Many further NCL cancellations

ziggyuk

Just got a letter notifying these further cancellations which include my Sun September Alaska Cruise.

we must unfortunately cancel the below voyages:
· Pride of America and Norwegian Bliss with embarkation dates through and including July 31, 2021
· Norwegian Getaway with embarkation dates through and including September 2, 2021
· Norwegian Dawn, Spirit and Star with embarkation dates through and including September 30, 2021
· Norwegian Sun with embarkation dates through and including October 7, 2021
· Norwegian Escape with embarkation dates through and including October 10, 2021
· Norwegian Breakaway with embarkation dates through and including October 17, 2021
· Norwegian Gem with embarkation dates from October 29 through and including November 17, 2021

• Like 1

Unfortunately, without some cooperation by the Canadian Gov't, Alaska cruises won't happen.  July was probably going to be a difficult date to meet.

The rest of those cancellations; I'm not sure where they're originating from or where they were headed.  That may have a lot to do with their cancellations, though.

3 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Europe is still experiencing so many Covid uncertainties, up and down, vaccinations still far behind, travel between countries,  I've got my doubts about them sailing.  

The EU is allowing fully vaccinated Americans there this summer, as long as the cruises meet the same requirement, these ships should sail.  The only thing that would stop it would be if what is happening in India somehow spread through the EU (But I think India is different in that it has a much more dense population).  

12 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Europe is still experiencing so many Covid uncertainties, up and down, vaccinations still far behind, travel between countries,  I've got my doubts about them sailing.  

I have to correct that to the EU not Europe as certainly in the UK we are doing pretty well.

@RD64 in a way, I agree with you, it would be easier if the US govt. would waive the regulations of the PVSA. However, that won't happen and it would have an impact on Canada as well.  

Our business community, as well as US business community,  is urging Canada to loosen the restrictions at our borders but without a better vaccine roll out and our 3rd waive being so bad, it's unlikely to happen. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

5 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Graphic Guy why are people still blaming Canada? It does not appear that your American government is in any rush to solve American bureaucratic problems.

I have gotten to the point where I have to agree with this.  The CSO won't be lifted, and no ships are sailing out of the USA before Nov 1st.  And to be honest, it is getting to the point that a lot of cruisers don't care.  There are other options.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Every single month, it's like groundhog day all over again... Isn't it great of the CDC to "allow" vaccinated Americans to go outside without a mask on?... 

That would be so horrible and outrageous-if any part of your statement was based on factual reality. But its not-so Boo-Hoo. Cowboy-Up!

Edited by Stallion

12 minutes ago, Stallion said:

That would be so horrible and outrageous-if any part of your statement was based on factual reality. But its not-so Boo-Hoo. Cowboy-Up!

I'm trying to figure out what you believe isn't factual about that statement... The CDC guidelines that just came out yesterday state exactly that... Also, looks like you may need to calibrate your sarcasm detector...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

I have gotten to the point where I have to agree with this.  The CSO won't be lifted, and no ships are sailing out of the USA before Nov 1st.  And to be honest, it is getting to the point that a lot of cruisers don't care.  There are other options.

Exactly. It seems like every week there are more announcements about cruises in Europe, the UK and the Caribbean. People are starting to move on and the CDC is looking more irrelevant all the time. I can just see the announcement on Nov 1: "The CDC is ready to consider partial sailings from the US, with everyone vaccinated, masked and capacity limited to 50 people." LOL 😄 See ya!

• Like 3

It's the same with Oceania:

At Oceania Cruises, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit has always been and remains our highest priority. Given the continued global efforts to combat the spread of the global COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we are extending our suspension of voyages to include all scheduled departures aboard Marina through and including August 19, 2021. Marina returns to her previously published schedule of departures beginning with the August 29, 2021 sailing from Copenhagen. All departures through September 30, 2021 aboard Riviera, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena are cancelled. Additional ship restart dates will be communicated in the future.

I am booked on that first Marina sailing Aug. 29 from Copenhagen. At this point Americans aren't even allowed in to Denmark. I will be cancelling this Oceania cruise as I have put down a deposit on Aug. 16, 2022 NCL Dawn Baltic cruise.

2 minutes ago, susiesan said:

It's the same with Oceania:

At Oceania Cruises, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit has always been and remains our highest priority. Given the continued global efforts to combat the spread of the global COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we are extending our suspension of voyages to include all scheduled departures aboard Marina through and including August 19, 2021. Marina returns to her previously published schedule of departures beginning with the August 29, 2021 sailing from Copenhagen. All departures through September 30, 2021 aboard Riviera, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena are cancelled. Additional ship restart dates will be communicated in the future.

