Always included?

my63gthawk

As a loyal Celebrity cruiser and Elite Member, I already receive Happy Hour unlimited drinks and FREE Wi-Fi.

Now they have raised the prices to include what I have worked hard to earn?

So I am paying extra for Nothing! 

My benefits have not increased.

My fare has not decreased.

We all need to address Celebrity about this loss of benefits and perks.

Princess has a similar pricing plan.

However they offer 2 tiers.

With all inclusive  benefits for more money.

And less benefits for less money.

So much for  being a loyal member.

Time to switch cruise lines?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, my63gthawk said:

As a loyal Celebrity cruiser and Elite Member, I already receive Happy Hour unlimited drinks and FREE Wi-Fi.

Bye

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, my63gthawk said:

Only 90 minutes Internet as Elite and only 2 hours unlimited drinks.

The All Inclusive will mean that Internet and drinks will last much longer.

• Like 3

OP you also get the Gratuities paid. And with the drink/Wi-Fi package, I get a nice wine with dinner and outside the Elite time, and I get Wi-Fi longer.......so I guess I’ll stick around. And by the way, Princess does offer two tiers, which Both of them cost you. 

And by the way, I made a 7N cruise on the Edge in March 2019 for a bit over $1,800 Concierge and now the 7N Apex in Nov 2021 is $1,650 Concierge with the bene’s.

I’m sure you can show us prices have gone up comparing something, but I think this is pretty close to Apples-Apples and it’s cheaper. I realize you don’t get things for free, but your statements seem to miss the point....just a bit.

Den

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There already have been threads on this subject.  I think it matters what matters to you.  As E+ we got plenty of free wi-fi...enough to last two weeks.  Now we pay for it.   The free latte/cappuccino pkg never meant anything to us because we always buy premium bev.  The laundry is still there.  We sail Blu so we've never been to the E breakfast.  Not once.  Clearly some passengers get more out of their loyalty than others, by choice.  We have seen price increases in the cruises we have explored, and we are sampling other lines because of it.  Others have seen bargains.  Awesome.  Each case is different.  As are we.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, my63gthawk said:

Yes, it is time to switch cruise lines if one does not find value (at any level of loyalty) in the new pricing scheme.

bon voyage

• Like 6

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

240 minutes for Elite Plus. Two hours of drinks, free specialty coffees all day, and Bloody Mary and Mimosa at Elite breakfast, at no extra charge is more than enough.

18 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

240 minutes for Elite Plus. Two hours of drinks, free specialty coffees all day, and Bloody Mary and Mimosa at Elite breakfast, at no extra charge is more than enough.

For some it works for others it doesn’t.  Free drinks between 5-7 is too early for us, same for free  Bloody Mary & Mimosa at breakfast we normally eat 2 meals  Brunch around 11 and dinner about 8:30.  240 internet minutes was not sufficient to keep up with business obligations.  So those E+ perks had no value to us.All in all AI works for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mom says said:

I see this is only your second post. If you had bothered to look first, you would have found multiple threads on the same topic. No need to start another. 

I thinks it's snipes like yours that turn many people off forums.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

For some it works for others it doesn’t.  Free drinks between 5-7 is too early for us, same for free  Bloody Mary & Mimosa at breakfast we normally eat 2 meals  Brunch around 11 and dinner about 8:30.  240 internet minutes was not sufficient to keep up with business obligations.  So those E+ perks had no value to us.All in all AI works for us. 

Why should someone pay hundreds of dollars now for things that are of no value to us? We refuse to alter our drinking or internet usage just to try to get the value of the items that we are forced to pay for. Before the perks were paid for by the people that wanted them and the ones that didn't want them paid 0. There's no reason the people who don't want them should subsidize the ones that do.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Why should someone pay hundreds of dollars now for things that are of no value to us? We refuse to alter our drinking or internet usage just to try to get the value of the items that we are forced to pay for. Before the perks were paid for by the people that wanted them and the ones that didn't want them paid 0. There's no reason the people who don't want them should subsidize the ones that do.

And that is why there are many different choices out there for cruising. Celebrity as much as they try to pretend there a "niche market "line they are mass market and need to offer what the broader customer wants.  It might not suit your needs the changes but there are many who it does  Also for New Cruisers this is makes it easier to deal with this type of pricing. Its great there are many choices and lines out there, I look but still end up with Celebrity most of time.   I prefer to have all the options built in and not worry about any of the overall expenses.  I never enjoyed the abundance of slips I got when we had to pay for drinks.  Of course I always look at cost benefit to myself and if it makes sense.  I have not really tried pricing them out lately and seeing the cost PP per day (my ultimate deciding factor and this includes all hotel and air costs for me).  I have my number I like and have followed for years for Concierge/Aqua rooms.  I have never had a bad experience on Celebrity, other lines I have had some moments that made me go Hmm at times.  Its all choice if we dont like what there doing always able to find something that will.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Each to their own.  You have a point, but you don't have to sail the line.  Please visit the other threads which go into much detail, pros and cons.

