When was your last cruise?

Domino D

We cruised out of New Orleans February 15-22 on Majesty.  We went to Mardi Gras before and  after the cruise, and spent time with our son and daughter in law who live in NO.

My wife and I were talking last night about the thrill ride that has been 2020.  It has been emotionally harder on her than me. I am fatalist at heart and believe that life is mostly survival with little moments of enjoyment.  She is a lover of life and experience.  It is the reason I'm the planner and booker of vacations (details matter).  She is the picker of where we will go.   I actually have a spreadsheet with 12 measurements about a vacation and it calculates an overall score.  Not exactly an exciting way to look at travel. 

All that is a long way of explaining, I was telling my wife, I consider us lucky.    Yes this is the longest we have gone without a cruise in over 15 years, but still we got one in 2020.  We will not lose the streak, assuming that Nov 2021 is safe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Domino D said:

We cruised out of New Orleans February 15-22 on Majesty.  We went to Mardi Gras before and  after the cruise, and spent time with our son and daughter in law who live in NO.

My wife and I were talking last night about the thrill ride that has been 2020.  It has been emotionally harder on her than me. I am fatalist at heart and believe that life is mostly survival with little moments of enjoyment.  She is a lover of life and experience.  It is the reason I'm the planner and booker of vacations (details matter).  She is the picker of where we will go.   I actually have a spreadsheet with 12 measurements about a vacation and it calculates an overall score.  Not exactly an exciting way to look at travel. 

All that is a long way of explaining, I was telling my wife, I consider us lucky.    Yes this is the longest we have gone without a cruise in over 15 years, but still we got one in 2020.  We will not lose the streak, assuming that Nov 2021 is safe. 

How did you enjoy the Majesty?.. I am planning on going on her in Feb 2022 out of New Orleans also.. never been to NO.. looking forward to it..

My last cruise was at the begin of Feb.. superbowl cruise on the Allure.. I miss it 😞

We were on the Oceania Rivera in March for a 10-day cruise which turned into a 5-day cruise to nowhere as it was one of the last to sail before the shut down.  After my wife and I returned from Miami, we both tested positive for Covid-19.  We may or may not have contracted it on the ship.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

How did you enjoy the Majesty?.. I am planning on going on her in Feb 2022 out of New Orleans also.. never been to NO.. looking forward to it..

My last cruise was at the begin of Feb.. superbowl cruise on the Allure.. I miss it 😞

We enjoyed the Majesty.  It is definitely a more traditional ship, but we had plenty to do and found it restful.  There are less places to eat, but there was decent variety.  The word I would choose is "peaceful".  It was a really peaceful cruise and that was what we were looking for at the time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ricka47 said:

We were on the Oceania Rivera in March for a 10-day cruise which turned into a 5-day cruise to nowhere as it was one of the last to sail before the shut down.  After my wife and I returned from Miami, we both tested positive for Covid-19.  We may or may not have contracted it on the ship.

Got to ask, Were you still glad you got the cruise in?  Hopefully you are both fully recovered.

Our last cruise was the first and only cruise on Freedom after her Amplification. We sailed out of San Juan on March 8th and were supposed to return there on the 15th. When we got near Puerto Rico, the government had shut the port down to cruise ships so we were not allowed dock and disembark. We we spent the next two days cruising to Miami and disembarked there. 

• Like 1

Disembarked the Radiance March 14th after 5 weeks circumnavigation of Australia and stops in New Zealand.   Were planning another 13 days on Radiance for more of New Zealand, but New Zealand closed its ports and we had to get off and fly home.  We should be on Anthem right now but.....

• Like 3

Just now, Domino D said:

Got to ask, Were you still glad you got the cruise in?  Hopefully you are both fully recovered.

The cruise was great, free, and we were upgraded to a penthouse with a butler.  Plus, we were given 150% FCC.  For what my wife went through (as her case was worse than mine), it was not worth it. We both have some remaining symptoms such as fatigue and brain fog. She has has more lingering symptoms - it is a nasty virus to be sure.

• Thanks 1

Our 'last' cruise was on HAL Feb 26 - Mar 8, 2020.  We visited the Panama Canal and southern Caribbean and enjoyed the Zuiderdam.  The rest of 2020 has been 7 cancelled RCL cruises.  March has been a looooong 8 months!  Our next potential cruise is on the Grandeur in January?

Was able to do six cruises in 2020 before everything came to a halt.  Was on the Majesty on a B2B out of New Orleans when the Captain announced on day 6 of the first cruise that cruising was coming to a halt.  The next day I was flying home instead of enjoying the second cruise.  That last cruise seems so long ago.  May have been my last cruise that will stop in Key West.

