The Daily for Thursday September 02, 2021

richwmn

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Just had to pop back in because we got the most fabulous news this morning!  Our son and daughter-in-law will be moving from Pasadena up to Bellevue, WA next year and we couldn't be more thrilled!

DDIL works for Disney but since they wanted to move her and other Imagineers to Florida, she's been looking for other work.  We never dreamed it could be somewhere closer to us -- DS hasn't lived near us in about 25 years!  His work allows him to work from home nearly anywhere in the country, so it will all work out.  The reason for waiting to move is the new company is all working from home anyway so they think it may be early-mid 2022.  🙂

I don't know if I'll ever come down off the ceiling. 😄😄

Wonderful news!   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Whewwww!!!! I finally got on.... the Boards did not want to recognize me, and I have to admit that I hardly recognize myself. First of all, lots of best wishes to those who are dealing with flooding. It looks terrible.

Yesterday was my appointment for the removal of the low grade melanoma.  They said would be  little over an hour.... it was actually well over 3. The little sucker was still shallow, but it was nearer the eye than any of us realized and of course they have to take clean margins. Soooooo.... here I am this morning with a bandage covering 1/2 my face. I can see a black eye peeking from the edge of the bandage. I will have a huge bruise over 1/2 my face when bandage comes off (tomorrow afternoon) and a large scar for a few weeks. I am told if the scar is too persistent I can get laser treatment  as it is included with the surgery. There is some discomfort but nothing that Tylenol does not handle. Very glad I don't have a cruise scheduled that I would have to cancel. I probably should have done this closer to Halloween so I could scare everyone. The dog thinks I look really weird. On the plus side, when I did not arrive home at the expected time, my neighbor came looking for me and drove me home and then arranged to go back and get my car. She also went to the store/pharmacy for me. I owe her big time.

Take care all.... and if you are in the sun - wear sunscreen and hats!!!

Susan

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Just had to pop back in because we got the most fabulous news this morning!  Our son and daughter-in-law will be moving from Pasadena up to Bellevue, WA next year and we couldn't be more thrilled!

DDIL works for Disney but since they wanted to move her and other Imagineers to Florida, she's been looking for other work.  We never dreamed it could be somewhere closer to us -- DS hasn't lived near us in about 25 years!  His work allows him to work from home nearly anywhere in the country, so it will all work out.  The reason for waiting to move is the new company is all working from home anyway so they think it may be early-mid 2022.  🙂

That is amazing news!  I wouldn't know what to do if one of mine was moving nearby.  Since they went off to college, then during their adult lives, they've always lived far away.  DH and I moving to Georgia after retirement didn't get us any closer either.  😉  We didn't want all the bad winter weather that their locales would have given us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Whewwww!!!! I finally got on.... the Boards did not want to recognize me, and I have to admit that I hardly recognize myself. First of all, lots of best wishes to those who are dealing with flooding. It looks terrible.

Yesterday was my appointment for the removal of the low grade melanoma.  They said would be  little over an hour.... it was actually well over 3. The little sucker was still shallow, but it was nearer the eye than any of us realized and of course they have to take clean margins. Soooooo.... here I am this morning with a bandage covering 1/2 my face. I can see a black eye peeking from the edge of the bandage. I will have a huge bruise over 1/2 my face when bandage comes off (tomorrow afternoon) and a large scar for a few weeks. I am told if the scar is too persistent I can get laser treatment  as it is included with the surgery. There is some discomfort but nothing that Tylenol does not handle. Very glad I don't have a cruise scheduled that I would have to cancel. I probably should have done this closer to Halloween so I could scare everyone. The dog thinks I look really weird. On the plus side, when I did not arrive home at the expected time, my neighbor came looking for me and drove me home and then arranged to go back and get my car. She also went to the store/pharmacy for me. I owe her big time.

Take care all.... and if you are in the sun - wear sunscreen and hats!!!

Susan

Wow, that was quite an ordeal!  Being on the face would be a lot scarier than my Mohs surgery on the back.  Thicker skin on the back too.  I hope the healing goes well and you're back to your old self soon!

• Like 9

Good afternoon. The internet was slow this morning, so I did my shopping and chores first.

Thank you for the Daily, Lists and Recipes. VJ Day is a good day to celebrate. I love coconut, but not as much as DH. I make him a coconut cream pie for his birthday and Christmas. I had never heard of Calendar Adjustment Day. @grapau27 thank you for the explanation.

I love cauliflower, but this could not be THE meal for us since DH eats very few vegetables and cauliflower is not one of them.

The quote is certainly an interesting one.

Greece has been on my list since I was quite young. Would love to do a cruise and also spend time on the ground there.

DH is not feeling well at all today. I know he doesn't want to get "hooked" on anything, but he took a PM medication three nights in a row, slept well and the days following were when he started feeling better. Now he has not taken the sleep aids for two nights, did not sleep well and had regressed. We will see what tomorrow brings. Thank you for your continued prayers.

