**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

When I went online last Thursday to make some appointments.  It's now three days, but they now also require all insurance information.  I don't know when that change was made.  There is an option if you don't have insurance, but I'm sure there would be a something about penalties for entering false information.

12 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We have been tested at Walgreens nine times, and every one of them was easy.  They have been switching back and forth from offering three days of available appointments to offering seven days.  I think the fact that you see testing only until the end of June signifies only that their recent change back to three days happens to end at the end of the month.

Well 3 days would make sense except that when I checked last week, it was showing about a week and a half which happened to be the end of June. Today is still showing the end of June. That is pretty coincidental but it seems like they just haven't opened July appointments which makes me nervous.

1 minute ago, nwcruiselover said:

Walgreens in our area is only testing symptomatic people and those who have had close exposure to infected people.  Same with the other pharmacies in our town.  I’m relying on eMed testing for my July 5th cruise.

Same with our CVS. I actually have been using CVS up until now but can't get a free appointment unless I lie and say I've been exposed or am having symptoms.

20 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

Well 3 days would make sense except that when I checked last week, it was showing about a week and a half which happened to be the end of June. Today is still showing the end of June. That is pretty coincidental but it seems like they just haven't opened July appointments which makes me nervous.

Other people on CC reported the 7 day to 3 day change a few days ago.  Walgreens honors the appointments made before the change, but it is not possible to make new appointments for the 4 days that are lost.  Hopefully you will see July 1 added if you check again tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, mrak said:

For anyone who has done the eMed proctored tests recently, what kind of wait time did you experience? Thanks

I've done these proctored tests 5 times (the last time two weeks ago).  I've never had to wait more than a minute for any of my proctors.  YMMV, but my advice is when you log in, be ready to test right then.

8 hours ago, Pyxie said:

Same with our CVS. I actually have been using CVS up until now but can't get a free appointment unless I lie and say I've been exposed or am having symptoms.

I just made an appointment for the 10th of July at CVS. Yeah, it asked if I have had any covid symptoms ....in the last 14 days! Well, yeah. I've been fatigued and had a headache in that timeframe. So, not lying. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:38 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Other people on CC reported the 7 day to 3 day change a few days ago.  Walgreens honors the appointments made before the change, but it is not possible to make new appointments for the 4 days that are lost.  Hopefully you will see July 1 added if you check again tomorrow.

And July 1 is now showing

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:12 PM, mrak said:

For anyone who has done the eMed proctored tests recently, what kind of wait time did you experience? Thanks

We also did this several weeks ago. It is very easy, but watch a video on YouTube beforehand.  Sometimes the proctor you get has trouble with English.  We didn't wait more than a minute or two.

Hi,

we are coming over from the uk to cruise from nyc in July. We have struggled with the quest direct website so we’re wondering if we can just get tested from the rrt free mobile testing sites when we arrive and would this be acceptable to carnival? We need normal and pcr tests

Cheers!

Has anyone ever used this proctoring service?  Would it be acceptable for Carnival?  It sounds too good to be true, you can use your free government Covid tests and just pay for the proctoring for $15.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=CjwKCAjwzeqVBhAoEiwAOrEmzasSMK1i1wOmwJab-1tDru30FxDo9Y7fhcTnZKu3Nese1og2WS8_XRoC_5YQAvD_BwE

as a US citizen sailing out of a US port and returning to a US port you are free to self insure any trip you desire.

Just don't expect me to contribute to your go fund me page if things go TU please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

as a US citizen sailing out of a US port and returning to a US port you are free to self insure any trip you desire.

Just don't expect me to contribute to your go fund me page if things go TU please.

Wow. First reply and it does not answer the question asked, is incorrect, and condescending.

1 minute ago, 2wheelin said:

Wow. First reply and it does not answer the question asked, is incorrect, and condescending.

1 minute ago, 2wheelin said:

so what is the correct answer if it's incorrect? Your reply didn't answer the question either

3 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

so what is the correct answer if it's incorrect? Your reply didn't answer the question either

The second poster already answered the question. There may be some instances where you need insurance. Need to know the specific cruise and ports.

12 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I know this was not the question but would encourage the purchase of travel insurance. I know it is an added expense but, in most cases, a small one.  Like all insurance, we buy it hoping we will never use it. 

We would NEVER travel without travel insurance. :classic_wink:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I know this was not the question but would encourage the purchase of travel insurance. I know it is an added expense but, in most cases, a small one.  Like all insurance, we buy it hoping we will never use it. 

It can be not so small once one reaches a certain age, but when you consider what a medical evacuation from a foreign port might cost, it is still a necessary expense. Though I agree you hope you never need to use it.

• Like 2

The topic of Travel Insurance is an interesting one. No doubt the line for it moved somewhat in a post Covid world.  To answer the OP's question, it is NOT required for fully vaccinated guests on the vast majority of typical Carnival cruises... think 3-7 days in the Caribbean.

As always, one must personally assess the risk/reward.  We personally got it (and are very glad we did) when we traveled to Germany this past Spring.  At that time, a negative test was required before flying home.  Our family had a single positive result requiring 5 days in quarantine in Germany at the end of the trip followed by a walk up plane ticket from Munich back to the United States.  Our insurance covered the expense.

In a typical Caribbean cruise, a failed pre-cruise test would set us back the cost of the non-refundable one night pre-cruise hotel.  All other expense (flights and cruise costs) would be refunded or turned into FCC so no money would be lost.  Then it comes down to one's willingness to self insure over things like international medical expense, helicopter evac, missed flights causing one to miss the ship, etc. 

• Like 1