I am booked on that first Marina sailing Aug. 29 from Copenhagen. At this point Americans aren't even allowed in to Denmark. I will be cancelling this Oceania cruise as I have put down a deposit on Aug. 16, 2022 NCL Dawn Baltic cruise.

As you know, NCL owns Oceania. According to NCL's financial sheet, they need revenue generated sailings quickly. 

Our October Bermuda cruise out of Boston was cancelled this morning. I am wondering if all NCL cruises from Boston have been cancelled for 2021.

Edited by FuninWB
error

Norwegian Dawn, Spirit and Star with embarkation dates through and including September 30, 2021

Does anyone know when the Spirit was due to start cruising in Europe, please?   I feel it was supposed to be before September 30.

During October they are due to be there and then they are due to leave Athens on the 7th November to go to Australia and New Zealand via 4 ports in INDIA!!!

Final payment would be about 7th July for this Athens departure.

1) Will NCL or passengers want to visit India?

2) Will the Australian and New Zealand governments allow the Spirit to visit?   Especially if it has visited India?

3) When will (should) NCL make a decision regarding the visit of the Spirit to Australia and new Zealand?

2 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Sad for those who have cancelled cruises but happy that mine is still running (Sept 15th from Rome) as it's my birthday!

Surprised (pleasantly) at the removal of the rule for shore excursions! I can go explore! 😄

Still reluctant to book my flights but I know that the prices will only start going up from here! £65pp plus luggage at the moment 

There’s an article on one of the Irish news apps today which quotes the BioNtech (Pfizer) chief as reckoning Europe will reach herd immunity levels by August. 
Also while the EU is saying anyone fully vaccinated is welcome, individual countries have varying interpretations of that.

Each region has their own local restrictions so while you might be able to get into the country without going into quarantine do you really want to visit if everything is still closed? 
BTW the EU is not entirely an accurate catch-all either, realistically it refers to the Schengen countries that had open borders between each other pre-covid. That includes some non-EU countries like Switzerland but excludes Ireland.

non-essential retail in Ireland hasn’t even been allowed to resume click&collect as yet though it may return next week and only outdoor tourist attractions were allowed to reopen last week. While Ireland no longer requires mandatory hotel quarantine for vaccinated arrivals they’re still supposed to self-isolate for 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

Of course withCanada shut down for ships Alaska is out anyway.  ButSeattle sure doesn’t look good either. With so many declining vaccinations the cases are surging again.  We’re still a long way from being out of this mess.  

When the coronavirus pandemic hit the Pacific Northwest states of Oregon and Washington, their governors quickly reacted with shutdowns. Now they are about to impose new restrctions again as infections and hospitalizations rise to alarming levels.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown is putting 15 counties that encompass the state's biggest cities into the state's extreme risk category starting Friday, imposing restrictions that include banning indoor restaurant dining. As Brown issued her order on Tuesday, she said rising COVID-19 hospitalizations threaten to overwhelm doctors.

"If we don't act now, doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other health care providers in Oregon will be stretched to their limits treating severe cases of COVID-19," Brown said.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is expected to order new restrictions next week for several counties, likely including the state's largest, that would force businesses and churches to reduce their indoor gathering capacity from 50% to 25%.

Inslee will decide which counties need to be rolled back to Phase 2 of his reopening plan after an evaluation of public health safety benchmark numbers. The public health director for King County, which includes Seattle, expects it will be included in Inslee's order.

Edited by roger001

Here is the list from the NCL website:-

• Ship - Suspended Through
  • Pride of America - July 31, 2021
  • Norwegian Bliss - July 31, 2021
  • Norwegian Sky - August 30, 2021
  • Norwegian Star - September 23, 2021
  • Norwegian Spirit - September 24, 2021
  • Norwegian Dawn - September 26, 2021
  • Norwegian Sun - October 7, 2021
  • Norwegian Escape - October 10, 2021
  • Norwegian Breakaway - October 17, 2021
  • Norwegian Encore - October 28, 2021
  • Norwegian Pearl - November 7, 2021
  • Norwegian Jewel - November 13, 2021
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, rachiem said:

Still reluctant to book my flights but I know that the prices will only start going up from here! £65pp plus luggage at the moment 

I booked mine with Easyjet, they allow free cancellation in the form of a voucher for future flights if you need to cancel.

I was happy with that.

• Like 1