On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

With people using room service more than ever, plus the Covid protocols, I can't believe the OP is complaining about a one hour wait for tea. That can happen anytime, even without covid.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I have congestion from allergies for which I take medication.  I don't feel I should answer Yes because I happen to be allergic to pecan trees.  The other questions relate to fatigue, nausea, headaches, etc.  I take chemo and that is my day.  The questions are pretty vague and don't take into account other health issues causing the same symptoms.

Gotcha.  I haven’t done one yet so not judging.  Just curious because I was worried if one of us had symptoms of something a week before but were fine by cruise time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

So we’re sailing along, hit up Coco Cay, Nassau, sea day yesterday. Sitting at the comedy club at 11pm, wife leans over to me and says, “I’m going to the doctor”. Granted she had been battling a minor cold for a couple days, I had just gotten over a sinus infection, was put on z-pack on Thursday last week so finished on board, always had a negative test. We both tested negative on Friday morning.  
I finish up the comedy show, back to the room, she’s still down in medical waiting 45 minutes for a pcr test. Comes back positive. They put her in “the red zone” and I had to pack her stuff and a staff member picked it up from me at about 12:30am. 

Since we were already on the back end of the trip, Royal will not fly us home from Haiti (docked in Labadee today). Only options were to have her stay in a hotel in Florida to finish her 5 day quarantine or rent a car and drive back up north, we decided on the latter. Had to cancel flights, book a rental car, cancel transportation etc. 

Royal is giving us private transportation to MCO and reimbursing up to $150/day for the rental, $250/night in hotel and $100pp/pd for food. 
That’s the good news. Bad news is they’re treating her like a dog, coffee in a cardboard soup container, and crappy food from room service. Asked for tea in a mental carafe and a mug, they said that’s not protocol. She still hasn’t gotten her tea an hour later!!!! Fuming and beyond pissed at how they are handling the situation, they need to be doing better, we think there is a major outbreak on this ship!  Good news, I tested negative so I’m free to roam the ship but couldn’t get off in Labadee today. 

so sorry to hear this.  Is she feeling ok?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

So we’re sailing along, hit up Coco Cay, Nassau, sea day yesterday. Sitting at the comedy club at 11pm, wife leans over to me and says, “I’m going to the doctor”. Granted she had been battling a minor cold for a couple days, I had just gotten over a sinus infection, was put on z-pack on Thursday last week so finished on board, always had a negative test. We both tested negative on Friday morning.  
I finish up the comedy show, back to the room, she’s still down in medical waiting 45 minutes for a pcr test. Comes back positive. They put her in “the red zone” and I had to pack her stuff and a staff member picked it up from me at about 12:30am. 

Since we were already on the back end of the trip, Royal will not fly us home from Haiti (docked in Labadee today). Only options were to have her stay in a hotel in Florida to finish her 5 day quarantine or rent a car and drive back up north, we decided on the latter. Had to cancel flights, book a rental car, cancel transportation etc. 

Royal is giving us private transportation to MCO and reimbursing up to $150/day for the rental, $250/night in hotel and $100pp/pd for food. 
That’s the good news. Bad news is they’re treating her like a dog, coffee in a cardboard soup container, and crappy food from room service. Asked for tea in a mental carafe and a mug, they said that’s not protocol. She still hasn’t gotten her tea an hour later!!!! Fuming and beyond pissed at how they are handling the situation, they need to be doing better, we think there is a major outbreak on this ship!  Good news, I tested negative so I’m free to roam the ship but couldn’t get off in Labadee today. 

Same thing on all ships. My wife was treated like garbage on Vision. 

2 hours ago, topnole said:

I’m curious how you were allowed to even board with an active sinus infection that was just treated before boarding.  Doesn’t the health survey ask about recent symptoms like that?   And if so,

I thought that meant people were automatically denied boarding.  That has been my biggest worry for upcoming cruises.  

Tested negative multiple times. Automatically denied boarding even when they test negative? 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Ridiculous protocol, we are putting Covid patients on a regular ward with everyone else now, and they get treated and served the same as anyone else. 

Yes, protocol from when cruising restarted summer 2021 are still in place for their quarantine/red zone cabins.   It is time to change that too!

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

With people using room service more than ever, plus the Covid protocols, I can't believe the OP is complaining about a one hour wait for tea. That can happen anytime, even without covid.

Are people using room service more than ever?   I didn't notice much on my last couple of cruises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are people using room service more than ever?   I didn't notice much on my last couple of cruises.

Last few cruises we have not noticed many trays in the hallway which is my indicator of room service.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

OP...crappy food ?? Just off Harmony last week and the food was great !!!!

OP said she has to drink coffee from a cardboard cup  I guess like the ones you get in the DL.😇

Room service food is different than going to MDR not sure what you menu looks like for the Red zone quarantine area.

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OP said she has to drink coffee from a cardboard cup  I guess like the ones you get in the DL.😇

Room service food is different than going to MDR not sure what you menu looks like for the Red zone quarantine area.

Cardboard cup....no big deal...right. My experience with room service food in January, March and last week...was great. Yes I could also order from the MDR. I believe if quarantined (I was not) you could request the dining room menu during their hours. They also should get internet and movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crism said:

This is exactly why you never, ever go to the doctor on a cruise ship. Even prior to the last 2 years!

