The Daily for Wednesday Dec 9, 2020

richwmn

today is Christmas Card Day, National Pastry Day, and International Anti-Corruption Day

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Meal suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Sausage and White Bean Soup

Drink of the Day - White Christmas Margaritas

Wine of the day - San Felice Brunello di Montalcino Campogiovanni vintage 2012

at Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Statendam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/11
Westerdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/13
Zuiderdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/16

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Puerto Vallarta eta 12/11
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Puerto Vallarta 12/13

Freeport Anchorage
Eurodam

Gibraltar West Anchorage
Noordam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Zaandam

Williemstad
Oosterdam

1209World.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for our fix of the Daily, Rich.  I don't do many cards but will mail mine today.  Pastry is probably not good for diabetics but I do indulge in moderation.   I hope Anti-Corruption day is a good omen for the new team in Baltimore.  Love the quote but will pass on the menu suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Mixed Berry Soup, Grilled Ribeye Steak Spicy Pear Salsa, and Apple Sundae, as enjoyed on MS Prinsendam December 9, 2013.

According to Marine Traffic, Eurodam is actually docked in Freeport, and it looks like it might be far enough back to be in the shipyard.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

Horizon Chaser’s and bennybear’s US Relatives with Covid

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dementia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine DH Recovering from Bypass Surgery

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard baltic17

Occasional posters like Love the Beach

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

A new B2B for SharoninAZ

Maggie Keenan

Welcome, new Baltimore Mayor Scott

Our Governor and others promising to take the vaccine publically

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!

I mailed my Christmas cards a couple of days ago.  I wish anti corruption day was everyday.  Pastry day sounds great, maybe I'll do some baking this afternoon.  It's raining here right now, so a good day to stay in.

I'll pass on the menu suggestion, but I'm interested in the drink of the day.  Looking forward to reading about the wine.

Praying for our world.

Stay safe.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

According to Marine Traffic, Eurodam is actually docked in Freeport, and it looks like it might be far enough back to be in the shipyard.

Comparing the maps from CM + MT to the Google Maps location of the Grand Bahamas Shipyard, Eurodam does appear to be at the shipyard. However, I can find no reference to what is being done,

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Our Christmas cards went out the other day so I guess we celebrated early 😉 Anti-corruption is something that should be enforced every day.

Love the quote and it is ever so true!  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion since there will be too many soups in my future after tomorrow morning 😞 

The drink of the day sounds interesting.  Looking forward to summer’s description.

With the colder weather hitting in the northern areas, our electric/heating bills are going to go up.  If you think yours is too high, this might explain it:

1E8DE5F8-6A07-4CD8-AF9B-396FAB817383.thumb.jpeg.fd98ee384cfe7ca609ed7e542fa4fecc.jpeg

I’m not sure if I will be here tomorrow or not - if so, it will probably be later.  Oral surgery is on Kazu’s plate.  Wish me luck ( and Roy, I don’t need to go on the care list.)  2020 has been quite the year 😞

5D4AB8CB-F7A0-4F0B-B653-0D1DA7D455AB.jpeg.16756d265aee3cdc7669333db382cd38.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!  Stay safe and please don’t forget to wear your masks 😷.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Good morning. 

My cards have been going out a few at a time, will mail the final bunch today.  No pastries today since we indulged with brownies yesterday and I agree with others Anti-corruption day should be everyday. The meal sounds wonderful as it's in the 30's this morning.

White Christmas Margaritas:

Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients

1 (14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
12 oz. silver tequila
8 oz. triple sec
1/4 c. lime juice
4 c. ice
Lime wedge, for rimming glass
Sanding sugar, for rimming glass
Lime slices, for garnish
Cranberries, for garnish

Directions

Combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Rim glasses with lime wedge and dip in sanding sugar. Pour into glass and garnish with lime and cranberries.

Prayers and shoutouts to our lists. And, yes, Kazu you need to be on our list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Eurodam does appear to be at the shipyard.

FYI,  you can change the underlying mapset on Marine Traffic and overlay ships' positions atop satellite imagery.  Eurodam and Carnival Pride are both at GBS.   Scott. 

image.thumb.png.c504843a870dbf33a8fcbf2c39ad5347.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Comparing the maps from CM + MT to the Google Maps location of the Grand Bahamas Shipyard, Eurodam does appear to be at the shipyard. However, I can find no reference to what is being done,

On 11/29/2020 at 4:59 PM, VMax1700 said:

Before the 'shutdown' of cruising, Eurodam was scheduled for a dry dock in Freeport from November 29th until December 8th.  Is she actually heading for the drydock?

From November 29 when Eurodam was on the way to Freeport @VMax1700 (who usually maintains the charter and drydock threads) indicated this is a scheduled drydock  which should be routine inspections and cleaning plus some other possible things.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Typo
  • Like 8

Top of the morning Rich! Thank you for making the Daily the first bright spot of my morning.

Jacqui hoping your oral surgery goes well. Jeez, 2020..

Allen is going to a sleep doctor this morning, seems he keeps pulling off his mask within a few hours of bedtime. Hoping for a different mask or an alternative.

Yesterday we had a 75 degree day. Sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine in our rockers. Today is set to be 80! Sorry to our chilly northern friends..

Roy you are in my prayers. Good morning Ann and Denise, my sweetest sisters ever. Ann hoping you are safe and sound from your romp to the Keys. 

The drink sounds interesting! I just might save that recipe and try it. Thanks summer.

Share your Christmas jokes - General & Product Discussion - Anker Community

Wishing all a great day. Keep your chin up, call a loved one. Blessings. Help is coming!

