New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

NC schools will be back to full time school in the next few weeks. Teachers have been eligible for vaccines since February 24 and there is zero evidence that schools or children are significant sources of transmission. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Our schools in Florida have been open all year WITHOUT issues. Teachers came back to work. 

Florida has been open since June. We are doing fine. 

This can't be true.  I just heard on the news that Florida's policies are irresponsible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I felt like I was hit with a sledge hammer in the shoulder where I got the 2nd Shingles (Shingrex) vaccine. 

Just great! 🤢 I need to schedule my first Shingrex vaccine since I’ve never had it before. After reading your comment and others I am absolutely dreading it. Why does it hurt so much? 💉

Edited by ReneeFLL

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just great! 🤢 I need to schedule my first Shingrex vaccine since I’ve never had it before. After reading your comment and others I am absolutely dreading it. Why does it hurt so much? 💉

That’s a great question. I wish I knew the answer. It was mostly the 2nd day. Arm was sore for a few days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I would imagine their stance on returning to work would change if all involved were mandated to be vaccinated for in person learning. That is a big "if" though.

Do you have school age kids? You seem to have a very strange desire for kids to be vaccinated and also, you seem to have zero clue as to why teachers are not returning to school. Let me tell you, it is NOTHING to do with feeling unsafe. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

Do you have school age kids? You seem to have a very strange desire for kids to be vaccinated and also, you seem to have zero clue as to why teachers are not returning to school. Let me tell you, it is NOTHING to do with feeling unsafe. 

Then what is it?

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

I am still wondering why kids are not chosen for vaccination. Its one of those reasons why I dont trust all this vaccination thing. There is something they hide from us and the sooner we learn about it the better 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Have you tried the website and use your zip code

www.vaccinateca.com

Hope this works for you.

Sorry my link doesn't work but google or input it.

Thanks. I've pretty much signed up with everyone and their notification lists, but we still don't quite meet the age, ill health or special interest qualifications to get vaccinated yet. I am really trying to be patient when I see those in line ups at the vaccination sites on TV. :classic_rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks. I've pretty much signed up with everyone and their notification lists, but we still don't quite meet the age, ill health or special interest qualifications to get vaccinated yet. I am really trying to be patient when I see those in line ups at the vaccination sites on TV. :classic_rolleyes:

Glad to hear you're trying... Availability will hopefully be on your side soon. Best of luck to you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you have never had chicken pox then you won’t get shingles, you’d get chicken pox first so you should be getting the chicken pox vaccine. 

I would have your Dr order an antibody test to find out whether in fact you have been exposed to chicken pox in the past.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-you-get-shingles-if-you-havent-had-chickenpox/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I would imagine their stance on returning to work would change if all involved were mandated to be vaccinated for in person learning. That is a big "if" though.

Depending on the teacher's union they are asking for things like universal health care, defunding police, all children vaccinated etc.  to return to work.  I would imagine a better approach would be to let the money follow the student and open more private schools which have been open since the fall while decreasing the pay for teachers not returning to work.  All our schools have been open since last fall with no problems so it can be done even before children can be vaccinated.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I am still wondering why kids are not chosen for vaccination. Its one of those reasons why I dont trust all this vaccination thing. There is something they hide from us and the sooner we learn about it the better 

Mainly because as yet there have been insufficient clinical trials on children,  although teenagers are now testing vaccines in the UK, and I assume elsewhere in the world.

Last week you wrote that you couldn't wait to  be vaccinated - you do tend to change your mind a lot!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Who is "they"?

7 hours ago, Roger88 said:

There is nothing to hide or wonder about. Kids immune responses change rapidly as they age and their responses are different than in adults. Since kids are typically not at high risk for severe illness, vaccine trials for adults were the priority. Just like those 65/70/75+ were a priority since they are at highest risk of severe illness, kids are at the bottom of that list. A vaccine for an adult isn't inherently safe or appropriate for a child. Pzifer and Moderna plan to have more info by June for those above age 12. Those below age 12 followed by infants and newborns will come next. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have never had chicken pox then you won’t get shingles, you’d get chicken pox first so you should be getting the chicken pox vaccine. 

I would have your Dr order an antibody test to find out whether in fact you have been exposed to chicken pox in the past.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-you-get-shingles-if-you-havent-had-chickenpox/

We dont know if I had it. Exposed but never got really sick. My mom says maybe maybe not.

Maybe when I was a child things were different. I did get real sick from scarlet fever. You never hear of that any more? Wonder why. My dad had rheumatic fever the cause of his heart issues. Seems that's no longer common either. 

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

There's nothing to wonder about. It's the normal path of research, not some conspiracy theory. Just we're one year into development of a vaccine that otherwise would take several years (due to the need to do much more intensive testing, including kids)

14 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Huge "if" considering some of the big unions demanded getting vaccinated before returning to school, then got vaccinated, then again said they aren't returning to school.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have a friend who developed dementia immediately following the shingles vaccine.  She was sharp as a tack before that vaccine.  Be careful.

• Like 1