The Daily for Wednesday September 15, 2021

richwmn

We were on the Inaugural visit of the Eurodam to Fanning Island in March 2019. Our Cruise Critic Roll call, along with crew members, collected school supplies and other items for the children on the island. Here is a Powerpoint presentation that one of the CC members made after the cruise.

A Fanning Island donation presentation 2019.pptx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Roy you can   drop me from the rotations my  cancer was sucess

and I am back home, Lost my ear but I can live with that for now,

Jim,

Jim, I am so happy to hear your operation was a success but so sorry to hear you have lost an ear 😢. I am hopeful they can do something about that down the road to help you 🙏🏻 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, irishjim said:

and I am back home, Lost my ear but I can live with that for now,

Jim,

That was quick.  Thank you for checking in.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Once again I am very late.Hello to all and I was sorry to hear about the cruise cancelations. @irishjim,I am glad your surgery went well. 

@erewhon,Our Camilla weighs almost 8 pounds now.She was seen for an evaluation  to check development  progress and is doing well.My niece tells me that she loves to be sung to  and is very alert.I hope to see her in person soon....thanks for asking.

Terry

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Finally got my "48" hour test results back after 90 hours.. I have E. Coli. The 2 antibiotics I've been given don't work for what I have. Just picked up my 3rd antibiotic. 

🙏’s that the new antibiotic works and for quick healing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Finally got my "48" hour test results back after 90 hours.. I have E. Coli. The 2 antibiotics I've been given don't work for what I have. Just picked up my 3rd antibiotic. 

Oh dam 😡. I hope the 3rd antibiotic helps 🙏🏻 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I had to go back and read that other post.  Human nature, I suppose.  I think the ignore list is a great thing.  I put my first person on it this past year and your friend might be the second.

You are a patient person. In the short time I have been lurking on these boards, I have placed 17 user accounts on ignore. It is remarkable how short some of the threads are without having to read through the few people that just are here to prove they know more than everyone else and they aren't satisfied with just dropping something and letting it go. 

@dfish Thanks for being the gracious, kind, and upbeat person you are. Your posts always add to the positive conversation that is the norm.

Edited by HAL4NOW
  • Like 16

45 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

You are a patient person. In the short time I have been lurking on these boards, I have placed 17 user accounts on ignore. It is remarkable how short some of the threads are without having to read through the few people that just are here to prove they know more than everyone else and they aren't satisfied with just dropping something and letting it go. 

@dfish Thanks for being the gracious, kind, and upbeat person you are. Your posts always add to the positive conversation that is the norm.

Wow.  I only have 11, but I may stay clear of some of the more controversial threads.  Actually, when I looked I was surprised to see it had been 12 including @bennybear.  A closer examination indicated that there are 3 ignore choices, posts, messages, and signatures, and i was only checked to ignore signatures.  I think now I remember that after one update Cruise Critic did not truncate signatures and hers was very long.  I still have 11 on my list, I think actually most are from the Crystal forum.

Roy

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

That is very kind of you to say.  There are some that could possibly be on that list but I have found that the scroll on by technique works well, too.  Sometimes they have some helpful information.  

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is impossible to infer proper intonation and emphasis in the written word.  Unless you know the person you could be reading them entirely wrong.   So, I tend to just S O B.  Scroll on by.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sorry the test took so long and delayed your recovery.  Hope the third time with an antibiotic is the charm and you feel better quickly.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

That is very kind of you to say.  There are some that could possibly be on that list but I have found that the scroll on by technique works well, too.  Sometimes they have some helpful information.  

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is impossible to infer proper intonation and emphasis in the written word.  Unless you know the person you could be reading them entirely wrong.   So, I tend to just S O B.  Scroll on by.  

I am the same as you.  I read the posts and S.O.B.  Unless they are really offensive and then report or respond.

I basically have most of those people on “virtual” ignore but it’s always good to see what’s posted. 

It’s so much fun when you can trip these troublemakers up 😉 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

and I am back home, Lost my ear but I can live with that for nglow,

Jim

Jim, I'm glad your surgery was a success, but sorry you lost an ear.  It's amazing what they can do with reconstructive surgery now days.

Lenda 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Once again I am very late.Hello to all and I was sorry to hear about the cruise cancelations. @irishjim,I am glad your surgery went well. 

@erewhon,Our Camilla weighs almost 8 pounds now.She was seen for an evaluation  to check development  progress and is doing well.My niece tells me that she loves to be sung to  and is very alert.I hope to see her in person soon....thanks for asking.

Terry

Camilla is really growing.  Glad she is doing well with her development and progress.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lindaler said:

Just dropping in to say hi to all my Dailyite family and say that I made it to Mobile.  I am having a wonderful visit with my son and grandson. Lots to see even. My son has fixed up the room I am using first to make sure I am comfortable. He is such a sweety. 

Glad to hear you made it to Mobile safely and are enjoying your trip.

@rafinmdEnjoy your reunion. Safe travels.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, kazu said:

Easy Chicken & Rice Casserole - This first recipe is an easy one with only 4 ingredients & well rated -  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chicken-rice-casserole/

This reminds me of a recipe my DM made for the family and passed it on to me as a newlywed. I stopped making it because it uses canned soup, back before there were healthier versions. I need to make it again. Thanks Jacqui!  Also, you are a great sub for Debbie. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Great collection of days but I don’t think I’ll make a hat and will probably never wear a felt one. My favorite is a solid dark gray HAL cap and the logo is small. 

Roy, thank you for your lists. Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your reunion. Prayers to everyone on the Care list. 

I haven’t read the Daily yet. I had a busy day with DM. I needed to change some financial things and cancel her Costco membership and credit card. What a big deal that always is, and how many times do I have to explain that she is 92 and can’t hear them. Part of the problem was that her Costco membership was under an old address and it took a bit to figure out which one. Some customer service reps are patient and some aren’t, the credit card one wasn’t. But we got through it all even though it seemed to frustrate her. She could never do that on her own any longer. Afterward we had lunch at the restaurant at her living facility, it was too late to drive anywhere else. 

I hope everyone had a great day today!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Great collection of days but I don’t think I’ll make a hat and will probably never wear a felt one. My favorite is a solid dark gray HAL cap and the logo is small. 

Roy, thank you for your lists. Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your reunion. Prayers to everyone on the Care list. 

I haven’t read the Daily yet. I had a busy day with DM. I needed to change some financial things and cancel her Costco membership and credit card. What a big deal that always is, and how many times do I have to explain that she is 92 and can’t hear them. Part of the problem was that her Costco membership was under an old address and it took a bit to figure out which one. Some customer service reps are patient and some aren’t, the credit card one wasn’t. But we got through it all even though it seemed to frustrate her. She could never do that on her own any longer. Afterward we had lunch at the restaurant at her living facility, it was too late to drive anywhere else. 

I hope everyone had a great day today!

Your so Blessed to still have Mom in your life. I’m envious and thanks for being there for her.

• Like 10