LIVE Geoherb's Solo Cruise on Majestic Princess, August 22, 2021

geoherb

9 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You may have easily missed it. It’s very small and served in a ramekin. 

Oh so I’ve heard. 😙

There's a lot to look at in the buffet area so I definitely could have missed it there  but I tried to make an effort to go down the aisle of desserts everyday in the Marketplace area.  Definitely did not see them at the international cafe unless they were there during lunch time (which I usually went to the Marketplace on deck 16).  Oh well, it's not like there was a shortage of desserts so I got my fill of sugar for the week.  I just happen to really like key lime or anything lemon related for dessert. 🙂

Edited by Esjung1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

There's a lot to look at in the buffet area so I definitely could have missed it there  but I tried to make an effort to go down the aisle of desserts everyday in the Marketplace area.  Definitely did not see them at the international cafe unless they were there during lunch time (which I usually went to the Marketplace on deck 16).  Oh well, it's not like there was a shortage of desserts so I got my fill of sugar for the week.  I just happen to really like key lime or anything lemon related for dessert. 🙂

You can ask, at the Marketplace, to talk to the pastry chef.  He can tell you when the key lime pie will be available.  Sometimes it is available and they only put out a small amount and save some for room service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sunrise2sunset said:

Sailing in couple of weeks!  Would like to know if anyone came from Vegas area and where they had success in getting the 72 hour prior covid test/ 

I’m coming from Vegas and you can book two weeks ahead at cvs.

6 minutes ago, sunrise2sunset said:

Sailing in couple of weeks!  Would like to know if anyone came from Vegas area and where they had success in getting the 72 hour prior covid test/ 

I have not met anyone from Nevada yet on this cruise. I did meet some people who came to Seattle a few days early and got their tests there, but I did not pay attention to where they were tested. And it's three days, not 72 hours. Anytime on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday will work as long as you get your results back in time. I met one couple who had rapid antigen tests on Saturday because they had not received their results yet from their earlier tests. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Formal night was tonight. We had a table facing the entrance, so I kept a running tally of how men were dressed while waiting on our courses.  30% wore suits, 30% wore sports coats or ties with no coat or coats with no tie, and the majority, 40%, just wore nice shirts and slacks. There were a few outliers. One guy wore a tux, and two showed up in gym shorts and tee shirts.  Several blue jeans and polos. No one was turned away.

IMG_0892.jpg

This pix ... very disappointed that Princess permits virtually anything, formal night or not

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

This pix ... very disappointed that Princess permits virtually anything, formal night or not

I agree and this is definitely different than PCL’s stance in the past. I have seen many turned away on formal nights in shorts or have to go change into slacks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RRFan said:

I agree and this is definitely different than PCL’s stance in the past. I have seen many turned away on formal nights in shorts or have to go change into slacks. 

The new Princess, perhaps?

Once this takes hold/is permitted, near impossible to turn it around.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, matadams4u said:

I’m coming from Vegas and you can book two weeks ahead at cvs.

We live in Henderson and the CVS on Warm Springs offers the rapid-result test (antigen), which Princess accepts.  Sunrise2Sunset and Matadams4U:  are either of you on the Sept. 5 sailing?  If so, join our roll call and come to the meet & greet on Monday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

The new Princess, perhaps?

Once this takes hold/is permitted, near impossible to turn it around.

Perhaps and lets hope they are just not enforcing as much since there are soo many other things that they need to focus on related to covid and just want customers to come aboard.  we love formal night and dressing up so we do hope it doesn't go away...

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

We live in Henderson and the CVS on Warm Springs offers the rapid-result test (antigen), which Princess accepts.  Sunrise2Sunset and Matadams4U:  are either of you on the Sept. 5 sailing?  If so, join our roll call and come to the meet & greet on Monday.

Sorry I will miss you - I am on the September 12th.  Sounds like you are right down the street from me I am at gvp and warm springs.

39 minutes ago, Vegascosmogirl said:

We didn’t purchase the plus package, so we won’t have internet. It just occurred to me that I won’t be able to talk to my aging parents. Can I purchase the internet package for the same price once we board?

Also, I love key lime pie too!😋

Your phone should work in ports in Alaska.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vegascosmogirl said:

We didn’t purchase the plus package, so we won’t have internet. It just occurred to me that I won’t be able to talk to my aging parents. Can I purchase the internet package for the same price once we board?

