Coffee Card

Cruiser-66

Or if you booked using the plus fare then as part of the plus fare unlimited brewed & specialty coffee beverages are included.

In 2019 the Premier Coffee & Soda Package cost $23.59/pp/day. In the past there was a coffee package that included unlimited brewed coffee plus 15 specialty coffee drinks. I can't locate the current cost, but believe it was $31.58 ($31 + 18%). If you are only interested in brewed coffee and you are on a Royal Class ship then suggest you try the coffee in the buffet first before purchasing a package. Royal Class ships have coffee prepared from grounds and it's fairly decent.

Edited by skynight

13 minutes ago, knutsonl said:

What does the coffee package cost?  I only want brewed coffee not the fancy drinks.

New Grounds Coffee Package

Sip your favorite espresso-based beverage or tea with the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

View New Grounds Coffee Package terms & conditions. Available for purchase for booked guests in Cruise Personalizer or on board.

13 minutes ago, knutsonl said:

What does the coffee package cost?  I only want brewed coffee not the fancy drinks.

The brewed and fancy coffee drinks go together. If you have a drink package you automatically have the coffee package as well

My situation is that my husband doesn't drink coffee or alcohol.  I believe if I purchase a package he also needs to purchase one.  That's a lot of money to spend when only used by myself.  I used to be able to just buy a coffee card and I was set for the cruise.  Just wondering what my options are?  I'm Platinum so I already get free WIFI.  Don't think the Princess Plus would benefit me.  Can anyone enlighten me?

You can still purchase the same coffee card as you used to - it just is not a physical card anymore.  It will be assigned to one of your medallions.   Only one person needs to purchase it.  We do this all the time.  My wife likes to drink tea, so she gets the teas for free, and we share the 15 specialty drinks. I don't like coffee, but I do like the frozen coffee mocha blended specialty drinks.  There are some nice chilled fruit flavoured drinks that are part of the specialty beverages, and they go down real nice after a hot day out in the Caribbean sun.

Don

• Like 3

1 hour ago, knutsonl said:

What is the cost of the new card with 15 specialty drinks?

46 minutes ago, waltd said:

I'm no longer seeing it listed on the Princess Website.  I see a coffee and soda package.   Hopefully someone else can find it.

It shows available for our Fall 2021 cruise: Onboard Services; Beverage Packages

9753E284-ECB5-4A5B-8876-82FE4875512F.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, knutsonl said:

What do you have to purchase to get fresh brewed coffee in International Cafe?  I miss the old coffee cards!

If sailing on a Royal-Class ship in the buffet & dining rooms they have free filtered coffee made from ground coffee.

2999331F-EFA1-4C03-ABC7-9E5961B054E3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 1:50 AM, waltd said:

Thanks Frank.    I looked for our December 2021 cruise and it didn't come up.   Must be user error.  lol

Hi I also have a cruise booked for next year and I didn't see the coffee card in the list of options to choose from on the cruise personalizer. Perhaps you can get in onboard?

3 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hi I also have a cruise booked for next year and I didn't see the coffee card in the list of options to choose from on the cruise personalizer. Perhaps you can get in onboard?

Yes, on the first day. It's no longer a card. It is just on your account when your medallion is scanned.

6 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

There's usually a display w/an attendant waiting to sell you a coffee "card" (now called a package) at one of the entrances to the buffet. You are also able to buy it (I think) at the International Cafe coffee bar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There's usually a display w/an attendant waiting to sell you a coffee "card" (now called a package) at one of the entrances to the buffet. You are also able to buy it (I think) at the International Cafe coffee bar.

With so many now booking with Princess Plus fares that include the beverage package I wonder how aggressive they will be in selling the coffee "card" in the future. But as you say, it will be available at any bar, at least the ones that do have coffee.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, Astro Flyer said:

If sailing on a Royal-Class ship in the buffet & dining rooms they have free filtered coffee made from ground coffee.

2999331F-EFA1-4C03-ABC7-9E5961B054E3.jpeg

We were on the Regal in March 2020, last sailing before suspension, and found this coffee to be acceptable. I wonder if the grand class of ships have been refurbished with these coffee makers. Anybody know?