New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

19 hours ago, broberts said:

Deaths per million population, Canada 591, USA 1,644.

Thanks for the offer neighbor, but when we actually needed it manufacturers were not allowed to ship vaccine from the US.

Im sure you’ll find some !

Hey tell Justin I’m mad about him canceling my airline tickets for a SEPTEMBER golf trip. 

Edit - again please provide data about lockdowns.  Congratulations that Canada has a significantly lower death per million but that doesn’t tell me anything.  

Edited by TheMastodon
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have a feeling that as soon as they can find a government located in the caribbean (outside of the US) that would allow them to set sail in the caribbean...and if the US is still at the 'no' stage.. it'll be offered. Watch.  

Especially since we're already being teased with "the next pandemic". In "the new normal" I don't believe anything will be off the table. And what a way for some of those Caribbean Islands to bolster their economies. By bolster I mean rebuild. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We also never thought there would still be no cruising one year later......

I agree - at some point the cruise lines will have to make a decision - sink or swim.  Right now with vaccines, I don't think they will be forced into a position to pull ships from US ports, but nothing about this pandemic or what is happening in the US surprises me anymore - so never say never.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

My entire family has been vaccinated. I am still in doubt. My wife is against it and my son is kinda sceptical about it as well. We will need to wait and see how it all goes 

Skeptical about cruising or something else?

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So, with my Starbucks this morning, I was reminded of a quote from Ben Franklin. Some say the real father of our country. M8

EAD7C0DC-285F-4DC9-A92C-5217AD65B7FE.jpeg

A very wise man. Which makes me wonder why so many americans ignore the advice and follow an anonymous web presence identified by a single letter and have become rabidly anti rational.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, broberts said:

A very wise man. Which makes me wonder why so many americans ignore the advice and follow an anonymous web presence identified by a single letter and have become rabidly anti rational.

I have no idea what web presence identified as a single letter is.  As for the quote, I concur with Dr. Franklin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, broberts said:

Lol very true! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So, with my Starbucks this morning, I was reminded of a quote from Ben Franklin. Some say the real father of our country. M8

EAD7C0DC-285F-4DC9-A92C-5217AD65B7FE.jpeg

I can't help think of the irony that wolves needed Federal Protection (Federal overreach???) to prevent extinction while sheep did not.

Go figure! 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

They totally work. Really though, who wants house arrest to stop spreading germs? You can hammer in a screw too, but doesn’t mean it’s the best way of doing things. How many people are out of work or have degraded mental health due to the lockdowns?

My point is that in some countries they do work, with excellent outcomes for community transmission.

Australians like me are proud of how hard we have worked on reduction of community transmission. It is irritating to hear consistently from some members on this forum that proven health measures ‘don’t work’ to reduce community transmission. Yes of course it hasn’t been easy, but results speak for themselves.

I am also weary of reading sweeping generalisations on this forum, people will literally say ‘the tv doctor said’, I ‘heard’ etc etc without ever checking the facts because that rhetoric suits their opinion. 

It doesn’t ever hurt to think before you speak!

Edited by Missusdubbya
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lockdown vs open the country.  

this topic appears to generate the most nasty comments and really it’s not necessary.  Everyone has the right to their opinion.   We have had good and bad guidance here in the USA since the beginning of COVID.   Those with hypocritical opinions and guidance are still telling us what we should do. 

Some people have had enough and some people are happy to keep locked down.  Being nasty about it because it conflicts with your opinion is just silly. 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:02 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Just great! 🤢 I need to schedule my first Shingrex vaccine since I’ve never had it before. After reading your comment and others I am absolutely dreading it. Why does it hurt so much? 💉

My shingles vaccine and aftermath was just mildly uncomfortable.  No reason to dread it just because someone else had a negative experience.

Our Phizer shots were totally painless, and no side effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

https://www.axios.com/fauci-cdc-social-distance-4441a501-a83c-4131-a224-f91b9203ebe1.html

ah there goes 6’ of distancing

im sure 3’ is the right number tho!

Just thinking about how a 3' distancing will impact us. Seating in movie theaters, sports arenas, concerts and any venue that seats large amounts of people will not be able to utilize all the seating. With a 3' distancing, every other seat will probably need to be blocked off. On a cruise ship, the loungers at the pool will be able to be placed with enough room to walk between the loungers. 

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have a feeling that as soon as they can find a government located in the caribbean (outside of the US) that would allow them to set sail in the caribbean...and if the US is still at the 'no' stage.. it'll be offered. Watch.  

Then all that will be required is airlines scheduling flights from all over the United States for people, many of whom don’t have passports, to travel to small airports without the infrastructure to manage the hordes of supposedly vaccinated people who just cannot wait to cruise.   Hahahahaha.... and I’m barely scratching the surface of why this won’t happen.

20 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Then all that will be required is airlines scheduling flights from all over the United States for people, many of whom don’t have passports, to travel to small airports without the infrastructure to manage the hordes of supposedly vaccinated people who just cannot wait to cruise.   Hahahahaha.... and I’m barely scratching the surface of why this won’t happen.

Look all I'm saying is that it is very doable. Will they have the same volume has every port in florida... hell no. But they just moved cruises from one spot to another (see Israel) because they got the go ahread. And SWA flys all over the Caribbean. Aruba, St.Marten, and many other spots have airports that can handle large commercial jets. RCL is waitng on a greenlight. Whenever they get it, they'll go and book cruises... hell they're booking them now and not even going yet! 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I can't help think of the irony that wolves needed Federal Protection (Federal overreach???) to prevent extinction while sheep did not.

Go figure! 😄

You know many ranchers breeding wolves or shooting sheep?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

On a cruise ship, the loungers at the pool will be able to be placed with enough room to walk between the loungers. 

Which is good first thing in the morning until guests start to chase the sun. If they aren’t bolted down they will be moved within hours of sunrise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1