Anyone hear about simulation cruise on Independence?

15 hours ago, trippintex said:

We are also on the Aug.15 sailing love to hear any info you can provide . Maybe the name of the diamond club concierge and how the diamond lounge will operate. Like to hear all you can tell us so we can get a heads for our cruise.Looking to hear from you . THANK YOU

I’ll check and let you know. As far as the lounge being open, I’d assume for this voyage it will be the same as on Allure- open but not with food or beverages. 

17 hours ago, GA Dave said:

If there is any way possible, I would love to see a live report on your cruise.  My very first Royal cruise will be on the Independence in November, so I would love to hear your thoughts on her current condition, changes, etc.

Thanks. 

I’ll try to post some updates throughout the four days if possible. 

We still haven’t gotten a cabin assignment but have begun packing!! Can’t wait!!!

• Like 1

We also got an invitation yesterday but unfortunately we are not able to take it.  Flying to Galveston is just not feasible for us on the east coast.  Fingers still crossed for Bayonne.  We are pinnacle and don’t know if that had anything to do with the invitation.

I’m really surprised how many folks got invitations yesterday. I wonder if they didn’t get the response they’d anticipated earlier in the week and so issued more invitations. Wonder also if that is why we haven’t gotten our cabin assignment yet. 

5 minutes ago, vplsh said:

I’m really surprised how many folks got invitations yesterday. I wonder if they didn’t get the response they’d anticipated earlier in the week and so issued more invitations. Wonder also if that is why we haven’t gotten our cabin assignment yet. 

I would love an invite!  But, I have never cruised RCCL, so I guess that's not happening.  🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

My husband and I both received invites yesterday, but it overlaps my Ovation Simulation Cruise. Husband is busy and still awaiting his passport renewal sent in late Apr.

Appreciate RC considering us twice.

We will also be on the Ovation and got the overlapping invitation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We will also be on the Ovation and got the overlapping invitation.

Looking forward to meeting you as I've read so many of your helpful posts over the years!

Safe travels but I believe you live in/near Seattle.  I'm flying out tonight from the DC area. Wanted to get ahead of the possible stormy weather and arrive @ Pier 91 timely and relaxed tomorrow.

Received my invite for Independence yesterday, but just like my invite for Allure, Ovation and Symphony travel costs make it not worth it for me. Now, if I receive an invite to Oasis out of Bayonne, I will be quick to say yes, esp. since I was originally booked into a GS on that cruise before it was cancelled by RCG.

Cannot believe all these last minute invitations to Indy.  And we signed up a long time ago and didn't even get one.  And we live in Texas.  All these invites to people clear across the country makes no sense - they can't possibly get to Galveston on such short notice.  Bummed. Ah well, 10/31 will be here soon!

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

Looking forward to meeting you as I've read so many of your helpful posts over the years!

Safe travels but I believe you live in/near Seattle.  I'm flying out tonight from the DC area. Wanted to get ahead of the possible stormy weather and arrive @ Pier 91 timely and relaxed tomorrow.

I should not be too hard to find.  I will be wearing orange and black Crocs. 

I expect about 600-650 passengers.

Yes, we are in Seattle, 7 miles from the pier.

52 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Cannot believe all these last minute invitations to Indy.  And we signed up a long timI e ago and didn't even get one.  And we live in Texas.  All these invites to people clear across the country makes no sense - they can't possibly get to Galveston on such short notice.  Bummed. Ah well, 10/31 will be here soon!

I saw a post from a travel agent who is on the Allure test cruise and said they only had about 300-400 people on board and they were made up of agents and high level Pinnacle members.  

1 hour ago, sweettxcruiser04 said:

Hi all! I’m on this sailing! Has anyone else received two confirmations and two cabin numbers? 

We did.

I'm vplsh's sister (and travel professional).  We got assigned Deck 7 starboard aft earlier today, and then this evening got a totally different reservation number with a new cabin assignment (Deck 8 port on the hump).  I had heard that there were people getting their cabin assignments changed but to get a totally new reservation number was odd.  We had to do the check in all over again, and now have two Set Sail passes in our app.  Maybe third time will be the charm!

10 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

I saw a post from a travel agent who is on the Allure test cruise and said they only had about 300-400 people on board and they were made up of agents and high level Pinnacle members.  

All other reports said 600-650.

18 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Cannot believe all these last minute invitations to Indy.  And we signed up a long time ago and didn't even get one.  And we live in Texas.  All these invites to people clear across the country makes no sense - they can't possibly get to Galveston on such short notice.  Bummed. Ah well, 10/31 will be here soon!

We received an invitation Wednesday for the cruise leaving on Sunday. Was there an earlier batch of invites, or did they all go out this late.   I wonder if we were in that “group B” just like those who get invited to a wedding  late when a lot of the RSVPs are coming in “no“

m

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We received an invitation Wednesday for the cruise leaving on Sunday. Was there an earlier batch of invites, or did they all go out this late.   I wonder if we were in that “group B” just like those who get invited to a wedding  late when a lot of the RSVPs are coming in “no“

m

Hahah...I volunteer for group B.

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

You are lucky.....we are group "Z"!!