The Daily for Tuesday August 03, 2021

richwmn

3 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I don't know how you all can type on tablets, I was never good at it, and it's worse since my stroke. 

Sorry to hear about your stroke.

Hopefully you are fully recovered now.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm not sure that's possible.  These are group classes with about 10 people in each session so there is limited possibility for individual questions, and the classes are dirt cheap.  I'll plug away at it a little at a time.

A higher priority for me is my cardiologist.  Many years ago when I was in training as an EMT one of the instructors stressed "always treat the patient, not the monitor.  I've lost patients, but never lost a monitor"  Point one is that I think she is treating the chart,not the patient.  One example is when I was there in February for my Echocardiogram I had severe trouble breathing during the procedure.  When it was done a few days later in the hospital I was fine (although I did ask to have oxygen based on my problems the first time) and that echo was a piece of cake.  When I saw her for my first post op visit she was steadfast that my problems were just the result of fluid buildup because I was lying flat, even though between the onset of symptoms and that the surgery I had slept flat almost 100 days with no problems.

Second issue is lack of response to my concerns.  On June 23 she prescribed a new drug for me and when I got it I discovered a possible interaction with another med.  I left her a message indicating the issue and that I would not start the med until she confirmed that the benefits still outweighed the potential problems.  I never heard back and did not start it until I discussed it with my primary doctor over 2 weeks later.  I had a similar issue with the visit before that one.

I see a potential new cardiologist on August 13.  I hope Friday the 13th will be lucky this time.

Roy

Those are serious concerns.

I hope your new cardiologist is good and listens to your concerns.

When someone doesn’t answer a question for medication conflicts with another, that’s cause for concern.  IMO.

• Like 10

I love most nuts and eat some every day; Brazil nuts not so much. I like watermelon but it sure does not like me. Night out, tonight my brother in law and sister in law are taking me out to dinner for my 80th birthday.

I have never been to Brazil and love seeing the photos.

Jane

• Like 15

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I have posted on 2 Floataway lounge threads for a long time but the posts do not count on your post count.

Fortunately the other posters are great people to chat with.

In the past years CC has been leaning more into a Chat Club and especially last two years because cruise shutdown.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I don't know how you all can type on tablets, I was never good at it, and it's worse since my stroke. 

I don’t use the IPad keyboard.  I have a blue tooth keyboard attached to it.  It’s like typing on a laptop.  I’m no good at the thumbs posting but I can type like the dickens 😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I love most nuts and eat some every day; Brazil nuts not so much. I like watermelon but it sure does not like me. Night out, tonight my brother in law and sister in law are taking me out to dinner for my 80th birthday.

Jane

Happy 80th birthday today Jane.

Hopefully you have many more to celebrate.

Graham.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your stroke.

Hopefully you are fully recovered now.

Take care.

Graham.

Thank you.  I have deficits that I had to learn to live with, there's no reversing brain damage, my fine motor skills took the biggest hit. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t use the IPad keyboard.  I have a blue tooth keyboard attached to it.  It’s like typing on a laptop.  I’m no good at the thumbs posting but I can type like the dickens 😉 

Both Pauline and I type with our forefingers on our mobile phones.

We cannot co ordinate typing with thumbs either.

Graham.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thank you.  I have deficits that I had to learn to live with, there's no reversing brain damage, my fine motor skills took the biggest hit. 

Sorry to hear how it has affected you.

Best wishes from both Pauline and I.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Send us some!!  Sure could use it here.  Forecast for Friday is some rain but may go north instead of to the fires in the south.  

If I could I would!  We have had a fairly wet spring and adequate rain for a summer.  We have also had cooler temps than normal.  Today was 15 degrees under the average of 90.  Not sure if this is the new normal or not.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Happy Birthday Jane!🎂🍾

Been a long time since our Maasdam cruise.

Bruce & Sue

• Like 6

Wow, CC is really messed up. I’ve been trying to post for 15 minutes and nothing I try will work. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Craig and I both got automated phone calls from HAL saying that we had important paperwork to sign for our upcoming cruise. That’s never happened before so we were both surprised. I was actually going to start working on it today. Glad they are keeping us informed. 

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

INight out, tonight my brother in law and sister in law are taking me out to dinner for my 80th birthday.

Happy Birthday to you, with many happy, healthy returns of the day!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Now send some of your English rain out our way please, we need it badly!

Bruno,

It rained up the hill from you in Skykomish Saturday night. We have also received a few drops today and expect more by Friday.

Chelan got a little rain Sunday morning. Evacuation notices in Mazama have been lowered from level 3 to level 2, but the smoke is pretty umbearable for eveyone still in that area.

There are presently thousands of individuals fighting the fires in Eastern Washington and the Estimated Containment Date for most of the fires isn't until October 31, 2021. That date could change fast with a good rainfall.

Edited by HAL4NOW
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I'm not sure that's possible.  These are group classes with about 10 people in each session so there is limited possibility for individual questions, and the classes are dirt cheap.  I'll plug away at it a little at a time.

A higher priority for me is my cardiologist.  Many years ago when I was in training as an EMT one of the instructors stressed "always treat the patient, not the monitor.  I've lost patients, but never lost a monitor"  Point one is that I think she is treating the chart,not the patient.  One example is when I was there in February for my Echocardiogram I had severe trouble breathing during the procedure.  When it was done a few days later in the hospital I was fine (although I did ask to have oxygen based on my problems the first time) and that echo was a piece of cake.  When I saw her for my first post op visit she was steadfast that my problems were just the result of fluid buildup because I was lying flat, even though between the onset of symptoms and that the surgery I had slept flat almost 100 days with no problems.

Second issue is lack of response to my concerns.  On June 23 she prescribed a new drug for me and when I got it I discovered a possible interaction with another med.  I left her a message indicating the issue and that I would not start the med until she confirmed that the benefits still outweighed the potential problems.  I never heard back and did not start it until I discussed it with my primary doctor over 2 weeks later.  I had a similar issue with the visit before that one.

I see a potential new cardiologist on August 13.  I hope Friday the 13th will be lucky this time.

Roy

I think you have the right priority. I will report back when I start rehab/pt. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Happy Birthday, Jane! May your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health and a cruise!

7855D7D0-6DEB-4AB9-AC46-777BFA62295F.jpeg

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Both Pauline and I type with our forefingers on our mobile phones.

We cannot co ordinate typing with thumbs either.

Graham.

I can’t use my thumbs either because of my arthritis. DS watched me type with my finger once and got really irritated with me because I was so slow. But like @kazu I can type like the Dickens on a keyboard. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome to our rain.

Hopefully rain 🌧️ will find its way to where it is needed badly.

Seattle shares England's marine climate all year, except for the summer, when it's considered Mediterranean. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Bruno,

It rained up the hill from you in Skykomish Saturday night. We have also received a few drops today and expect more by Friday.

Chelan got a little rain Sunday morning. Evacuation notices in Mazama have been lowered from level 3 to level 2, but the smoke is pretty umbearable for eveyone still in that area.

There are presently thousands of individuals fighting the fires in Eastern Washington and the Estimated Containment Date for most of the fires isn't until October 31, 2021. That date could change fast with a good rainfall.

We got a very brief drizzle.  I just looked and they are still pretty confident everyone will get something on Friday.

• Like 3