What is the current Celebrity policy for masks on board?

ERParadise

Dear all,

My wife tells me she read that on RCL that if a passenger tests positive that others onboard must start wearing a mask in public venues.  I am not looking for opinion, but simply want to know what the Celebrity policy is right now.

Like the pre-cruise testing decision, masks on board if soon required will be another last minute announcement with no planning period.   But easier to implement.  IMO some of the vaccinated passengers would respond to this very negatively and cancel their cruise under the CWC program.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Like the pre-cruise testing decision, masks on board if soon required will be another last minute announcement with no planning period.   But easier to implement.  IMO some of the vaccinated passengers would respond to this very negatively and cancel their cruise under the CWC program.  

We'll take masks against the possibility and for probable use in port.   Also have a bag of those early cheap blue masks.  Might take those and sell them for $1 each if the opportunity presents itself.  🙂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We'll take masks against the possibility and for probable use in port.   Also have a bag of those early cheap blue masks.  Might take those and sell them for $1 each if the opportunity presents itself.  🙂

Print some catchy slogan on them.  For our upcoming cruise it would be "Maskless In Seattle".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I ended up cancelling my AOS cruise out of Nassau...in part because of the last minute mask requirement... remember this is a cruise that was promoted as requiring everyone over 12 to be vaccinated. Well that may not be the case in reality... 1) vax must wear purple hospital bands ...why if only children <12 are allowed to be unvaccinated 2) report from a passenger that reason for bands are unvaccinated adults. It goes on... another passenger reports that in one of the vax areas...so in theory a place where you can go maskless...they had to replace their masks if not actively eating or drinking. I was hesitant at first... to cancel... but this last change... (following many changes) was just too much... add to that..were were scheduled on the not so reliable AA to fly to Nassau... I felt that the universe was flashing a neon sign saying ... DON'T GO.  Now I am wondering about final payment on a Nov Connie cruise... should I pay the nearly $5k for a trip to 1)Key west where residents voted against cruise ships...but FL forces them to accept 2) Grand Cayman... not accepting cruises until next year...maybe... ABCs.... now having testing requirements... so not sure how that will work if one passenger tests possitive...will they allow the ship... So $5k for a mystery cruise....  I think the universe may be lighting up another sign

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the un-predictable current 'health' and 'regulatory' environment surrounding cruising, I can only recommend that anyone who has any aversion to potential protocols which could be put in place at any time even while on-board really needs to consider not sailing until 2023, at least.

I do mean those who are not using FCC's as they have a life cycle.

bon voyage

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Nothing at this point in time.  I'll be on Summit on August 21 and report what's happening at that point.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS
It looks like you just squeaked by!

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we continue our return to service with sailings arriving and departing from the United States, we are also ensuring alignment with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC has currently advised any ship returning to the US after having traveled in international waters may not sail with guests onboard for at least 14 days. Due to this necessary requirement we will be cancelling the Celebrity Summit® sailings of August 28, 2021, September 2, 2021, September 6, 2021 and September 11, 2021.

At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Caribbean cruise or a 100% Refund. From now through August 17, you have the option of rescheduling your cruise vacation to any Caribbean sailing aboard Celebrity Summit departing between September 16, 2021 and October 30,2021. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated.

Please note, all Celebrity Cruises ships will sail with a vaccinated crew and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  www.healthyatsea.com.

If you are unable to rebook by August 17, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Universal masking on board could be a deal breaker.  

IMO, if it ends up being long-term, I believe it'll be an industry breaker.  Yes, some hardcore cruisers will play....and some won't.  The general public may play once....highly doubt they'd return to cruising for a masked 'vacation'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

IMO, if it ends up being long-term, I believe it'll be an industry breaker.  Yes, some hardcore cruisers will play....and some won't.  The general public may play once....highly doubt they'd return to cruising for a masked 'vacation'.

All of my "vacations" for the past year and a half have been masked *except* for the one cruise I have been on. I took a trip to Ellicottville with my parents last summer where temperature checks at restaurants, masks and hand sanitizer indoors, social distancing, etc. were all in play. Then after a long hiatus through the winter surge, once we were fully vaccinated, we went to an all inclusive in Cancun where masks were required indoors at all times, unless eating or drinking. Then we went to NYC for Memorial Day and again, masks and temperature checks everywhere. We are going to Toronto for Labor Day and it will be the same. My cruise on the Equinox was my first mask-free vacation and while it was nice not to have to wear a mask, having to wear one wouldn't have spoiled my cruise. Not a lot of mask-free vacation options available right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

All of my "vacations" for the past year and a half have been masked *except* for the one cruise I have been on. I took a trip to Ellicottville with my parents last summer where temperature checks at restaurants, masks and hand sanitizer indoors, social distancing, etc. were all in play. Then after a long hiatus through the winter surge, once we were fully vaccinated, we went to an all inclusive in Cancun where masks were required indoors at all times, unless eating or drinking. Then we went to NYC for Memorial Day and again, masks and temperature checks everywhere. We are going to Toronto for Labor Day and it will be the same. My cruise on the Equinox was my first mask-free vacation and while it was nice not to have to wear a mask, having to wear one wouldn't have spoiled my cruise. Not a lot of mask-free vacation options available right now.

You may be correct.  I haven't worn a mask yet on vacation (except on the beach in CA, but that's a whole 'nother discussion lol), including a cruise a couple weeks ago.  Don't wear one at home either, so I may be completely off base and vacationers/cruisers will be fine w/ it.

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We are packing masks just in case!  Even though we are vaccinated, I may wear them in close quarters, such as elevators.  Just to be safe.  Sailing in 11 days & can’t wait to feel a ship underneath my feet once again

• Like 2

As a parent, will you allow your child to wear a mask to school to be safe?

Or will you stop your child from going to school instead of wearing a mask?

Passengers are on a ship for 7 to 10 days.

Your child is in school for 5 days a week.

MO - wear a mask to protect! Stay safe!

• Like 1