Cancellations and changes thru November

Arizona Wildcat

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are in the process of modifying cruises to meet the CDC guidelines of no cruises more than 7 days involving US ports until November of 2021.  Some 6 day cruises are being extended at no cost to 7 days.

Received notice for example my August Summit TA is being offered in August of 2022.  Publishing all the 2022 schedule is going to take time as port dates need to be negotiated/traded.  Port space is limited in many ports

To accommodate this many of cruises will be modified by date or length and hundreds will be cancelled effecting hundreds of thousands of passengers.

All I can suggest is sit tight.  It seems this is happening mostly well before final payment date.  It is going to take time to accomplish.  In the local TA office I use to book motels - I have never handled cruises - they anticipate about 7500 changes!

We have two cruises booked for Sept/Oct 2021.  16 nights thru the Panama Canal--LA to FLL and 9 nights out of Venice.  I have notified my TA that while I am not ready to cancel either at this point when June/July come along they are not to make final payment without checking with me first.  I expect the PC trip to cancel in the next month or two but the Venice to Rome is a total guessing game.  No way I am going under current terms of masks required and only ship's tours allowed.  I am not anti-mask in anyway but I am not willing to take an expensive vacation trip under those conditions. It would just not be enjoyable for me.

• Like 2

We are on the Apex TA May 1st 14 day TO Barcelona.Final payment Jan. 17th. On the Celebrity site, still available to book albeit every category is currently showing only guarantees. We will wait (maybe even do final payment to put on another already booked cruise) because we have already L&Sd two cruises - Japan in September and Caribbean in March (now 2022).

Not booking anything else though. A third L&S on the Infinity to January2022 has been cancelled, taking a refund of the down payment. Too much confusion in receiving refunds from three other cancellations— Celebrity from June,  Azamara from April and  Royal in August. BIG headaches— although for what the info is worth, Azamara refund was done very quickly.

40 minutes ago, Basketball wife said:

We are on the Apex TA May 1st 14 day TO Barcelona.Final payment Jan. 17th. On the Celebrity site, still available to book albeit every category is currently showing only guarantees. We will wait (maybe even do final payment to put on another already booked cruise) because we have already L&Sd two cruises - Japan in September and Caribbean in March (now 2022).

Not booking anything else though. A third L&S on the Infinity to January2022 has been cancelled, taking a refund of the down payment. Too much confusion in receiving refunds from three other cancellations— Celebrity from June,  Azamara from April and  Royal in August. BIG headaches— although for what the info is worth, Azamara refund was done very quickly.

We had that same APEX TA cruise booked, but because it departs from FL we were not feeling it.  Took the deposit and moved it to APEX 8/28 12 day Europe cruise which departs from Barcelona.  At this point who knows, just good to have something to possibly look forward to.  

The following was posted on the Celebrity website earlier this month.  Seems clear to me.

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

Monday, November 2nd

Our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit.  As we work with the CDC and others toward this shared goal, Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of sailings to include those departing on or before December 31, 2020, excluding our previously suspended 2020/21 Australia and Asia sailings. We will be reaching out to our guests and travel partners to share further details and address any questions or concerns they may have.

6 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I didn't realize that final payment for May will be in Jan.

We won't have a vaccine yet and I won't pay final payment unless I am sure to go.

Also, the cruise is 12 days and from what some of you say, they will shorten the cruise. Seven day cruise is too short for us.

Yes, final payment is 3 months ahead, and our TA requires it a week/10 days before that. So payment due early February for our May 15 Apex Barcelona 12 nights RT! 

We’ll most certainly cancel as the vaccine won’t be out then and we’re not sure of wanting to cruise under those conditions, even if Celebrity goes ahead. 

We were looking forward to South America on the Silhouette January 2022, but now that’s going to be on the Infinity... We plan on rebooking though, and decide what we want to do later next year.

16 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are in the process of modifying cruises to meet the CDC guidelines of no cruises more than 7 days involving US ports until November of 2021.  Some 6 day cruises are being extended at no cost to 7 days.

Received notice for example my August Summit TA is being offered in August of 2022.  Publishing all the 2022 schedule is going to take time as port dates need to be negotiated/traded.  Port space is limited in many ports

To accommodate this many of cruises will be modified by date or length and hundreds will be cancelled effecting hundreds of thousands of passengers.

All I can suggest is sit tight.  It seems this is happening mostly well before final payment date.  It is going to take time to accomplish.  In the local TA office I use to book motels - I have never handled cruises - they anticipate about 7500 changes!

