When was your last cruise?

We were lucky and squeezed one in on 02/23/20. It was bizarre. We flew into Puerto Rico on 2/22/20 and everything was fine. We heard some rumors of it getting a little dicey on the West Coast, but no real concerns.

While we were out to sea we watched as things kind of exploded. There was a rumor that the other ship that left out of San Juan the same day as us was turned away from a port because a crew member had a flu-like illness. No issues on our cruise, but when we got back to San Juan there was a woman traveling in a full CDC type Hazmat suit. It was like leaving and returning to a whole new world.

• Like 1

We were on Majesty, February 1, 2020 sailing out of NOLA. It was about the 3rd day that we heard reports that the Diamond Princess was under quarantine in Japan. It was a new virus they were worried about, way far away in Japan. :classic_rolleyes: 

Mardi Gras was just starting up in New Orleans when we disembarked. DH came home with a cold and cough that lingered for about a month. And of course Covid cases exploded in NOLA during the festivities. 

It was a fun cruise. I would have appreciated the cruise and ports more, If I had known that it would be the last one one we would be taking for a very long time.  :classic_smile: And that we wouldn't be cruising on Majesty ever again. 

Edited by Coralc

If people don't start taking this seriously and taking the necessary precautions as listed by the CDC, WHO, and all the other experts, the vaccine might not be given fast enough, and everybody might have already taken their last cruise. It's been shutdown for 10 months and at least 3 1/2 months to go.

November 2019 Majesty of the Seas, seems like a lifetime ago. I was so excited to book my first solo cruise end of March 2020, I never followed CC and the news so much and unfortunately cancelled couple weeks before RCL did, so I’ve got airfare and cruise credits. Just got an email from them stating  I’ve got until April 2022 to book cruise that sets sail by September 2022.

February 22, 2020 on the Harmony out of Port Canavoral.  It was a fun trip - not knowing this was going to be our last cruise for quite a while 😫.  There was talk of the virus but no one was too concerned at the time.  Royal Caribbean as well as the passengers were aware and were being cautious.  No matter where we were on the ship, Royal staff were constantly cleaning and reminding pax to wash their hands more frequently.  After disembarking, we went to Orlando for a few more days.  Got home on March 3rd, and the shut down started on March 16th.

March 14th 2020.. it was the 2nd leg of a B2B2B. Found out 2nd last night of first leg, that the 14th would be the last cruise in Australia. It was just a 2 nighter. MELBOURNE TO SYDNEY. The cruise line gave us free internet since our 3rd last leg was cancelled, to organise anything. Plus $100 OBC. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, psternklar said:

Feb 2020 Anthem.  Delayed 2 days due to COVID and ended going to Bermuda.  Originally was to be PC-Nassau-CocoCay.  Half empty as many chose refund.  Was a great cruise, loved Bermuda.

We gave up and flew home when they said it would be 2 more days before sailing.  (It turned out to be only 1 day.). Before that, we were on Freedom in December.  

• Like 1

Our last cruise was a B2B on Celebrity Equinox that began on February 15, 2020. 2 great cruises, but towards the end of the first one,  I came down with what I thought was a very odd cold.  Brought home a cough that lasted for 2 months. 🤔 

Our last cruise on Royal was November 29, 2019 on Serenade.  

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

Our last cruise was March 1st - 8th,  2020 on Oasis. They were implementing procedures at that time to try and combat the covid spread. They had crews in the MDR disinfecting the tables and chairs between seatings. They were seating patrons in the  Windjammer, not just letting folks wander. Masks were not yet a thing. We have had three cancellations since. Hoping our luck changes this June. 

We had one of the very last cruises to sail. We were on the Allure, Mar1-13, Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. We  were sailing along with out any problems until Trump announced new rules coming back to the USA. With that,  pandemonium broke out, with flights being cancelled, and people not knowing anything. We were supposed to fly out of Barcelona to Frankfurt and then to NYC. The second leg was still on but the Barcelona to Frankfurt was cancelled. We really scrambled to rebook and I can't compliment RCCL and the crew enough for doing everything possible to help people in need.

Also, we disembarked in Barcelona on a Friday, our flight home was Sunday, and Saturday they basically closed down the entire country. We couldn't even find a place to get something to eat for dinner. Airport on Sunday was a complete madhouse, but we made it out on time, and home.

Funny thing was, our kids were supposed to pick us up at the airport, but they refused, saying we may be contaminated, so we had to Uber home from NJ.

An experience hopefully never to be repeated. 

Cheers

Len