• Like 1

last cruise was Oasis April 2018...... as supposed to go on Oasis March 2020 but it cancelled the week before we were supposed to leave bc of covid

Rescheduled for July 2020.... cancelled again

We currently have Oasis scheduled for March 2021 (adult trip) and July 2021 (family trip)

We shall see? 

• Like 1

Our last cruise was a 21 night B2B on Serenade February 15th- March 13th, 2020. We disembarked the morning of March 13th and cruising was stopped that afternoon. Since then we've had 8 cruises cancelled and moved 6 others. Hoping we can cruise again the second half of 2021. 

• Like 1

"Last" was the 'last' Independence cruise

before they locked down all cruising...

March 12-16, 2020.

Was on a tear in 2020... 6 Royal cruises done

between Jan 2020-March 2020.

Also did one week on MSC Meraviglia, March 1, 2020.

I was on Empress, 7nt, Feb 23, 2020... they knew

Covid was an upcoming issue, but no guidelines

came down from shoreside at that point.  Stock prices

were a topic.

I got off Empress and immediately boarded MSC

Meraviglia.  MSC did have thermal scanning set up

in the terminal for that cruise (March 1, 2020).

Got home and booked Indy.... March 12th, last minute...

They had forehead scanning at terminal entrance.

Indy seemed only half full for March 12th cruise...

Covid was becoming big issue... many maybe

cancelled due to flight issues.

Anyway, They stopped all cruises after we got back

March 16th, 2020.

Since March 20th I have had 6 refunds.

We have only 2 future cruises booked (Dec 2021).

Waiting to see what happens before spending

another penny on cruising.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Got off the Radiance on Feb. 9th after a cruise around New Zealand followed by cruise up into the South Pacific.  There was some talk about the virus as we got on the ship.  Two ports were cancelled/changed on the second cruise due to ports being closed to prevent the virus from

coming to the island.  May cruise to the ABC's was cancelled.  Chose a refund rather than a FCC.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Our last cruise was the first and only cruise on Freedom after her Amplification. We sailed out of San Juan on March 8th and were supposed to return there on the 15th. When we got near Puerto Rico, the government had shut the port down to cruise ships so we were not allowed dock and disembark. We we spent the next two days cruising to Miami and disembarked there. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Disembarked the Radiance March 14th after 5 weeks circumnavigation of Australia and stops in New Zealand.   Were planning another 13 days on Radiance for more of New Zealand, but New Zealand closed its ports and we had to get off and fly home.  We should be on Anthem right now but.....

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

Our last cruise was a 21 night B2B on Serenade February 15th- March 13th, 2020. We disembarked the morning of March 13th and cruising was stopped that afternoon. Since then we've had 8 cruises cancelled and moved 6 others. Hoping we can cruise again the second half of 2021. 

34 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Grandeur 08-20 Feb 2020 -- Fantastic cruise, but dozens of passengers and crew had "Flu-like Illness" returning to Baltimore.  I'm still holding out hope for 11-night Anthem 26 Jan 2021.

10 minutes ago, hancock said:

Got off the Radiance on Feb. 9th after a cruise around New Zealand followed by cruise up into the South Pacific.  There was some talk about the virus as we got on the ship.  Two ports were cancelled/changed on the second cruise due to ports being closed to prevent the virus from

coming to the island.  May cruise to the ABC's was cancelled.  Chose a refund rather than a FCC.

I feel lucky that our Feb cruise was pretty much normal.  I think they had a couple extra questions at check in, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.  I think we were a lot closer to the line than I even realized, hearing your stories. 

3 hours ago, Domino D said:

Dec.2019,Anthem of the Seas

• Like 1

We sailed on January 12th to 19th for western caribbean on Allure OTS 

then we got on the Serenade OTS for a 12 night cruise on January 20th (western caribbean with panama, colombia, etc)

We flew home from FLL on super bowl weekend (sat. feb 1st).     So happy we got in those 2 sailings in 2020 as we have had 7 others cancelled so far.

• Like 1

Got on the Grandeur in Jan. 2020 and disembarked Feb.28. 

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

Grandeur 08-20 Feb 2020 -- Fantastic cruise, but dozens of passengers and crew had "Flu-like Illness" returning to Baltimore.  I'm still holding out hope for 11-night Anthem 26 Jan 2021.

Sadly,No, it is not going to happen.  Just like we are not doing our b2b departing Jan. 29 and Feb. 6 on the Grandeur out of Baltimore. 😭