Canapes in the Aqua Class

bethboy

Based on the topics of so many of the threads lately, it does appear that many things that made Celebrity a "cut above" are not what they used to be. After 4 cancelled cruises, we finally have back to backs booked on the Beyond for 2023 and am starting to get concerned.

1 hour ago, bethboy said:

What a JOKE !!!!   Crushed crackers and 3 crumbs of cheese left by the mice

Celebrity, why bother ???   Save the money for your bottom line.

Did you complain?

With the shares at $100 less than they used to be, can you blame them for cutting things?  I agree with having the canapes withdrawn.  You can get a cheese plate if you prefer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Based on the topics of so many of the threads lately, it does appear that many things that made Celebrity a "cut above" are not what they used to be. After 4 cancelled cruises, we finally have back to backs booked on the Beyond for 2023 and am starting to get concerned.

Hi,

I have taken three Celebrity cruises during the past year (Celebrity Summit in July 2021, Celebrity Reflection in Feb. 2022, and Celebrity Apex in April 2022) and greatly enjoyed all three cruises. The dining experience and service were excellent on all three ships. I sailed on my first Celebrity cruise in 1991 (on the Horizon) and have taken a variety of Celebrity cruises over the past 31 years. The cruise experience obviously has changed over the years on all of the cruise lines, but these three recent Celebrity cruises were wonderful.

I currently have three more Celebrity cruises booked (Celebrity Infinity for Sep. 2022, Celebrity Beyond for Feb. 2023, and Celebrity Ascent for Feb. 2024).

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 2

In AQ class, we have had good  luck asking for shrimp, sushi, cheese and fruit.

We always bring our own crackers..Celeb crackers are often stale and tasteless.

Does not hurt to ask....

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

In AQ class, we have had good  luck asking for shrimp, sushi, cheese and fruit.

We always bring our own crackers..Celeb crackers are often stale and tasteless.

Does not hurt to ask....

We do the same...minus the crackers. 

1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I have taken three Celebrity cruises during the past year (Celebrity Summit in July 2021, Celebrity Reflection in Feb. 2022, and Celebrity Apex in April 2022) and greatly enjoyed all three cruises. The dining experience and service were excellent on all three ships. I sailed on my first Celebrity cruise in 1991 (on the Horizon) and have taken a variety of Celebrity cruises over the past 31 years. The cruise experience obviously has changed over the years on all of the cruise lines, but these three recent Celebrity cruises were wonderful.

I currently have three more Celebrity cruises booked (Celebrity Infinity for Sep. 2022, Celebrity Beyond for Feb. 2023, and Celebrity Ascent for Feb. 2024).

Chuck

Our first Celebrity cruise was also on the Horizon in 1991. After that experience we were "hooked on" Celebrity!!  

Seems like they're yesterdays buffet leftovers.  Random things I remember:

-  Breadsticks, which are oddly chewy, with a piece of pepperoni/salami wrapped around

-  Slice of prosciutto folded

-  Cubed pieces of chocolate cake

22 hours ago, bethboy said:

What a JOKE !!!!   Crushed crackers and 3 crumbs of cheese left by the mice

Celebrity, why bother ???   Save the money for your bottom line.

would love to see a photo.

Some questions...

1)  Has anyone successfully "waived off" the canapes?  The Canapes delivery person I saw a few times wasn't my cabin steward, when they knocked on my door I said I didn't want them and he told me to take it anyway and if I didn't want it to put it outside my door.

2)  Has anyone in a non-suite been able to "convert" the canapes to a cheese plate?  If yes, who do you ask?  I understand you can call room service daily but would be great to "convert" the canapes to a cheese plate and have them deliver it regularly vs calling daily

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Some questions...

1)  Has anyone successfully "waived off" the canapes?  The Canapes delivery person I saw a few times wasn't my cabin steward, when they knocked on my door I said I didn't want them and he told me to take it anyway and if I didn't want it to put it outside my door.

2)  Has anyone in a non-suite been able to "convert" the canapes to a cheese plate?  If yes, who do you ask?  I understand you can call room service daily but would be great to "convert" the canapes to a cheese plate and have them deliver it regularly vs calling daily

2) We just ask our steward for fruit and cheese instead. Easy peasy. We've done it in both concierge and in Aqua.

• Thanks 1

On Summit, suites did not include.  We requested cheese plates on specific days and times, and they were very good.  This was better than what we received on the Edge in March where it was a lot of weird things we do not prefer.

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Some questions...

We've successfully asked our room steward on day one to change the daily delivery of canapes to a fruit or cheese plate for the whole cruise. We've also asked to opt out of the daily deliveries as well.

30 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

That looks absolutely disgusting……..IMHO🤮🤮

I agree, we mostly left our afternoon snacks on our Beyond cruise last month. There's always food around the ship if you want something . Just a waste and I would ask them not to deliver in future