Who sent you the notice that the Summit TA's will also be offered in August 2022?  I'm currently booked on the westbound TA on the Summit and I haven't seen or heard anything.  I think it's unlikely to sail as scheduled in August of 2022 and I'm hopeful it will be rescheduled and they will let us L&S.

59 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Who sent you the notice that the Summit TA's will also be offered in August 2022?  I'm currently booked on the westbound TA on the Summit and I haven't seen or heard anything.  I think it's unlikely to sail as scheduled in August of 2022 and I'm hopeful it will be rescheduled and they will let us L&S.

I'm not who you asked but yesterday I posted a link to this document which I found on the Celebrity Commitment website.  

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_Apr-Oct22_Deployment.pdf

However, today it's disappeared and been replaced with this one.

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_June-July2021_Deployment.pdf

I thought it was a bit odd that they'd published dates further into 2022 only for the one ship.  Now it seems perhaps someone messed up by doing so. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I didn't realize that final payment for May will be in Jan.

Celebrity’s final payment date is 90 before sail date.  There are some TAs that set the final payment to them at 120 days before sailing.

22 minutes ago, marieps said:

I believe sandancer said on a separate thread that they cancelled it.

Interesting. We've never received an email from X stating it was cancelled and it's still active in our Celebrity account as well as bookable on the X website. Do you by chance know which thread @sandancerposted where the Oct 21, 2021 TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale cruise has been cancelled?

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. We've never received an email from X stating it was cancelled and it's still active in our Celebrity account as well as bookable on the X website. Do you by chance know which thread @sandancerposted where the Oct 21, 2021 TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale cruise has been cancelled?

There must be some confusion.  She said she was on Apex, but that it was out of SH.  I may be mistaken.  I'll look for the post.

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It was my mistake.  She was on an Edge that was cancelled, but expressed hope for the Apex.  My apologies to you both!

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

I'm not who you asked but yesterday I posted a link to this document which I found on the Celebrity Commitment website.  

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_Apr-Oct22_Deployment.pdf 1.5 MB · 9 downloads

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_June-July2021_Deployment.pdf 2.63 MB · 5 downloads

I thought it was a bit odd that they'd published dates further into 2022 only for the one ship.  Now it seems perhaps someone messed up by doing so. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm a little disappointed with the 2022 option, I was looking forward to spending some time before the cruise in London.

18 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

We have two cruises booked for Sept/Oct 2021.  16 nights thru the Panama Canal--LA to FLL and 9 nights out of Venice.  I have notified my TA that while I am not ready to cancel either at this point when June/July come along they are not to make final payment without checking with me first.  I expect the PC trip to cancel in the next month or two but the Venice to Rome is a total guessing game.  No way I am going under current terms of masks required and only ship's tours allowed.  I am not anti-mask in anyway but I am not willing to take an expensive vacation trip under those conditions. It would just not be enjoyable for me.

I too have a 10 night out of Venice scheduled for Oct 2021.  I am hoping hat all will be well to cruise  again by then.

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_Apr-Oct22_Deployment.pdf 1.5 MB · 14 downloads

CEL_Wonder_Returns_Summit_June-July2021_Deployment.pdf 2.63 MB · 8 downloads

The documents are coming out little by little.  The changes are difficult in that pier times need to be coordinated with all CLIA members.  Vancouver, Ft Lauderdale and Alaska ports are really difficult.

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop.  We are booked on 15 night Panama canal for Oct 2021, which was a L&S from Oct 2020.  Now I guess we will be looking to L&S to Oct 2022.  Who would have thought that cruising would be impacted for so long??  I believe HAL and Princess have already modified itineraries to ensure less than 7 days up to Nov 2021.  

4 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop.  We are booked on 15 night Panama canal for Oct 2021, which was a L&S from Oct 2020.  Now I guess we will be looking to L&S to Oct 2022.  Who would have thought that cruising would be impacted for so long??  I believe HAL and Princess have already modified itineraries to ensure less than 7 days up to Nov 2021.  

Things change daily on the Celebrity website, so I may have missed a recent amendment to the L&S rules, but I thought that October 2022 was beyond the time frame for L&S.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Things change daily on the Celebrity website, so I may have missed a recent amendment to the L&S rules, but I thought that October 2022 was beyond the time frame for L&S.

It likely is but I figure if they are going to make major changes up to Nov 2021 they will offer L&S.  If not we will just cancel.  

6 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

8 night+ update from RCCL - 11/25/2020, from our ta

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/8nightupdate/

Hal

Thanks for posting this.  Will just have to be patient (not something I am good at lol) and wait for X to make the changes.  I sure would like to book something for late 2021 even if it is only 7 nights. I am hopeful we will have been vaccinated by then.   DH just offered to take me with him thru the car wash for fun lol!