need luggage tags

25 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Years ago(last decade or so) Royal used to mail you docs and luggage tags.  Then they decided the guest can do it all themselves!

Do it yourself how exactly?  We’re about to embark on our first Royal Caribbean cruise. 

5 hours ago, satchimosmom said:

Do it yourself how exactly?  We’re about to embark on our first Royal Caribbean cruise. 

Go to check-in icon and you will be able to see and print the seasail pass & tags.

7 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Years ago(last decade or so) Royal used to mail you docs and luggage tags.  Then they decided the guest can do it all themselves!

Our first Royal cruise was in 2013.  It was the "do it yourself craft project" then.

OP, the luggage tags were part of the edocs, I think they weren't available until a month or two before the cruise.

You print out a luggage tag on a single sheet of paper, then fold the paper to the width of the tag, then use packing tape to hold it all together.  Wrap around your luggage and attach with staples/tape, but only after your flight (if you have one).

If you don't get the tags, or don't want to deal with the craft project, the porters will be able to put some on at the port.  Personally, I kind of like them.  

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I don't recall ever having luggage tags provided by Royal Caribbean, only with Celebrity. 

There was a time when RCI did send tags in a spiral bound booklet with cruise documents. It was always exciting when it arrived in the mail.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Our first Royal cruise was in 2013.  It was the "do it yourself craft project" then.

OP, the luggage tags were part of the edocs, I think they weren't available until a month or two before the cruise.

You print out a luggage tag on a single sheet of paper, then fold the paper to the width of the tag, then use packing tape to hold it all together.  Wrap around your luggage and attach with staples/tape, but only after your flight (if you have one).

If you don't get the tags, or don't want to deal with the craft project, the porters will be able to put some on at the port.  Personally, I kind of like them.  

Fortunately, they now sell plastic luggage tag holders which make it less of a craft project and are very sturdy and seamless to insert.

For an example click here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobbysiggygirl said:

How do I access edocs in order to get my luggage tags?

1.   Sign on to CRUISE PLANNER

2.   CLICK ON VIEW BOARDING PASS

3.  If checked in and your luggage tags are ready you will see VIEW LUGGAGE TAGS or it will say luggage tags pending.

4.  Print them from there when they are ready.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

3.  If checked in and your luggage tags are ready you will see VIEW LUGGAGE TAGS or it will say luggage tags pending.

Conversely:

1. Don't worry about it.

2. Show up at Port.

3. Have tags attached by crew.

4. Realize this is exactly what has happened for decades to allow bags to successfully fly around the world and appreciate that it's far simpler to move it from the curb to the ship.

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There was a time when RCI did send tags in a spiral bound booklet with cruise documents. It was always exciting when it arrived in the mail.

Yes, I still have some of those documents.  This was the beginning of cost control by reducing the amount of paper.😀

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

THIS is the type of reply we needed.

THANK YOU! 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Fortunately, they now sell plastic luggage tag holders which make it less of a craft project and are very sturdy and seamless to insert.

For an example click here.

I've purchased a dozen of these.  I love them.  Not sure why I purchased a dozen but I get carried away sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

it's far simpler to move it from the curb to the ship.

OK, I'll bite.  How do the porter tags make it "simpler" to move the bag from the curb to the ship?

With luggage tags:

1) Give bags to porter.

2) Porter puts bags on cart

3) Cart goes to ship.

With no luggage tags

1) Give bags to porter

2) Porter asks what room

3) Passenger answers

4) Porter writes room number (hopefully legibly) on tag

5) Porter attaches tag(s) to bag(s)

6) Porter puts bags on cart

3) Cart goes to ship

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Sorry, stupid question... how do you attach/detach the wire loops?

You unscrew the wire, put through the handle, screw it back together.  Just make sure it's screwed on as tight as you can get it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yep, that's when you did the so called document dance and a glass of wine. 🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, rockmom said:

You unscrew the wire, put through the handle, screw it back together.  Just make sure it's screwed on as tight as you can get it.  

31 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Here's a step-by-step video on how to attach / detach:

Thanks.  I couldn't picture it from the pictures.  

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep, that's when you did the so called document dance and a glass of wine. 🍷

Back then you got all your documents in a personalized bound booklet. Everything you wanted to know about your cruise, itinerary, excursions, transfers, luggage tags all in a thick slick package with your name on all the required stuff .

That's when we all did the fabled DOC DANCE.. LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

THIS is the type of reply we needed.

THANK YOU! 

🙂

Be sure you scroll allllllllllllllllllll the way down to just about the last page of your docs to find your luggage tage, it's around page 19!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've purchased a dozen of these.  I love them.  Not sure why I purchased a dozen but I get carried away sometimes.

I am glad I purchased half a dozen because a couple of mine tore.