New vaccine

hollyjess

30 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Bumped into an elderly neighbour on the way out to our walk this morning (Elderly = 15 years older than me; just like middle-aged always used to be 15 years older than me.  I don’t think I can get away with that now 🙂). Anyway - she’s got her jab appointment for Tuesday.

If only I was a bit older ..... not really! 😉

My brain still thinks it's 1966 and I'm 18. The body thinks differently 🤔

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

If the various headlines are to be believed, they'll be doing 500k per day from next week. 

Excellent. Let’s hope thats correct as 2m a week won’t achieve the target now. Too few weeks and too many still to do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

My brain still thinks it's 1966 and I'm 18. The body thinks differently 🤔

And we all know what was on an 18 year olds mind :classic_unsure: A bit of advice ...

Do yourself a favour, do a nice pan of stew .That can make you sweat a bit as well and you will enjoy it !

It was your brain that got you into your current situation anyway, best to let the body have a say at this time in your life .:classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

The NHS pays that invoice and he also has a computer link for repeat prescriptions to our GP.I'm only a retired plumber but I'm sure somewhere in that line of communication that our GP is informed.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The NHS pays that invoice and he also has a computer link for repeat prescriptions to our GP.I'm only a retired plumber but I'm sure somewhere in that line of communication that our GP is informed.

I can't speak for England as the system is different there as compared to Scotland.

My GP has no knowledge of my flu vaccinations given by my health board.  There is no link between the two systems.  There are in effect three systems in place.  The GP's own system, the health boards system and a third which is a national system but its used for referrals and letters between the board and GP but not used for vaccinations.

Edited by Dinglebert

Some Tommy Cooper jokes that make me titter:

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off." 

"Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu… But I think it's Colin." 

"Two aerials meet on a roof, fall in love, get married. The ceremony was rubbish - but the reception was brilliant."

"I had a ploughman's lunch the other day. He wasn't very happy."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

“Doctor Doctor. I think I’m a billiard ball”

”Get to the end of the cue/queue”

“Doctor Doctor.  I think I’m a pair of curtains”

”I think you need to pull yourself together”

The butcher refused to serve me with a rib-eye and a fillet from the top shelf

He said the steaks were too high

I went to an energetic shellfish disco the other night

Pulled a mussel

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet but on the News at Ten last night we’re doing much better with the vaccine roll out than other parts of Europe- France, Italy Germany and Netherlands were mentioned. I was surprised how very low The Netherlands was.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

The butcher refused to serve me with a rib-eye and a fillet from the top shelf

He said the steaks were too high

Reminds me of when I was a kid and decided to rob our butchers :classic_unsure:

I went in with a gun and made him take all his meat out of the window and onto the floor !

He said " What do you want ? " 

I said " I'll tell you in a minute .Now stand on the liver ":classic_wacko:

I gave up robbery after that .:classic_smile:

18 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet but on the News at Ten last night we’re doing much better with the vaccine roll out than other parts of Europe- France, Italy Germany and Netherlands were mentioned. I was surprised how very low The Netherlands was.

The UK have Jabbed many more than the whole of the EU put together and are amongst the leading countries in the world.. Doubt you will see much praise on here.