Does Celebrity do the cruise duck's too?

Harrylinden

56 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I thought geocaching was about finding something at a specific GPS location?  Since the ship is moving doesn't that become useless?  Or do you report "I found duck #1 at the buffet on ship ABC"?  I guess, as you say, it's the "cache name" that is important?

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  No way to hide an actual geocache aboard a cruise ship for a couple of reasons related to the rules for that.  Was only noting that the ducks are easily hidden in both 'games', and that I'd seen an entire LAND based series using them.

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

I thought geocaching was about finding something at a specific GPS location?  Since the ship is moving doesn't that become useless?  Or do you report "I found duck #1 at the buffet on ship ABC"?  I guess, as you say, it's the "cache name" that is important?

They can be anywhere; many times cruisers have found them in their cabins, under the bed!  I wonder what restrictions the CDC(Celebrating Ducks while Cruising)would say about where they can and cannot be placed.

Edited by Lastdance

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

They can be anywhere; many times cruisers have found them in their cabins, under the bed!  I wonder what restrictions the CDC(Celebrating Ducks while Cruising)would say about where they can and cannot be placed.

Oh dear, a ducking duck under my bed????  How does one get access to do this so I can be prepared for no ducky business

32 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh dear, a ducking duck under my bed????  How does one get access to do this so I can be prepared for no ducky business

Dust first, and then slowly remove the duck; do not grab the bill under any circumstances.  Take into your shower and rub gently with soap and water.  Place in an undisclosed area onboard the ship.  That's all there is to it!  It is always good to take a photo in case someone does not believe your story.  

Edited by Lastdance

On 12/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, LGW59 said:

" Sorry, not sorry, hiding ducks and "awesome" does not compute for me.  Preparing for months in advance " 

I'm with ya , partner.

We've been on lots of cruises--- never saw a duck -- but, did notice many " Quackpots " .

Edited by Pinboy
Forgot a point
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If you're on your knees next to your bed with your butt in the air and you happen to glance under the bed and see a duck, just smile.  Then continue with the reason why you were there to begin with. 😉

• Haha 1

My wife and daughter did some duck hiding on our Silhouette cruise a few weeks ago. My daughter is in art school and had a lot of fun hand painting ducks. I'm not really into it, but it was entertaining to see our ducks moved around the ship after we placed them. In one instance a crew member found one and we overheard them excitedly talking to another crew member about how they loved the duck and were going to keep it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

It's not necessary to "find" ducks.  Just go to the pool.  That's where they will be.

Ducks or whales? j/k

Does anyone know if the ducks are required to wear masks if you take them off the ship to the terminal?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

2 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Ducks or whales? j/k

Does anyone know if the ducks are required to wear masks if you take them off the ship to the terminal?

Absolutely. And they must be the proper sized duck bill style mask.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Ducks or whales? j/k

No, because they are fully quacksinated, not to mention they know how to duck the Covid stuff.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

LOL.  We used to sing that to DGS when he was little, and having his bath. There was a rubber ducky always there, just for him. This Christmas he came to me, a bit upset, that rubber ducky wasn't there.  I quickly found it for him.  He's  10.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am headed out Sunday June 1th on the Celebrity Summit and plan on hiding ducks! First time bringing ducks, looking forward to getting in on the action. 

Edited by Moevan
  • Like 1

Found my first duck in March on our first full day of cruise (not embarkation day).  It was loosely hidden partially behind a vase in an elevator bank.  I picked it up and looked around thinking the person putting it there was watching to see what (whoever) found it did with it.  did not see anyone.  

I kept it and have shown it to my granddaughter and if all goes well will buy some and put them out on our family cruise.  We will put them is a larger space where we can watch and not be obvious.