Almond Milk on Allure?

21 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

My wife is trying to convince me that she needs to take her own almond milk on board. Can someone please clarify if they have on board or should she bring it? TIA

No way should she.....Those in-cabin coolers aren't refrigerators !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

No way should she.....Those in-cabin coolers aren't refrigerators !

They sell milk in small cartons that doesn’t have to be refrigerated.  I’m sure that’s what she’s looking at. 

• Like 1

For people who use almond “milk” I have a question for them- 

how does someone milk an almond?

Isn’t the liquid really almond juice?

Not intending to be snide- just something that comes to mind.

I do understand that some people are lactose intolerant or have other dietary concerns,so they use the almond product as a substitute for milk.

Just a thought...🙂

Not actual milk so doesn’t need a fridge and as per a post in the humour thread, it’s called almond milk cuz who would buy nut juice?

use it everyday for my morning shake, do without on ships

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

They sell milk in small cartons that doesn’t have to be refrigerated.  I’m sure that’s what she’s looking at. 

I have never seen Almond milk that wasn't sold refrigerated in the store. 

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

My wife is trying to convince me that she needs to take her own almond milk on board. Can someone please clarify if they have on board or should she bring it? TIA

I'm lactose intolerant. I've never had any issues with finding alternatives aboard either Freedom class or Oasis class. She'll be fine.

Here's the link to the remaining supply of almond milk on my Anthem cruise a couple years ago.  I can't imagine much has changed in terms of providing it and I'm certain it's the same fleet wide.

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Nasty !

Trust me on this - for those of us who are dairy-allergic or lactose-intolerant, the results of using real dairy can be pretty nasty! For me it starts with about 4-5 hours of pretty bad abdominal pain...and my pain tolerance is pretty high!  

Those shelf-stable milks have to be refrigerated after opening and are tough to carry around. I did use this one (for me, better than nothing but not a fan)

https://smile.amazon.com/Coconut-Cloud-Original-Non-Dairy-Go/dp/B07LB6CL6P/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=Powdered+nut+milk&qid=1622981702&sr=8-25 

I ran across this and have ordered it to try before our travels (possibly...if they ever start up again!) 

https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5760065-organic-traditions-cashew-milk-powder-5-3-oz

I figure if it works I’ll put some in those little pill bags and carry it with me.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matj2000 said:

She can't go a week without it?

When you travel you can't always have everything like you do at home.

Some people are allergic to milk and have to use/drink Almond milk.  I couldn't go a week without my coffee and I don't think my husband would want me too.  🤣😜

8 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Some people are allergic to milk and have to use/drink Almond milk.  I couldn't go a week without my coffee and I don't think my husband would want me too.  🤣😜

I drink Almond milk all the time.

Not because I am allergic to dairy, I just like it better.

But I can do without on a ship.    

If coffee is  the issue,  they have plenty of powder creamers.. 

15 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Bro I’m with ya! But all she wants to know is if the windjammer or other coffee spots have it for her coffee. 

You can make these requests through the access department. They may have a non lactose option onboard, but may not be almond milk.  Also just because someone has seen it in the past, doesn’t mean it will be stocked on your cruise.  Just work through the cruise line. 

My wife is lactose intolerant so I've had all the different type of milks. They're all fine.

But don't ever put almond milk in coffee unless you like coffee that tastes like buttered popcorn, ick

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Haha 1