New Testing Requirement for for all U.S. sailings longer than 4 nights

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Thanks @Canadian Disney Mom for starting this thread, I just saw this on social media for my Odyssey sailing. We have a 4-day on Freedom out of Miami next week, get off on Friday and come home to Ft. Lauderdale, and then leave Sunday on 6-day Odyssey. Have not received any emails about this new testing requirement. I was just able to schedule us for a rapid antigen test on Friday at the Ft. Lauderdale CVS on the corner of 17th Street and Federal Highway, which is a few blocks from the Embassy Suites for those familiar with the Port Everglades area. Could not count on getting PCR results back in time before we board on Sunday, so had to google to find a place that did the rapid antigen test. Again, thanks for posting this info. 

That's great that you can get an appt.  Not sure how busy the drug stores are here in Central Florida but on the news everyday in Orlando the people wait at the outdoor testing sights for hours and hours  If you can get it done at Walgreens or CVS quickly I wonder why they do that??

3 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I never received an email either nor was there any notification on the app…but I did go to the website and of course saw it there. QUESTION- do we know what types, brands of tests they will accept?  I ask because I saw a antigen test kit available at Walgreens (and the site says test like those available at a pharmacy) but reading the instructions for the test (nasal swab, results in 15 mins, etc) it also says that it is not suitable for travel requirements.  It is from the company BinaxNOW.

I understand why RC feels the need for testing, but I don’t like that at this late stage in the game they are not paying for those of us who are vaccinated or preforming it at embarkation.  Also, they need to update their website as there is the “updated info” box at the top, yet, it still says under “testing” that those who are fully vaccinated do not required any testing to board.

Sorry, I know I can cancel, but I want to cruise dammit!

I really think they mean like the test given by the pharmacy, not sold by them.  Self testing would not be a very reliable way of doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I really think they mean like the test given by the pharmacy, not sold by them.  Self testing would not be a very reliable way of doing it.

Especially when you can fake a positive test with lemon juice - something about the acids in the juice - or so tick tok says and then get a full refund if you don't want to wear the mask or whatever. The kids might have been doing it in school in big numbers.

Edited by ace2542

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's great that you can get an appt.  Not sure how busy the drug stores are here in Central Florida but on the news everyday in Orlando the people wait at the outdoor testing sights for hours and hours  If you can get it done at Walgreens or CVS quickly I wonder why they do that??

I am glad I found out today about the need to get a test, so I could go ahead and book my appointment for next Friday. I just looked out of curiosity for testing availability tomorrow, and no slots are open. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if day one for tasting is the day you take the test or is it the next day. For example, if my cruise is on a Sunday can I get tested on Thursday or do I need to wait until Friday, to met the requirements. 

50 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Does anyone know if day one for tasting is the day you take the test or is it the next day. For example, if my cruise is on a Sunday can I get tested on Thursday or do I need to wait until Friday, to met the requirements. 

The day you receive the test is day 0.  Begin counting the day after

• Like 1

I am super upset because we haven't received any email notification about getting covid tested prior to departure.  Still, we are vaccinated but really?  we deserve the very best and we have serious status with Royal.  Not right.

4 minutes ago, luctem said:

I am super upset because we haven't received any email notification about getting covid tested prior to departure.  Still, we are vaccinated but really?  we deserve the very best and we have serious status with Royal.  Not right.

If you have been with Royal for that long, you should know they do cruising very well, IT, not so much.  Nothing new.

3 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Breeze just left Galveston about an hour ago, currently in route to Cozumel. Wonder if the report was from a previous cruise?

Not sure…..I just saw it posted on the Carnival board….

Never got any notification for our Alaska cruise in a couple of weeks. After reading this on here, we scheduled an Antigen test at CVS within the given timeframes just in case. As others said, getting appointments could be a challenge if you leave it too late. You can always cancel.

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I am glad I found out today about the need to get a test, so I could go ahead and book my appointment for next Friday. I just looked out of curiosity for testing availability tomorrow, and no slots are open. 

Me too. I just booked my tests for the afternoon of Aug 11 for our Aug 14th Odyssey sailing. PHEW!! 

• Like 2

I hope they change that CWC clause now being you only have up to 48 hours before your cruise to cancel for getting a FCC. 

Because now having to get this test no earlier then 3 days before your sailing those people who get a positive result will be SOL getting the result the day before their sailing and then try to cancel for the FCC.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I hope they change that CWC clause now being you only have up to 48 hours before your cruise to cancel for getting a FCC. 

Because now having to get this test no earlier then 3 days before your sailing those people who get a positive result will be SOL getting the result the day before their sailing and then try to cancel for the FCC.

Your post gives the impression that there is no recourse other than cancelling under CWC should a passenger test positive for COVID-19 in the days immediately prior to embarkation.   This is misleading, as there is in fact a published Refund and Cancellation Policy for COVID-19 which specifically covers this scenario.

This policy allows for cancellation of the cruise for a full refund (or optional FCC) for a passenger, or any member of their travelling party, testing positive within 14 days of embarkation.  

COVID-19 Cancellations and Refunds Policy | Royal Caribbean International

• Thanks 1

The CDC posted on their own website a PCR test lab alert. As of Dec 31, there needs to be new testing to differentiate between flu and Covid19. The FDA has class I recalls ( most serious of recalls) some rapid PCR testing. Why would they still use these?  So vaccines are useless and testing is useless. At this point it is hard to trust anything they tell us to do. I am going to cancel all of the rest of my cruises until this is over. Mask mandate and lock downs within 2 weeks. A birdie told me this.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, aquasea said:

The CDC posted on their own website a PCR test lab alert. As of Dec 31, there needs to be new testing to differentiate between flu and Covid19. The FDA has class I recalls ( most serious of recalls) some rapid PCR testing. Why would they still use these?  So vaccines are useless and testing is useless. At this point it is hard to trust anything they tell us to do. I am going to cancel all of the rest of my cruises until this is over. Mask mandate and lock downs within 2 weeks. A birdie told me this.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

I hope that the "birdie" is wrong about mask mandates and lockdowns.

Yes, trust is waning everywhere...............

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aquasea said:

^^This^^

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Someone tested positive.

Story goes...."Passenger had cold symptom so went to infirmary, was given a test for covid...."

So I wonder what lesson will be learned........  😉

Two passengers tested positive on the current Edge cruise. 

20 hours ago, luctem said:

The only notification I can fine is from a blogger, who does have RCCL contacts but so far nothing on any of their sites. 

We have both our cruise docs and sea pass's for the August 15th cruise out of Galveston and of course the original instructions we got from RCCL indicated that things could change and it would not surprise me but as of this minute we don't have any confirming information. We set up the port test for our 7 year old passenger with the link that RCCL sent us in the mail. 

If it comes down to getting a test we will not have any problem around here. I just hope the on board protocols don't change from what they emailed us originally. 

Will let you know if or when we get communications from RCCL.