New vaccine

hollyjess

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

There are quite strict rules on CC about what you can and cannot say, and if it has been decided that you may, even inadvertently, have transgressed the ruies, you are given a "time out". 

Discussion of this whole subject is discouraged, so you rarely find out the full details. Sorry, I can't say more. 

Oh I see. I'd better read the rules properly just in case. Thanks Wowzz. J.x

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

When you posted about your vaccination appointment, I assumed Mrs K would be with you and was surprised when you said no. Never mind Kalos, you're getting it sorted now,  deep breaths, keep that BP down. Better late than never😊

Avril

A quick update , Mrs K rung the local Hub this morning and they agreed she should

have been done by now. So she is now booked in a mile up from us this Saturday morning .

As you say better late than never.:classic_wink:

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

A quick update , Mrs K rung the local Hub this morning and they agreed she should

have been done by now. So she is now booked in a mile up from us this Saturday morning .

As you say better late than never.:classic_wink:

Good news Kalos. It's such a shame you've had all the aggro to get Mrs K booked but you're there now so good luck to Mrs K for Saturday. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I thought the vacc numbers were down badly the last 2 days.

What on earth did Graham do?  He is always a lovely guy.

As Wowzz put ,we are not allowed to discuss a Mods decision on here.

It was the Royal Caribbean board and nothing to do with the P&O board .

I will leave it at that .

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

JVT said on Sky that the vaccination slowdown is due to intermittent supply. Due to production in batches which may have different yields, it will also take some months to ramp up to a more continuous supply

13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Glad she is feeling more chipper Avri;, and I wish some of my hair would fall out as well.

So do I. I mean my hair not yours John😁 I don't know what upset me more, the possibility of more missed cruises or waiting another 7 weeks for a haircut.

Avril

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Fwee Gwaham, if we don't have a Gwaham, fwee Bwian.

Fwee Bwian ??   fwee Bwian ??:classic_unsure: You talk as if he's some kind of God !

Nope we will not Fwee Brian as he is a naughty boy ..So Go Away ! 

• Haha 3

There’s likely to be some warnings going out round these parts ...

Back to vaccine

Our local hub seems to have been inactive for a couple of days but is back up and running this morning.  I’ve put it down to “bumps in the road” ( 🙄) re supply.  Dr JvT seems to support that in his vaccination Q&A this morning

Hopefully it’s only temporary and, as Jane said some posts back, it gives the staff and volunteers time to catch their breath

Edited by Eddie99
Typo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, kalos said:

Fwee Bwian ??   fwee Bwian ??:classic_unsure: You talk as if he's some kind of God !

Nope we will not Fwee Brian as he is a naughty boy ..So Go Away ! 

I'm the Messiah and a naughty boy.Oh dear,can I get a time out for blasphemy.

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Thank you Jean.

Graham is the kindest most wonderful person.

He posted what someone asked for because he is too helpful.

He doesn't want anyone to fall foul of the rules by asking any more questions.

I often moan at him for being on here all the time but after seeing how lovely everyone is I understand now why.

Thank you everyone.

Love and hugs and bye.

Pauline 💕❤️💕❤️

• Like 9

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

JVT said on Sky that the vaccination slowdown is due to intermittent supply. Due to production in batches which may have different yields, it will also take some months to ramp up to a more continuous supply

No way we make that July target now. The first vac rollout will really slow down when the second vac rollout catches up. But we have done very well to be fair.

22 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

No way we make that July target now. The first vac rollout will really slow down when the second vac rollout catches up. But we have done very well to be fair.

Other vaccines are on there way,is "johnson & johnson" arriving soon? and isn't it a one jab vaccine?,swings and roundabouts.We are all doing a great job........looking forward to holidays.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Other vaccines are on there way,is "johnson & johnson" arriving soon? and isn't it a one jab vaccine?,swings and roundabouts.We are all doing a great job........looking forward to holidays.

Leave the poor soul alone to enjoy wallowing in his misery.🤣

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Also the Moderna vaccine (already approved by MHRA) will come onstream in April I believe. That will be an additional 17million doses on top of the AZ and Pfizer jabs

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Press reports quote Dr Sarah Gilbert, prime mover in the development of the AZ vaccine, saying we may develop a future vaccine delivered by nasal spray

Sounds hopeful

Interesting.  Up till now the Flu vaccine can be give to children by nasal spray but rather than with the Flu jag it is a very weakenrd strain of the flu.  The Covid vaccinations so far have not contained live covid.

Some more about similar/same research

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/news/scientists-developing-covid-19-vaccine-nasal-spray-1

If this does work and I hope it does it will make this whole process so much quicker and easier.

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Press reports quote Dr Sarah Gilbert, prime mover in the development of the AZ vaccine, saying we may develop a future vaccine delivered by nasal spray

Sounds hopeful

In a short time all these very clever and dedicated folk have given us a way out. Who knows what they are working on now. I don't, but I bet lots more very clever and lifesaving stuff still to come.

• Like 10