• Like 13

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! What a combo of days. I will postpone Pastry Day to Saturday when I will make cookies for small get together. I will be mailing my cards today. And sadly, we need to celebrate anti-corruption everyday.

Thanking for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. @Seasick Sailor, Joy- it is not just your Northern neighbors who are experiencing cold, though I hesitate to compare my cold snap to their winter. Hope all are well. Haven’t seen @lindalerpost for quite some time, hope all is well & she is just busy. @kazu, Jacqui good luck with your surgery. I will add you to my list (and it’s a good list).

Love the quote. I will skip the meal, though I had planned to do some chicken sausage tonight. @summer slope, that drink sounds fun! We have another red wine today.

We have entered the season where my cold water is actually cold - so it is officially Winter here! Normally this doesn’t happen until January or February, but it is 2020.  

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

This Tuscan Brunello has excellent ratings and a price starting at $49.99.
I have way too many red wines on my wish list, but this one sounds interesting.

#20 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

Intense ruby red color. Aromas of ripe forest fruits, blackberry conserve and notes of tobacco and leather. Broad, soft, and persistent on the palate, with a spirit-steeped fruit finish.

WS96 Wine Spectator: In a traditional style, showing beefy tannins and savory earth notes, with a core of leather and cherry flavors. Shows some sweetness midpalate and picks up energy on the long finish. Hangs together, ending in an uplifting, resonant manner. Best from 2021 through 2036.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for our fix of the Daily, Rich.  I don't do many cards but will mail mine today.  Pastry is probably not good for diabetics but I do indulge in moderation.   I hope Anti-Corruption day is a good omen for the new team in Baltimore.  Love the quote but will pass on the menu suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Mixed Berry Soup, Grilled Ribeye Steak Spicy Pear Salsa, and Apple Sundae, as enjoyed on MS Prinsendam December 9, 2013.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

Horizon Chaser’s and bennybear’s US Relatives with Covid

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dementia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine DH Recovering from Bypass Surgery

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard baltic17

Occasional posters like Love the Beach

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

A new B2B for SharoninAZ

Maggie Keenan

Welcome, new Baltimore Mayor Scott

Our Governor and others promising to take the vaccine publically

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:

The Chilled Berry soup, the sreak and the Sunday are appealing, though the ice cream sunday is not good for a diabetic.  Thanksfor the prayer list.

• Like 4

So true about the water finally being really cold now!  DH and I had to laugh when I told him your Florida water has turned cold already.   Our son and family have been in Clearwater Beach for over a week now and they are looking forward to a warmer trend.😎

@kazuyou deserve our prayers and good thoughts with your oral surgery tomorrow.  Good luck and we hope you heal quickly and with little pain.

@dfishI read about your oven problems in yesterday's Daily and wish you luck getting that error code to clear up.  Thank goodness for YouTube videos!  My brother was having a problem with a pocket door off the track and didn't know how to fix it without removing drywall.  I found a couple videos on YouTube and sent them to him so that he was able to fix it without damage to the walls.  Hopefully you won't have to buy a new oven.  

My "pet squirrel" turned out to be at least 3 squirrels running up and down our pin oak tree to gather acorns.  My tree lights wound around the trunk were a mess, so I went out there to repair the damage and used a few cable staples to hold the lights securely.   Fingers crossed this won't be a weekly repair.  

• Like 12

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've sent a few Christmas cards out already and will send more in a couple of days.  There shouldn't have to be an Anti-Corruption day . . . right?  I won't tell you about my pastry unless you're good at catching frisbees! 

Had a good day yesterday delivering more things to the Salvation Army collection depot, then picking up groceries on the way home.  In the evening we did a Skype call with our family in Calgary and were able to sing Happy Birthday to our sweet little 1 year old grandson.  The Alberta government has sealed the deal re: Christmas by limiting gatherings to only those living in the household, which is a very good thing, as Covid is spreading terribly.  We'll just bide our time (like millions of others) until it's safe to get together again.

I made the Garlicky Cream Chicken for dinner last night with two slight alterations;  I thought I had Thyme in my spice cupboard, but didn't, so I substituted Rosemary instead.  The grocery store I went to didn't have any fresh Parmesan, so I used extra old white cheddar and some Parmesan in a shaker jar; the results were delicious!  image.jpeg.39b44e5e3b3608f9d8376c5958666e67.jpeg

I'm not a fan of today's menu suggestion, but that's okay, as we have lots of leftovers from last night's dinner to have on our plates this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our glasses tonight to toast all on the celebration list!  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 17

Good Wednesday morning all and thanks Ruch for the daily.  Good group of days to think about and or celebrate.  I was a bit early for pastry day on Sunday and my cards were all in the mail last Friday.  I dislike corruption and hope that anyone who is gets the book thrown at them.  The drink sounds delicious as long as someone else makes it and I get to drink it.  DH and I watched the Koningsdam’s cruise to Norway (for the second time) but this time I took a few pictures and because I see Sabine's name on Roy’s list I will share this with you.  (Not the best iPad pictures for sure) We recognized a lot of the crew as well.  Have a great day everyone.

EB279741-CD17-4999-B29F-31D3DE4815CB.jpeg

6B26D7AE-90C4-41E3-84BF-0AA31A2F3BFE.jpeg

66C0C510-6669-48F3-9064-7BC0499915B5.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich and the gang for the Daily.  I have made a list of menus that interest me so will be trying some new things in the coming weeks.

Just got an email that the state will be sending my little hospital a total of 975 doses of vaccine at the end of next week.  Our frontline workers are beyond excited that "help is on the way"...  We were also urged to limit use of non-sterile nitrile gloves as supplies are dwindling and new ones are in short supply.  Only 22 more days in 2020...

Cheers to all from coastal NC.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1