We must be simple folks, as elite and not snobs, two hours of free booze is sufficient for us and if we want another drink we go to the room and get another. We dont need internet/wi-fi as we are retired have no relatives and worrying about business dealings is now passe...We take plenty of garments and dont need laundry service and a plain jane balcony cabin suits us just fine..We, like the rest of the posters on here will look at celebrity in the future and if the AI is the only option, then we will go back to rccl for our cruise needs...just need to stay healthy to be able to make that choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

I always look at cost benefit to myself and if it makes sense. 

I have never had a bad experience on Celebrity,

We are exactly the same---

However, as I mentioned a few times , we don't drink liquor , seldom use the internet , take part in the silent disco , or Zumba at the pool with Julio --- BUT---  We always have a fantastic time !! 

So, I think I just talked myself into  " reluctantly " accepting the AI ---- and look forward to future cruises.

I have a hard time comparing one happy hour of drinks to unlimited drinks for the entire cruise...I know which one I would rather have.  

I could take or leave the internet.  I've been on many cruises, never have needed or used it.  

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

We are exactly the same---

However, as I mentioned a few times , we don't drink liquor , seldom use the internet , take part in the silent disco , or Zumba at the pool with Julio --- BUT---  We always have a fantastic time !! 

So, I think I just talked myself into  " reluctantly " accepting the AI ---- and look forward to future cruises.

Do you ever get bottled water, CoCola's, or the coffee at the coffee shop?  Those can add up quick...I'm assuming you drink "something" other than the free coffee or watered down lemonade offered at the MDR or the Buffet.  

20 hours ago, marieps said:

There already have been threads on this subject.  I think it matters what matters to you.  As E+ we got plenty of free wi-fi...enough to last two weeks.  Now we pay for it.   The free latte/cappuccino pkg never meant anything to us because we always buy premium bev.  The laundry is still there.  We sail Blu so we've never been to the E breakfast.  Not once.  Clearly some passengers get more out of their loyalty than others, by choice.  We have seen price increases in the cruises we have explored, and we are sampling other lines because of it.  Others have seen bargains.  Awesome.  Each case is different.  As are we.

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Do you ever get bottled water, CoCola's, or the coffee at the coffee shop?  Those can add up quick...I'm assuming you drink "something" other than the free coffee or watered down lemonade offered at the MDR or the Buffet.  

21 hours ago, Denny01 said:

OP you also get the Gratuities paid. And with the drink/Wi-Fi package, I get a nice wine with dinner and outside the Elite time, and I get Wi-Fi longer.......so I guess I’ll stick around. And by the way, Princess does offer two tiers, which Both of them cost you. 

And by the way, I made a 7N cruise on the Edge in March 2019 for a bit over $1,800 Concierge and now the 7N Apex in Nov 2021 is $1,650 Concierge with the bene’s.

I’m sure you can show us prices have gone up comparing something, but I think this is pretty close to Apples-Apples and it’s cheaper. I realize you don’t get things for free, but your statements seem to miss the point....just a bit.

Den

What point am I missing?

Happy Hour from 5-8 is more than enough to drink for me.

I never use up all of my allotted internet minutes.

Gratuities are only about $15 which I gladly pay and additional as well.

But the surcharge is far more than $15 per person per day.

So why should I subsidize your drinking and internet usage?

If you want all inclusive go Azamara!

Or offer a choice of either as does Princess.

Only ONE Princess tier costs more @ $40 for all inclusive.

22 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes of course they will last longer.

But if I don't even use that  much what is the point in paying more?

Just to subsidize others?

Let the ones who use it pay more for the privilege!

20 hours ago, mom says said:

I see this is only your second post. If you had bothered to look first, you would have found multiple threads on the same topic. No need to start another. 

Do you really expect me to go through 5566 pages of posts?

Maybe you have time to sit reading message  boards all day?

Sorry but I do not have unlimited free time on my hands!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marieps said:

I believe you can book after final payment and get an ala carte price.  At least I remember someone on a board saying that.

I also believe that to be true...although less cabin choices more than likely..

5 minutes ago, my63gthawk said:

Do you really expect me to go through 5566 pages of posts?

Maybe you have time to sit reading message  boards all day?

Sorry but I do not have unlimited free time on my hands!

It is just common courtesy to see if a recent thread exists about your exact issue....

It does

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2