I would need to be close to deaths door before I would ever go to medical, now with covid I would probably never go..

• Like 16

1 hour ago, wayne_trisha said:

Tested negative multiple times. Automatically denied boarding even when they test negative? 

I’m talking about the health survey.  I thought if someone reports symptoms consistent with Covid they would be flagged and potentially denied boarding.  Isn’t that why they do the health survey?  I just assumed they wouldn’t be letting people on who were just sick and went to a doctor for treatment as the OP stated happened.  

• Like 1

I can understand why people are hesitant to report to medical but I think you'd better think carefully about that.  Did you take your own test in your cabin and are negative?  You must consider your room steward even if you don't leave your cabin if you're positive.  Its a red flag if you don't leave for 3 days.  Are you out wandering around?  Really?  Just spreading it?  I might test myself first but if I'm positive I'm going to report for the sake of others including the crew.  If I'm negative I'm still going to be very careful since I have symptoms, wear a mask, social distance and if I had fever I'd stay in my cabin and retest the next day.  I would never say " Don't go to medical". 

• Like 12

It saddens me with the amount of people that has the mentality that ignorance is bliss. They have this idea that if I don't get tested, then that means I don't have Covid, and therefore I can continue walking around the ship so that it does not inconvenience my vacation. Thank you for those that are doing the right thing. For all others, how can you be so selfish? You not only put the other passengers at risk, but you also put the employees at risk of catching Covid. Yes, the bulk of passengers and employees are vaccinated, but it does not stop severe symptoms and death at 100%. In addition, employees get tested on a weekly basis, and if too many test positive, that ship will go into red status and future cruises on that ship will get cancelled for x amount of weeks. It can affect more people than you realize. 

Also just an fyi for US residents, your health insurance is required to reimburse up to 8 at home test kits per month per insured member, up to $12 per test kit. This has been in effect since mid-January of this year. Because of this, I have a big stockpile now and was able to take some test kits with me on my last cruise and test myself as needed. Everyone should be bringing some test kits with them on board to test themselves as the ship does not have the capacity to do everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My last couple of sailings they all had on black masks I think were KN95's 

We were on Symphony on the 4/16 sailing and were told by various crew members that the crew were all doubled masked KN/K95s with surgical-style masks over those because of the higher-than-usual number Covid cases among the crew. 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I think there needs to be more care for pax stuck in a room 24/7 . I've heard some pax are only allowed room service menu.

There should be a dedicated team looking after these folk, and a proper thought through process about their 'sentence'.

For instance:

There should be a kettle with tea/coffee making provisions in each quarantine cabin 

Proper plates, glasses and cutlery with a pack to clean them yourself, available in your room so you don't have to eat off paper plates and with plastic cutlery.

I will definitely be thinking about what to take on board in case this happens to me and have some back up plans. On a long cruise you could be incarcerated for 5 days or more

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cardboard cup....no big deal...right. My experience with room service food in January, March and last week...was great. Yes I could also order from the MDR. I believe if quarantined (I was not) you could request the dining room menu during their hours. They also should get internet and movies.

At least normally with room service you get proper cutlery and plates and it's not a 24/7 experience with no other access to other foods/drinks

On the celebrity board  there is one thread from a poster on a transatlantic who's husband has been in quarantine since 30Apr, still showing positive yesterday and they will not test again until the 11th.  Believe they are suite pax and she says he can only get room service menu 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Ridiculous protocol, we are putting Covid patients on a regular ward with everyone else now, and they get treated and served the same as anyone else. 

I suspect they’re unofficially training the guests. They know word will get out that if you cause them to deal with COVID protocols they’re going to make your life difficult. Guests will learn not to bother medical with COVID test requests just for the sniffles. 

The cruise lines don’t have positive test results to report to the cdc if no tests are given.    (Wink wink)  

All those passengers who return home and claim they got the Rona on a cruise could’ve gotten it anywhere but our ship and nobody can prove otherwise. 

Moral of the story, bring meds to treat common illnesses and stay away from medical unless you’re deathly ill. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We’re going soon and I’m bringing covid19 test🤧, got some free at ymca, to test in room so we’ll know if we get covid19.
Also bringing masks😷 for indoor.

Trying to use stairs and not elevators. Should be a good workout! Maybe even break even on weight gain, 🤣

But since we’re booked and going Thursday and double vaccinated and double boosted and not getting any younger we’re going!

Earl Weaver the great little coach of the Baltimore Orioles 🏆passed away on a cruise ship. Celebrity I believe! Always thought it was a nice way to go🙏 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, topnole said:

I’m talking about the health survey.  I thought if someone reports symptoms consistent with Covid they would be flagged and potentially denied boarding.  Isn’t that why they do the health survey?  I just assumed they wouldn’t be letting people on who were just sick and went to a doctor for treatment as the OP stated happened.  

I am sure that we all fill in the questionnaire accurately and honestly..........right?🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, YankeesFan4Life said:

Ever had room service for breakfast in the Red Zone?  Didn’t say the food on the ship is crappy. It’s actually quite good. 

Sorry if I missed it.  Any reports on how many have Covid?  I am boarding tomorrow and read about the cases in the FB group