Points for DIamond

jamscckmc

It has has always been 200 points, since they added this level when they rolled out VIFP.  Though there is not many benefits in addition to the Platinum level, unlike the big jump from gold to platinum.  There has been much speculation that they would raise the points needed to hit platinum and even diamond as the numbers of cruisers at these levels keeps increasing.  Though I think they will hold off on that for awhile until cruising returns to not upset the repeat cruisers, as Carnival may have trouble attracting as many new cruisers in the beginning.

13 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

Hi, it seems like I’ve been Platinum forever and thought I was close to Diamond. I was surprised though to see that you need 200 points to move up to Diamond. Am I imagining it used to be around 170?

Lol I wish. I think I'm at 179 or so, permanently platinum the way I keep getting cancelled. Is anyone else sick and tired of rebooking?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Djptcp said:

200 days to make Diamond - we have been at 180 since last March and definitely would have gotten to 200 in 2020 except for the pandemic. Here's to 2021 and 2022 and reaching Diamond!

Turns out I'm at 180, knew I needed two 7 days and a 6 day to hit diamond. Same as you. 

Not anytime soon for me, just one booked on carnival, rest on rcl. Those double solo pts a big lure.

Making Platinum was super nice and have been enjoying the benefits for awhile now. It sure does seem like a long way to Diamond from there. I have 49 days currently booked over the next 2 years. I’m working on it slowly but surely. Retirement is allowing me to book so much easier now. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

We are sitting at 196 (4 points away) since last January and so many cancelled cruises.   However I have to say that reaching the 25th cruise was a nice perk of each getting 25% on board credit 

For my 25th I also got invited to meet the captain, and was a very nice party with high end food. Lots of crew also there. It was my carnival miracle to alaska cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, firefly333 said:

For my 25th I also got invited to meet the captain, and was a very nice party with high end food. Lots of crew also there. It was my carnival miracle to alaska cruise.

Ours was to Alaska as well, figured if we were going to get 25% OBC it might as well be an expensive cruise, paid for all our shore excursions

• Thanks 1

I will reach platinum on my next cruise, which was originally scheduled for last April, then September, then January.  Anyway, I am excited about eventually getting the platinum benefits.  No more stalking FTTF or doing my own laundry.  We pack light, so the free laundry will be a nice perk.  It will take many years for us to reach diamond.

Yeah, no man's land (Platnium 100-175 Days). Is SUCH.Along time.

Had B2B2B booked March last year. Was going Diamond on last cruise. Did the first 2 cruised, then on 2nd last night. We where told 3rd cruise last not going ahead. Carnival gave us free internet & beverages for the last 2 days, so we could arrange being cut short.

The bad thing was not going Diamond as there is under a handful, under the age of 50 here in Australia.

Till we cruise again.

Will never come close.  Sitting at 122 nights and 18 cruises.  Pissed that my first two cruises in 86 and 91 are not in the system and only an embarkation photo or cc statement can be used to verify.  25th milestone might be reached, but those extra 2 would have come in handy.

Took the blinders off years ago and we enjoy all the different variations that other cruise lines offer.  Those that are myopic with their cruise line choice miss out.  That's why they make vanilla and chocolate, sticking with 1 flavor can become boring and monotonous.