Also, I love key lime pie too!😋

In theory, No.  The pre-cruise price is $10/day and the on-board price is $15/day.  For the early cruises, some folks have got the pre-cruise pricing on board as a goodwill type thing, since it is not easy to pre-order internet at this time.  You have to call in to Princess and get an agent to add it to your booking and charge you for it.  IDK when you are departing, but jump on the phone to Princess and see if you can still order it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me what the cost of a 4 device internet package is if purchased on the ship?  I know if purchased before you board it is $19.99/day for the 4 devices.   Also would an Elite person get a 50% off the ONBOARD charge if they waited to purchase onboard?  Are they getting 50% off the $19.99 if purchased ahead of time?  Do you know if any other capt circle member besides Elite gets the 50% off?  Thanks for the responses.

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The pre-cruise price is $10/day and the on-board price is $15/day.  For the early cruises, some folks have got the pre-cruise pricing on board as a goodwill type thing, since it is not easy to pre-order internet at this time.  You have to call in to Princess and get an agent to add it to your booking and charge you for it.  IDK when you are departing, but jump on the phone to Princess and see if you can still order it.

If you booked through a Travel Agent they can prebook and pay for the internet package for you without your having to call Princess.

9 minutes ago, Trvlingal said:

If you booked through a Travel Agent they can pre-book and pay for the internet package for you without your having to call Princess.

I suppose, if the TA doesn't mind (they might have to wait on hold a while for no income).  It is not something they "need" to do and they earn nothing from the purchase.  No harm in asking.  I do use a TA that discounts the fare, but I handle everything else myself.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Trvlingal said:

Can anyone tell me what the cost of a 4 device internet package is if purchased on the ship?  I know if purchased before you board it is $19.99/day for the 4 devices.   Also would an Elite person get a 50% off the ONBOARD charge if they waited to purchase onboard?  Are they getting 50% off the $19.99 if purchased ahead of time?  Do you know if any other capt circle member besides Elite gets the 50% off?  Thanks for the responses.

The full details of MedallionNet were posted on the ordering MedallionNet thread without PLUS.  But NP to repeat details here.

Yes, you are correct that a 4-device order for the full voyage is $20/day pre-cruise.  On-board, it is $25/day.  Elites (Platinums as well) get 50% off either pricing, but of course makes best sense to order pre-cruise from Princess.  The 50% benefit applies to all MedallionNet options.

I think I have covered your questions.

One other thing I may as well add is the single device pricing is $10/day pre-cruise and $15/day on-board.  If at least two people are getting MedallionNet, may as well order the 4-device package.  That's what we do. 

If someone does not want MedallionNet for the full voyage, and wants to book individual days, the price is $20/day (on-board only).  Therefore, it is easy to see that if you want about half the days out of the voyage length, may as well book the full package.

Edited by Steelers36

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

😄 side effects of covid shut down.. packed the only clothes that still fit comfortably.

Sorry-no excuse. 

Unless your response is the tongue in cheek kind.

The individuals in the photo could have gone to be buffet dressed like that and been comfortable there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, geoherb said:

The guest soprano had stage presence. Unfortunately, she missed some of the notes in the Queen of the Night's aria. I wasn't expecting Diana Damrau. The featured singers are very good. I especially enjoyed the Flower Duet and Bridge over Troubled Water.

That is a pretty tough aria.  There is no shame in a mere mortal missing some of those notes.  It is easy to guess which ones she missed.  The Flower Duet is awesomely beautifiul.  I'm sure you would not be surprised that the first time I ever heard that was in the BOAC commercials in the (what?) 1980s.

What was the name of that show?  We have never attended any of the Princess Theater shows. but your report has ingrigued me.  I'll probably have to attend by myself.  Mrs. XBGuy has a pretty sensitive respiratory system, and perfume gets her.  Even when we attended an embarkation day muster drill she would be sneezing before we could leave.

I am very much enjoying your reports.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Mrs. XBGuy has a pretty sensitive respiratory system, and perfume gets her.  Even when we attended an embarkation day muster drill she would be sneezing before we could leave.

Wearing an N95 mask (properly fitted) should prevent that.

When we learned how to wear the masks in the hospital: we put the mask on, than a hood, then a sugar solution was sprayed into the hood. If you could taste the sugar, the mask wasn't fitted properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I suppose, if the TA doesn't mind (they might have to wait on hold a while for no income).  It is not something they "need" to do and they earn nothing from the purchase.  No harm in asking.  I do use a TA that discounts the fare, but I handle everything else myself.  

If the TA knows how to use the Princess agent site instead of calling in, it takes less than 3 minutes to do.  Not all TA's use the agent websites though.

• Like 1