b2b on Harmony for Nov 2019 (insurance reimbursed us since we had already made final payment) and also a week in WDW.  Our next cruise was supposed to be May 2020 and then again Nov 2020.  We're now booked for May 2021 (FOS b2b), July 2021 (Celebrity Summit), Nov 2021 (HOS b2b) and April 2022 ( Enchantment).   It's kind of working out as I may need knee surgery so I'll have time to heal.

29 minutes ago, BND said:

July 2019.  In Aug, I dislocated my ankle and kneecap and broke my fibula so after surgery for the break, we had to cancel our b2b on Harmony for Nov 2019 (insurance reimbursed us since we had already made final payment) and also a week in WDW.  Our next cruise was supposed to be May 2020 and then again Nov 2020.  We're now booked for May 2021 (FOS b2b), July 2021 (Celebrity Summit), Nov 2021 (HOS b2b) and April 2022 ( Enchantment).   It's kind of working out as I may need knee surgery so I'll have time to heal.

Hope you are mended when real cruising picks back up.  

On 11/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

If only we could have foreseen the future....covid and I’ve been been diagnosed with a rare cancer.  We wouldn’t be going anywhere right now anyway but we are hopeful that we can cruise again even if time is short.  There were so many places we wanted to see....but I’m so thankful for trips we were able to take.  When cruising restarts and it’s safer we may try to do a few more but probably just around the U.S.  We are thinking American river cruises or the Northeast or maybe Alaska.  By staying within a day of the U.S in case of illness will probably be best if we can go again.

I've been thinking about what to say to you for a day now.  I'm sorry to hear of your challenge, and hope that you will recover and have many more cruises.  At moments like this, I wish I was a wiser man and could offer you some inspiration or comfort.  My prayers are with you. There is a for sure a lot of great travel you can do and still be close to the USA.  I hope that you will soon be travelling again, even as you get your treatment.

3 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Hope you are mended when real cruising picks back up.  

I'm actually gradually getting better.  Ankle is healed, and has been for a while.  Knee is slowly improving, but I don't know when it will hit the wall.  I'm probably going in to see my OS and get an MRI.  He wanted to stay conservative and see where it goes with PT, which I finished in July as I had made a lot of progress.  My issue is distance.  I have almost no pain, just tightness and occasional sharp pain which I'm pretty sure is scar tissue as it doesn't last, but I want to get back to being able to walk miles and on uneven surfaces.  I ride my incumbent bike with no problem and no pain.  Surgery just means back to square one with rehab, but also back to "normal" for me.   I had never had surgery until 2018 (I was 58) for gall bladder, then 2019 for broken ankle so another one this year means three years in a row.  I do fine with anesthesia and healing, but crap, not how I want to spend my winter.   

• Like 1