Silhouette and Infinity TA's are cancelled for 2021

Ipeeinthepools

40 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

So just the TA’s are cancelled but Silly will still be in the Caribbean?  Is this to get around some sort of quarantine issues?

confused

29 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Does this mean that the winter Caribbean cruises will be cancelled or will it sail across without passengers and resume?

They'll sail without passengers and quarantine for a total of 14 days, including the crossing. Then commence the winter Caribbean season.

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

They'll sail without passengers and quarantine for a total of 14 days, including the crossing. Then commence the winter Caribbean season.

It's going to be interesting to see if the cruise lines follow the CDC recommendation to quarantine when the ships re-enter the US waters. There are several ships including other cruise lines that are supposed to carry passengers during the TA.  None of them are currently scheduled to park for 14 days.

56 minutes ago, little britain said:

Several staff members on Apex last week said that they were doing the TA crossing next month without guests too…

to get officially confirmed 

Without an updated decision from the CDC, I am quite skeptical of an Apex TA with passengers. 

8 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

It's going to be interesting to see if the cruise lines follow the CDC recommendation to quarantine when the ships re-enter the US waters. There are several ships including other cruise lines that are supposed to carry passengers during the TA.  None of them are currently scheduled to park for 14 days.

Think that’s the whole reason for canceling the TA - “quarantine” for the 14 days - whether they sail across the Atlantic or do it around closer waters works out to be the same.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Just announced during a TA webinar, the Silhouette and Infinity TA's will be cancelled tomorrow.

Silhouette still on sale in the UK. Whilst on Silhouette in August the Head of Security told me they would be sailing empty. This was denied by the Future Cruise office but it looks as if he might have been right all along.

5 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Different lines seem to be doing a numbers of different things. The current situation where, in some ports, Celebrity passengers have to take a ship excursion while passengers from other lines are free to do what they want in port is a good example. Maybe we will need to add the handling of TAs to the list of different protocols.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Without an updated decision from the CDC, I am quite skeptical of an Apex TA with passengers. 

We’re booked on that TA, and still have some doubts that it will sail with passengers.  However, it appears Celebrity has just spent a good deal of time lining up shore excursions for Gran Canaria that was just announced last Friday as a replacement for Madeira, Portugal.  In addition to the changes to the itinerary, they also announced late Friday that we can only go ashore on a ship excursion.  As I said, I still question if Apex will sail with passengers, but if not, why go to so much trouble to line up excursions at a new port.  Plus there will be hundreds of additional refunds for excursions just booked and paid for since last Friday.  Many, like us, had booked private tours or planned a DIY walk or beach stop and have been scurrying to line up something.  

We shall see.  I won’t be surprised either way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Just announced during a TA webinar, the Silhouette and Infinity TA's will be cancelled tomorrow.

I’m wondering if they will cancel the three day cruise right before the TA to make up 14 days quarantine.

6 hours ago, s0479 said:

I’m wondering if they will cancel the three day cruise right before the TA to make up 14 days quarantine.

That itinerary was revised late last week. No longer Bruges, now Dover &Portland and it is apparently fully booked.

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

In this current environment, January is eons away

I realize that , but I am trying to find out if Reflection is in proximity to Fla Port  Ev, or must cross the Atlantic first, or if it will be subject to quarantine regardless before it can take on pax.????

I will try to check Reflection schedule or a  a ship tracker..a bit rusty with these tools having no need for over a year.  Maybe someone with a Nov  Ref cruise knows?

Found this so far:

Celebrity Reflection current location is at North West Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 25.76832 N / -78.25996 W) cruising The AIS position was reported 10 minutes ago. 

cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Reflectio

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I booked the first cruise directly after the TA for November 12th on her. I wonder if it will also be cancelled as only 12 days quarantine.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

I realize that , but I am trying to find out if Reflection is in proximity to Fla Port  Ev, or must cross the Atlantic first, or if it will be subject to quarantine regardless before it can take on pax.????

I will try to check Reflection schedule or a  a ship tracker..a bit rusty with these tools having no need for over a year.  Maybe someone with a Nov  Ref cruise knows?

Reflection is currently sitting between between Fort Lauderdale and Freeport and is frequently at Port Everglades. No need for a TA. 

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I booked the first cruise directly after the TA for November 12th on her. I wonder if it will also be cancelled as only 12 days quarantine.

I suspect they will be cancelling the short 3-day cruise that was to precede  the TA, so that would give them the time they need to go straight into your cruise.

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Reflection is currently sitting between between Fort Lauderdale and Freeport and is frequently at Port Everglades. No need for a TA. 

Thanks very much.. The cruise mapper site showed her elsewhere, I think.

I see several cruises slated for Nov and Dec for Ref..so we will learn more before our Jan cruise.. BUT final payment is  due soon.

My apologies for being a bit off topic as thread is for 2 other ships!