New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

We dont know if I had it. Exposed but never got really sick. My mom says maybe maybe not.

Maybe when I was a child things were different. I did get real sick from scarlet fever. You never hear of that any more? Wonder why. My dad had rheumatic fever the cause of his heart issues. Seems that's no longer common either. 

Scarlet fever is nothing more than a strep infection where the bacteria produces a substance called erythrogenic toxin which is the substance that causes the rash. It is treated like any other strep infection.

Rheumatic fever is much less common because we now have antibiotics to treat the strep infections that have the potential to cause the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, tosteve1 said:

NC schools will be back to full time school in the next few weeks. Teachers have been eligible for vaccines since February 24 and there is zero evidence that schools or children are significant sources of transmission. 

Hey thanks been saying this for about 8-10 months.  Kids have been back full time in my area since August (except Cincinnati public - teacher union BS)

PS - got my first shot today - someone canceled and they called me.  Feel guilty as I am younger than eligible groups right now but whatever!!! 

Edited by TheMastodon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TheMastodon said:

Hey thanks been saying this for about 8-10 months.  Kids have been back full time in my area since August (except Cincinnati public - teacher union BS)

PS - got my first shot today - someone canceled and they called me.  Feel guilty as I am younger than eligible groups right now but whatever!!! 

No need to feel guilty, the only time to feel guilty is if doses are being trashed.

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just great! 🤢 I need to schedule my first Shingrex vaccine since I’ve never had it before. After reading your comment and others I am absolutely dreading it. Why does it hurt so much? 💉

Just as the Covid vaccine, Shingrex is an intramuscular injection administered in the Deltoid muscle. Relax your arm as best you can for a better outcome as far as it being painful. Also....every once in a while, during the day, exercise your arm but don't over do it.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Do you have school age kids? You seem to have a very strange desire for kids to be vaccinated and also, you seem to have zero clue as to why teachers are not returning to school. Let me tell you, it is NOTHING to do with feeling unsafe. 

Don't children who are asymptomatic transmit the virus to others such as their families and their teachers? My concern stems from the possibility that un-vaccinated kids may be allowed to sail on cruise ships with vaccinated adults.

Edited by coffeebean

13 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I am still wondering why kids are not chosen for vaccination. Its one of those reasons why I dont trust all this vaccination thing. There is something they hide from us and the sooner we learn about it the better 

The vaccine manufacturers currently have children in trials.

3 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I have a friend who developed dementia immediately following the shingles vaccine.  She was sharp as a tack before that vaccine.  Be careful.

I just read that untreated symptoms of shingles can cause dementia. Nothing about the actual vaccine causing dementia.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree completely. Texas is open for anyone over 50; in a couple weeks it will be anyone at all. We are getting nearly a million doses a week now. 

I'm so jealous that you guys are open down there while my Province is being warned of a terrible third wave and to except more mass lockdowns in April......who has it wrong....or to be more positive.....who has it right???

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I'm so jealous that you guys are open down there while my Province is being warned of a terrible third wave and to except more mass lockdowns in April......who has it wrong....or to be more positive.....who has it right???

Time will tell, but I can say the Covid admissions at the 3 hospitals at which I am on staff, have been pretty quiet for several weeks now. (virtually knocking on wood)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Yea lockdowns don’t work.  Make your voice be heard!  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Yea lockdowns don’t work.  Make your voice be heard!  

They do work, the data supports this. But when there are zealots determined to undermine lockdowns they are less effective. Same with mask wearing.

More than half a million dead in 12 months suggests the anti mask, anti lockdown, it will go away naturally crowd got it terribly wrong.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

They do work, the data supports this. But when there are zealots determined to undermine lockdowns they are less effective. Same with mask wearing.

More than half a million dead in 12 months suggests the anti mask, anti lockdown, it will go away naturally crowd got it terribly wrong.

Show me please - I enjoy data.  Also - most masks don't work for this purpose.  N95 is a diff story.  

Hey, you need to get Justin to get the vaccines going.  What is going on up there?   I always hear about magical Canadian healthcare.  We are doing our part for the ole herd immunity.   You want us to send you some vaccines?  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

IMG_2916.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Show me please - I enjoy data.  Also - most masks don't work for this purpose.  N95 is a diff story.  

Hey, you need to get Justin to get the vaccines going.  What is going on up there?   I always hear about magical Canadian healthcare.  We are doing our part for the ole herd immunity.   You want us to send you some vaccines?  

What an embarrassment he's been on the vaccine front.....and many more fronts.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Deaths per million population, Canada 591, USA 1,644.

Thanks for the offer neighbor, but when we actually needed it manufacturers were not allowed to ship vaccine from the US.

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Don't children who are asymptomatic transmit the virus to others such as their families and their teachers? My concern stems from the possibility that un-vaccinated kids may be allowed to sail on cruise ships with vaccinated adults.

But if the adults are vaccinated, what does it matter if the kids (or anyone else for that matter) transmit it or not? Otherwise, what is the point of getting yourself vaccinated? 

There is never going to be a time where every single human in the entire world is going to be vaccinated. So if you are scared of someone transmitting the virus to you even though you have been vaccinated, you might as well never leave your house. 

Edited by Hammergirl
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

But if the adults are vaccinated, what does it matter if the kids (or anyone else for that matter) transmit it or not? Otherwise, what is the point of getting yourself vaccinated? 

There is never going to be a time where every single human in the entire world is going to be vaccinated. So if you are scared of someone transmitting the virus to you even though you have been vaccinated, you might as well never leave your house. 

Truth

4 hours ago, broberts said:

Deaths per million population, Canada 591, USA 1,644.

Thanks for the offer neighbor, but when we actually needed it manufacturers were not allowed to ship vaccine from the US.

As much as simple explanations are politically appealing, don’t you think there might be some other differences between the US and Canada that might explain the different results? Differences in populations? racial makeup? Risk factor prevalence? Ease of access to healthcare? When I trained in Canada we learned that everything had worse outcomes in the US!  Heart disease, neonatal death rates, diabetes, you name it! Right now, though.we prefer to keep things simple and on message.
Also, if lockdowns work, why are Covid per capita incidence and death rates virtually identical in California and Florida which took completely different approaches? 

Follow the science!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1