Will Carnival Follow Royal’s.Lead with Cruises Restarting Someplace Else

Oldsweets

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

All you need is a birth certificate with a seal, two pictures, a filled out form and your payment. All can be done on your own time and no need to take off from work.

I thought you had to go the passport office and apply in person?

13 hours ago, bitemyfly said:

The vaccination cards that both my wife and received have the bar code/ uni code , date , time  and lot number of the Pfizer vaccine , two entries. I assume those were traceable back . Not clue if all locations in Florida do that .

A friend of mine just was vaccinated yesterday here in Texas.  No bar code.  Just a small card with a sticker that states Moderna Lot # with a hand written date.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

You can get all the documents you need to fill out online. You can take a picture at walgreens to bring with you. You just go to the post office with your documents and payment, which a lot of them you can schedule an appointment online for. 

https://tools.usps.com/rcas.htm

I got one about a year ago in Houston, I got there at 11:25 for my 11:30 appointment and was out by 11:35. 

53 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

No need to take off from work since the application can be done in person at various post offices near where you live.  I just went on the govt web site and within a 10 mile radius there were 7 post offices and 3 county stores that accepted the application.  At the end of ten years, renewals can be done by mail.

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you can do it at the post office, then you certainly don't have to take time off from work, which was the gist of my original post.

Depends where you live. Good luck getting an appointment where I live within 50 miles. Booked solid. The only appointments that are available, when they come up, are a long distances away and always in the middle of the work day M-F. Plus they only allow 2 months at a time to schedule. Might not require a whole day off but certainly some "time off work" to be sure. It sure could be a lot more convenient than it is.     

21 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It sure could be a lot more convenient than it is.     

Within 10 miles, I have 3 "county stores" that accept applications.  When I got my first passport back in 2002 because of an Italy trip I did not need an appointment.  The most difficult thing was needing a birth certificate with an actual seal, not a copy which I had gotten from my Mom.

All cruise lines kinda gave the finger to the us government,  By playing games. On not paying crew normal wage, or benefits as workers. Not paying income taxes, or Corp tax as.  Only the power the US government is allowing ship to port in the US.

The US government is not going to do back flips for the cruise lines.

Airlines pays there workers a good wage. Workers pay income tax, Corp pays Corp tax .  Airline workers live in the US. Pay local taxes. Shop in local stores. Ect.  So it’s important to keep airlines flying 

5 hours ago, asalligo said:

Interesting how those cruises from the Bahamas on RC are not selling quickly.

I thought they were selling pretty well but, for me, the hesitation is the potential mask rules. I don't believe those are clear yet. I won't book a cruise until I know there will be no mask mandate on the ship. I should be able to get my vaccine of choice by the time I am able to cruise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Within 10 miles, I have 3 "county stores" that accept applications.  When I got my first passport back in 2002 because of an Italy trip I did not need an appointment.  The most difficult thing was needing a birth certificate with an actual seal, not a copy which I had gotten from my Mom.

My DW had the same problem with getting a passport. I think he Mother threw away the real one with a seal and gave her the one from the hospital that has no seal so is not accepted. She had to apply for a new copy.

23 minutes ago, jakeT said:

Airlines pays there workers a good wage. Workers pay income tax, Corp pays Corp tax .  Airline workers live in the US. Pay local taxes. Shop in local stores. Ect.  So it’s important to keep airlines flying 

Has nothing to do with airlines being under US rule versus cruise lines flying other flags.  Air lines are needed for corporate travel, whereas cruise lines are not since it's leisure travel.

56 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Don’t get your hopes up that Carnival will follow other cruise lines in choosing alternate home ports outside the purview of CDC, even temporarily, in the foreseeable future.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24641-no-plans-for-carnival-cruise-line-to-move-ships-from-u-s-homeports.html

Par for the course.  Royal is going to have summer cruises out of Nassau and Bermuda requiring adults to be vaccinated.   NCL has announced the shifting of the itineraries of 5 different ships in anticipation of an announcement regarding a July start up with new Caribbean embarkation ports, assuming of course with vaccinated adults on board.

Meanwhile Carnival acts like the salmon swimming upstream, maintaining their status out of the US only and having their CEO state that vaccines would probably not be needed when cruising resumes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

Don’t get your hopes up that Carnival will follow other cruise lines in choosing alternate home ports outside the purview of CDC, even temporarily, in the foreseeable future.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24641-no-plans-for-carnival-cruise-line-to-move-ships-from-u-s-homeports.html

I saw earlier on the june cancellation thread carnival said they dont plan on following the other cruiselines from other ports. It was in the letter addressed to those who are booked for june.

On the other hand from the replies here, I dont get the idea it was a saleable idea for carnival. People here didnt seem in favor of it. So a good thing. 

Carnival (the cruise line) may not be sailing from outside the US, but other Carnival (Corporation) brands are. Royal Caribbean Group doesn't have as many brands, so Royal Caribbean Cruise Line as to cover areas served by Costa, AIDA, P&O, etc.

If this drags on past November 1, I suspect Carnival will change its tune very quickly - or at least get other Princess and Holland America ships sailing again - out of the Bahamas, Caribbean, and perhaps even Ensenada or Puerto Vallarta.

21 hours ago, dallasdan said:

For children, you have to apply at your county courthouse with both parents present (or substitute with 1 parent and some notarized documents, I think).

For adults, you can apply at many post offices.  Make an appointment and you'll get in and out in a very short time.

Edited by gtalum

22 hours ago, dallasdan said:

We got ours at the County Clerk's office, no appointment necessary. We could also have gone to the Post Office; I'm not sure if an appointment would be necessary or not, but I think it is.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, jakeT said:

All cruise lines kinda gave the finger to the us government,  By playing games. On not paying crew normal wage, or benefits as workers. Not paying income taxes, or Corp tax as.  Only the power the US government is allowing ship to port in the US.

The US government is not going to do back flips for the cruise lines.

You’re not wrong, but you’re forgetting that it’s also the local American ports losing millions..  

On 3/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, gtalum said:

For children, you have to apply at your county courthouse with both parents present (or substitute with 1 parent and some notarized documents, I think).

For adults, you can apply at many post offices.  Make an appointment and you'll get in and out in a very short time.

Not all county courthouses process passports.  I work at one & mine hasn’t in years.  Please call yours before to confirm.

1 hour ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Not all county courthouses process passports.  I work at one & mine hasn’t in years.  Please call yours before to confirm.

Fair enough.  Here in FL the county Clerk of Court processes passport applications.  I'm fairly certain every county here does.

At any rate, the us state department website will show you all of the closest locations to apply in person.

13 minutes ago, gtalum said:

Fair enough.  Here in FL the county Clerk of Court processes passport applications.  I'm fairly certain every county here does.

At any rate, the us state department website will show you all of the closest locations to apply in person.

In my county in NY State, it is also the County Clerk's office that takes care of passport requests and renewals (as well as you can apply at the Post Office.)

5 hours ago, Theosprey247 said:

Also that was for a renewal of expired passports not brand new ones. But I don’t recall both of us being there when we got their 1st ones. 

My daughter just needed her ex to fill out, and have notarized, his portion in order for her to be able to apply for their son's passport.

Edited by Etta1213