@VictOriann I agree with you regarding the note taking. As I read today I was trying to keep track of everyone... impossible without notes.

@mamaofami please take care of yourself and reach out for help. 

Thankful we did not have damage from Ida and prayers for all who have and those still in her path.

Prayers and praises for those on our lists.

Blessings

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@bennybear I want that tomato and cucumber salad.  Oh my goodness does that look good!  I am sure I could do a decent job of replicating it.

@durangoscots Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold.   Wishing you quick healing.

@kazu Be careful with the flooding.  And, yes, this is the precise time a car decides to act up.  

@Cruising-along What wonderful news!   I can tell you are beyond thrilled.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Oh, as I am still exploring and learning this site...

I tried twice to save a signature and it has not saved. Any suggestions/tips. Is the signature only for email and not posts?  

Thank you for being patient with me. 

• Like 5

Ok, my good news:

On Tuesday Tim, a friend, came over briefly to look at my lower kitchen cabinets.  The lowest shelf had warped badly and everything in the cabinet always slides to the center and creates a huge mess.  It is now creating that huge mess on the countertops and dining room table.  Anyways, I need some help ripping out that bottom shelf.  I think I can get the replacement in on my own as I will do it in pieces.  So, Tim stopped by.  When he got there I met him outside and because he is still teaching and exposed to everything kids drag in, including COVID, we agreed we should wear masks inside.  So, we did.  He was supposed to come back yesterday to rip it out, but he didn't.

He called last night and told me he might have exposed me to COVID.  His son had been over on Sunday and had just called and said he had gotten tested and was waiting on results.  Tim said he was going to get tested today and would call me with results.  My heart sank to my feet.  I am so close to that cruise!

Well, Tim just called.  He tested negative!   YES!   I feel like I just won the lottery!   Celebration tonight!

• Like 27

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

Thanks!

He still doesn't know, I have all the luggage tags and documents, I really don't think he's going to figure out something is up until we step off the elevator on deck 7 instead of 4. 

Bon voyage, Bruno! Hope you & your Dad enjoy every moment. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I will add my good news.

I have now graduated to full range of motion. No need for the brace inside the house - whoopie! And I start 4 weeks of therapy 3x/week tomorrow morning. 

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes!

I will check my weight tomorrow morning, and see if I am 2 pounds lighter.😉

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I will add my good news.

I have now graduated to full range of motion. No need for the brace inside the house - whoopie! And I start 4 weeks of therapy 3x/week tomorrow morning. 

YAY!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I will add my good news.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!! Drinks on the house tonight!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sweet photos of the twins' first day back to school.  My DD teaches 4th (or sometimes 5th) grade students and she loves that age.  They still adore their teachers!

Her baby Austin is 13 years old today and this was his first day back to school last week.  8th grade Catholic school.  enhance

Looks like he's got a Beatle's haircut this year!  

Happy birthday Austin.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I will add my good news.

Great news! Have a glass of wine to celebrate

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I will add my good news.

Congratulations! Lot of work ahead or one can lose range of motion.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That is amazing news!  I wouldn't know what to do if one of mine was moving nearby.  Since they went off to college, then during their adult lives, they've always lived far away.  DH and I moving to Georgia after retirement didn't get us any closer either.  😉  We didn't want all the bad winter weather that their locales would have given us.

Thank you! That's pretty much how long he has lived far away, since college (that was on the other side of the country, then to Illinois, the middle of the country, then to Southern CA).  We have been very fortunate that our daughter has always lived within 40 minutes of us.  

55 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Cruising-along What wonderful news!   I can tell you are beyond thrilled.  

Yes I am!  On the group text this morning our daughter said "I can hear Mom squealing" and I'm sure she could. 😉  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Roy, could you put irishjim on the Care list in a few days?

He’s started a thread for prayers.  Goes in for cancer surgery in his ear.

Copied and pasted “

Will have  it done 14th september at 10am . I will be in hospital for 2 nights then home and start 4 weeks radiation treatment.

A chance I may lose part of my ear or the whole thing but ”

I'm putting him on the rotation.

Roy

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

This is excellent news.

I'm really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

2 hours ago.

Hammond River is raging.  the little islands are getting buried.

F582C3B8-0A1D-4A4B-B645-48AFFE88F4CB.jpeg.afcd63351514160d4b7b7ae5387371ee.jpeg

this one is from 2 hours ago and now the road is closed.  It’s totally flooded.

AE5F2AB6-0BF2-4600-BA81-4927BFB2BC66.jpeg.f5e893c663faa4ad0dbc412acb0ba247.jpeg

It just seems to get worse and worse.  I'm sure no one will be sad to see the last of Ida.  Stay safe.

Lenda

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I will add my good news.

Fantastic news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1