Jump to content

July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wishing you all a safe and spectacular journey !
We will be onboard for the Spt. 26th sailing.
If anyone is able, could I ask you to post a screen shot of a speed test while connected to MedallionNet?  Have "boatloads" of fun and adventure!

Edited by SeaTacMike
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While our cruise isn’t until Oct ‘22 (I know way off😆) I’m really interested in following this thread. Especially in the onboard experience and what is similar/different from precovid cruises.

 Thanks for starting this topic and have a great time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Neville Saldana is the Maitre'd onboard...

 

He's a great Maitre'd....Have sailed with him often.  Very accommodating and personable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The very first piece of advice for everyone who is cruising - PLEASE remember there is no filming in the security areas. Just stop taking pictures and live streaming once you enter the building. There were a lot of folks getting yelled at loudly for filming themselves at the security lines. 
 

Boarding was amazing and too fast! Bag drop was outside. Lines were almost non existent. We passed through stop one to check our passports and vax cards, which were scrutinized very closely. We were green lane with our Medallions already, so we went right up the escalators and to the X-ray machines, then passed through right afterwards to board. There were lines of crew clapping and cheering as we walked, which brought tears to my eyes! Next stop was a medallion scan in, and mask pull down to verify our faces. Then another few feet and we were on the ship!!

 

We have met our steward, who has never been on this ship or on a medallion ship at all. She is lovely and I am already happy with her service. We requested the paper Patter, and requested turn down for the nights after today. Now we are off to Alfredos for lunch and sangria!!

 

Of Note - Alfredos is quite loud with the open proximity to the atrium and the live music. 

  • Like 28
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

The very first piece of advice for everyone who is cruising - PLEASE remember there is no filming in the security areas. Just stop taking pictures and live streaming once you enter the building. There were a lot of folks getting yelled at loudly for filming themselves at the security lines. 
 

Boarding was amazing and too fast! Bag drop was outside. Lines were almost non existent. We passed through stop one to check our passports and vax cards, which were scrutinized very closely. We were green lane with our Medallions already, so we went right up the escalators and to the X-ray machines, then passed through right afterwards to board. There were lines of crew clapping and cheering as we walked, which brought tears to my eyes! Next stop was a medallion scan in, and mask pull down to verify our faces. Then another few feet and we were on the ship!!

 

We have met our steward, who has never been on this ship or on a medallion ship at all. She is lovely and I am already happy with her service. We requested the paper Patter, and requested turn down for the nights after today. Now we are off to Alfredos for lunch and sangria!!

 

Of Note - Alfredos is quite loud with the open proximity to the atrium and the live music. 

Thank you for your comments ... I hope you continue to update us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Boarding was amazing and too fast! Bag drop was outside. Lines were almost non existent. We passed through stop one to check our passports and vax cards, which were scrutinized very closely. We were green lane with our Medallions already, so we went right up the escalators and to the X-ray machines, then passed through right afterwards to board. There were lines of crew clapping and cheering as we walked, which brought tears to my eyes! Next stop was a medallion scan in, and mask pull down to verify our faces. Then another few feet and we were on the ship!!

 

Thank you for sharing.  I've been quite interested in this process because my hubby was in an AstraZeneca vaccine trial and I'm hoping they don't give him any grief about his CDC card.  He's requested vaccine records from the state too so we should have that as back-up.  Were the folks scrutinizing the cards from the medical team, just regular security, or could you tell?

 

Have a wonderful cruise and I'm looking forward to hearing more about the maiden voyage!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

The very first piece of advice for everyone who is cruising - PLEASE remember there is no filming in the security areas. Just stop taking pictures and live streaming once you enter the building. There were a lot of folks getting yelled at loudly for filming themselves at the security lines. 
 

Boarding was amazing and too fast! Bag drop was outside. Lines were almost non existent. We passed through stop one to check our passports and vax cards, which were scrutinized very closely. We were green lane with our Medallions already, so we went right up the escalators and to the X-ray machines, then passed through right afterwards to board. There were lines of crew clapping and cheering as we walked, which brought tears to my eyes! Next stop was a medallion scan in, and mask pull down to verify our faces. Then another few feet and we were on the ship!!

 

We have met our steward, who has never been on this ship or on a medallion ship at all. She is lovely and I am already happy with her service. We requested the paper Patter, and requested turn down for the nights after today. Now we are off to Alfredos for lunch and sangria!!

 

Of Note - Alfredos is quite loud with the open proximity to the atrium and the live music. 

Were you allowed to take off your face mask once you walked on board the ship?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

ChangeOrder,  so you boarded around 1:30pm?  from the time your arrived till you stepped on ship was how long? Thanks

We got on before 1130, but had some challenges connecting to WiFi beforehand. From getting out of the car to being in our cabin was … 20-30 minutes. Our balcony faces the pier and I could see lines forming before the medallion scan checkpoint outside, where we had nobody in front of us previously. 
 

We were in our cabin before my son made it home after dropping us off 🙂

Edited by ChangeOrder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ChangeOrder said:

We got on before 1130, but had some challenges connecting to WiFi beforehand. From getting out of the car to being in our cabin was … 20-30 minutes. Our balcony faces the pier and I could see lines forming before the medallion scan checkpoint outside, where we had nobody in front of us previously. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Have a wonderful cruise. Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

 Were the folks scrutinizing the cards from the medical team, just regular security, or could you tell?

 

Just your standard gate agent type lady. In street clothes and no uniform. 
 

Overwhelmingly everyone (apart from the serious business X-ray security) were happy and excited and welcoming of us. I am sad there are masks in the way of them seeing how happy and grateful I am to them. 

Edited by ChangeOrder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Just your standard gate agent type lady. In street clothes and no uniform. 
 

Overwhelmingly everyone (apart from the serious business X-ray security) we’re happy and excited and welcoming of us. I am sad there are masks in the way of them seeing how happy and grateful I am to them. 

I'm sure they know. I've been concerned that people can't tell when I'm smiling with my mask. They always say they can tell- because of my eyes. 🙂 I'm sure you told them too. 😉  Have a great time!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Were you allowed to take off your face mask once you walked on board the ship?

Yep! They don’t tell you that as you walk on, like you’ve seen from other cruise line videos, but masks aren’t required to walk around the ship. I think you’re supposed to wear them in a shared elevator, and our steward had mentioned that too. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ChangeOrder said:

Yep! They don’t tell you that as you walk on, like you’ve seen from other cruise line videos, but masks aren’t required to walk around the ship. I think you’re supposed to wear them in a shared elevator, and our steward had mentioned that too. 

Awesome. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

Did you notice what happened to passengers who  were were unable to get the app on their smart phones?

I went in the left line for green zone, and other folks were being directed to the right for yellow zone/assistance needed. Funny enough there were less people on that side than on mine. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

 

Yes, she was kind enough to post a server saying that to her on camera. 

I wonder if this policy will end when CSO ends - or more likely when Covid-19 protocols are gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...