New vaccine

hollyjess

12 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Computer says Yes !   Been trying for days, many times a day and at last I could book both appointments for my wife. First on Wednesday, second in May and only 15 minutes from where we live. 

Thank you for all those giving support, delighted.

Glad to hear you’ve succeeded in getting dates  your vaccinations. All the best for Wednesday

13 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Computer says Yes !   Been trying for days, many times a day and at last I could book both appointments for my wife. First on Wednesday, second in May and only 15 minutes from where we live. 

Thank you for all those giving support, delighted.

Great to hear you have got your Mrs jab at last Bob . On reading your post it made me 

check my Mrs appointment and on the NHS, it's reading come and get your jab booking 

but we want the GP Hub one so rang the Drs receptionist who 2 weeks ago, we could not

get a word in edgeways " Nothing to do with us, yes your down as Kalos's carer "

Rang this morning and got a new  receptionist who checked the system and told the 

wife " your not booked down as his carer "   WHAT !!  Grrr 👿 Had to go down to Drs

with paperwork this morning , we were not happy bunnies after been told that the 

Mrs was registered on the system in the first place . Even the Manager of the jab 

centre had said the Mrs should have been done the same time as me . Now we have to

wait a day for it all to go through the system . Hopefully it's sorted and should hear

something soon .

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great to hear you have got your Mrs jab at last Bob . On reading your post it made me 

check my Mrs appointment and on the NHS, it's reading come and get your jab booking 

but we want the GP Hub one so rang the Drs receptionist who 2 weeks ago, we could not

get a word in edgeways " Nothing to do with us, yes your down as Kalos's carer "

Rang this morning and got a new  receptionist who checked the system and told the 

wife " your not booked down as his carer "   WHAT !!  Grrr 👿 Had to go down to Drs

with paperwork this morning , we were not happy bunnies after been told that the 

Mrs was registered on the system in the first place . Even the Manager of the jab 

centre had said the Mrs should have been done the same time as me . Now we have to

wait a day for it all to go through the system . Hopefully it's sorted and should hear

something soon .

When you posted about your vaccination appointment, I assumed Mrs K would be with you and was surprised when you said no. Never mind Kalos, you're getting it sorted now,  deep breaths, keep that BP down. Better late than never😊

Avril

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Thank you so much and your post has worked its magic; she heard about half an hour ago. I cannot tell you how relieved I am.😄 

Wonderful news Annie. I'm so pleased. My daughter is on the shielding list and is waiting for her appointment too🤞

Avril

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wonderful news Annie. I'm so pleased. My daughter is on the shielding list and is waiting for her appointment too🤞

Avril

Thank you so much, Selbourne, Dermotsgirl and Avril.

Avril, I really hope your daughter hears soon - being a mum is one of those jobs that you can never actually retire from.:classic_huh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Avril, I really hope your daughter hears soon - being a mum is one of those jobs that you can never actually retire from.:classic_huh:

Exactly. It doesn't matter how old they are, they will always be your children.

Avril

• Like 3

Just booked both vaccines as a carer. I was given a choice of the Arnison Centre in Durham, the Nightingale centre in Washington or somewhere in Harrogate. I chose the Nightingale one. Just thinking while typing this the Harrogate one would have been a nice ride out (as long as I wasn't driving).

So I believe any carers can now book online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Quick update. My daughter has been contacted by her doctor and has an appointment for her covid jab 10.10am March 4th.

Avril

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Quick update. My daughter has been contacted by her doctor and has an appointment for her covid jab 10.10am March 4th.

Avril

Excellent news Avril. Hope she doesn’t get any adverse reaction, but a small price to pay to get protected. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Great news. Bet you are delighted. 

More relieved than anything Angel. I was starting to get really worried about her since this third lockdown. She wasn't in a good place, but sounded very chirpy when she rang today.

Avril 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Excellent news Avril. Hope she doesn’t get any adverse reaction, but a small price to pay to get protected. 

We were talking about the side effects and her comment was 'I don't care if my flippin' hair falls out, just so long as I get vaccinated' 

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We were talking about the side effects and her comment was 'I don't care if my flippin' hair falls out, just so long as I get vaccinated' 

Avril

Excellent news April  and hope all goes well for her , I’m off at 8 in morning to get mine then celebrating with a fry up , husband cooking 🧑‍🍳 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Glad she is feeling more chipper Avri;, and I wish some of my hair would fall out as well.

• Haha 1

Its lovely to read that quite a lot of people in this group  (or their daughters) have now got a date for their vaccine. 🙂 

If Graham or Pauline are reading this, I hope and pray that all goes well with your eye appointment and vaccine tomorrow Graham

• Like 6

Just having a catchup with all the news. I've had an additional 2 days off as wasn't very well (not Covid!) but all good now and back to work today.

Well, it's all got a bit spikey on some of the threads hasn't it? It's  been a better read than my current book I can tell you!

Firstly congrats to all who have got, or are getting their vaccines soon. Special warm wishes to Avril and Annie whose daughters have heard - great news.

Secondly, can someone please tell me what Graham did wrong? I didn't quite understand from Pauline's post why he's not allowed a presence on here. Has he been arrested for murder? Or armed robbery?  He seems such a lovely guy too. 

Finally, news from my vaccine hub is that we are only getting a trickle of the amount we were expecting this week, so can only vaccinate on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning.  Not sure what's happening with the groupings but I'm told we're inviting 40-49s with underlying. As I've been reading a lot of the excitement about the Roadmap,  I would add a note of caution in that a lot may depend on the rollout and our ability to continue without a full and regular supply.  Fingers crossed for holidays this year -  with a slight reservation.

Have a good day everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Secondly, can someone please tell me what Graham did wrong?

There are quite strict rules on CC about what you can and cannot say, and if it has been decided that you may, even inadvertently, have transgressed the ruies, you are given a "time out". 

Discussion of this whole subject is discouraged, so you rarely find out the full details. Sorry, I can't say more. 

• Like 1