Use your voice to tell Congress to urge the Biden Administration to lift the Conditional Sailing Order

4hunters

Done. I need to be sending it to other states though. I don’t think it’s an issue here. We have vaccines available to everyone 16+ unlike some states.

Whatever happens the days of the CDC stealing my vacations are over. I’ll be in Cancun in two weeks and they’ll get my business for all future canceled cruises.

I’m ready to cruise today!

E9DCC138-85E3-4A4C-8041-F440372C5FE4.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Done. I need to be sending it to other states though. I don’t think it’s an issue here. We have vaccines available to everyone 16+ unlike some states.

It's easy to say the vaccines are available to everyone. The trick is to actually get the people vaccinated, not to make them eligible to be vaccinated.

Assuming you're in Texas based on your Galveston map, Texas is only 45th out of the states in percentage of people with at least one dose of the vaccine. They aren't doing too bad at the case rate though, middle of the pack. It seems the cold weather states where spring hasn't really arrived yet are doing worse. Arkansas, California, Hawaii, and Arizona, warm weather states, are doing the best in case rate.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

3 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It's easy to say the vaccines are available to everyone. The trick is to actually get the people vaccinated, not to make them eligible to be vaccinated.

Assuming you're in Texas based on your Galveston map, Texas is only 45th out of the states in percentage of people with at least one dose of the vaccine. They aren't doing too bad at the case rate though, middle of the pack. It seems the cold weather states where spring hasn't really arrived yet are doing worse. Arkansas, California, Hawaii, and Arizona, warm weather states, are doing the best in case rate.

Exactly, Texas is 48th per this:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

I urged our Florida Senators and local Congressional reps to press for a phased resumption of cruising from our Florida ports. 

That would be for only vaxxed cruisers with masks and 1/2 capacity in the beginning to demonstrate its level of safety, followed by an intelligent phase out of these restrictions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Did I miss something or did our Professional Congress Representatives start to actually "Listen" to the people who put them in office. 

It will be Very Interesting to see if ANY Congress person or Senator makes a statement regarding the CDC and return to cruising.  Not much hope that my Massachusetts will be the ones. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Exactly. I'm in Texas as well, and it's not really a good thing that they are able to roll the vaccine out to every adult so soon -- it's more disturbing, because it's due to the fact that so many are unwilling to get it. Just in talking to everyone from my dog's groomer to the receptionist where I get massages to the checker at the grocery store, it's not just a no but an emphatic "HELL NO." You know, because of the DNA-changing and the implanted chip that's activated by the 5G and all... 🙄 

They need to just make vaccines mandatory to cruise, and get the rest of us sane people sailing again. And I submitted the CLIA plea to my representatives as well -- thank you OP for the link!

• Like 4

On 3/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

You want to force people to get vaccinated? It's available for those who want it. Everyone over the age of 16 who wants it.  If I lived in New York or California I wouldn't even have the opportunity to be vaccinated yet. I don't care if you don't want to get it. All I care is that we both have the opportunity to get it. You're never going to get everyone to comply with vaccinations. The military can't even do it. I remember people willing to get kicked out of the military over the anthrax vaccine. There are going to be people who don't want this one. And there are going to be people who don't think they need it...especially those who live in rural parts of the state.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3