Royal Caribbean - This is completely unfair!

10 hours ago, BND said:

Pretty sure our first D cruise was on Ex.  There was no lounge, just a "Diamond Event".  It was held up in the card room off the VCL.  It was all glass and very warm with the sun coming in.  We had a choice of wine or beer,  and no appetizers.  There was usually about 12 people in there at any one time.  So many changes since then.  I think we made Diamond in about 2011/12, but honestly can't remember exactly.    

Our Diamond Events were on Monarch. Desmond was the server. He was an acquired taste

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BND said:

Pretty sure our first D cruise was on Ex.  There was no lounge, just a "Diamond Event".  It was held up in the card room off the VCL.  It was all glass and very warm with the sun coming in.  We had a choice of wine or beer,  and no appetizers.  There was usually about 12 people in there at any one time.  So many changes since then.  I think we made Diamond in about 2011/12, but honestly can't remember exactly.    

Our first one was on Freedom.  Also...no DLs on any ship yet, and was just after they kicked Ds out of the CL.  

Gotta admit, those nights in the forward lounge on Freedom out of PC at the D event were some of the best memories ever.  Free beer/wine/cheap bubbly and discounts on liquor drinks.  Cups of bar munchies passed around.  The place was always packed, and we met many life long cruising friends.  🥰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Our Diamond Events were on Monarch. Desmond was the server. He was an acquired taste

Loved those as well....and most especially the upper tier party as we pulled into Nassau.  Best ever!  🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I remember them in a small carafe. With mainly raisins. Empress still had those in Boleros in 2018

Those bar snacks that they brought in after our friends asked for something to munch on with their drinks were better than nothing lol.  

• Like 1

We needed a getaway and found a Boston cruise to Canada, seven nights (only two sea days), dirt cheap inside room, no single supplement, booked two cabins, bringing four bottles of wine, and if we change our mind one of us can buy a drink package and not the other.

image.png.2e5880dd757d868887f8a5633bb7042f.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BND said:

Those bar snacks that they brought in after our friends asked for something to munch on with their drinks were better than nothing lol.  

And oh so sanitary😉🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Beer in the trailer park is way different than a beer at the pool on a cruise ship

Not after 4 or 5..........After that everything looks pretty much the same. 🥳🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I agree.  We will be one point short of D+ when we get off Quantum in September.  Unfortunatly, it is at least a 10 hr trip to the LA port is we were inclined to try for a short cruise.  We will be on Odyssey when we hit D+ but the good news is it won't matter because we are Star Class sailers.  But, darn, only 1 point.

18 hours ago, twangster said:

If single you could marry into D, D+ or even P. 

I believe the OP was looking for an inexpensive way😉.

Even if the D / D+ / P pay for the wedding, there are other indirect costs. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, soremekun said:

Is there an inexpensive way to get over the hump so that I can hang out in the exclusive club for my October cruise?

Just slip the concierge a $10 or $20 "entry fee". 😁

If successful, make sure to brag, um, I mean encourage, uh, share your success story here on CC.  It'll bring joy to so many people here. People love to learn undiscovered tips and tricks. 🤣

• Haha 2

There are even worse situation. When you cruised before 2011 and have enough cruises (10)  to be Diamond, but they switched to points and recalculated it the way you lost points.

They equated every cruise under 12 days to 1 credit = 7 nights. This way everyone who had 3 dayers and 10 dayers got 1 credit. We had cruises 7, 9, 9, 10, 10 which became 7 X 5 = 35 points (+2 for conversion) instead of 45.

Before taking short cruise calculate how much will this cost. 1 drink is $13. 4 a day is $52. For 2 people it is $104. Plus photos ... some discounts if you use them.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That was our first exposure to the DL.  JD would invite B2B cruisers to the lounge.  We were gold but did a B3B over Christmas and New Years.  Got a lot of stink eyes from the elite especially since we had our kids with us.  Desmond was the server.  Saw him again years later on Enchantmemt when we actually were Diamond 

• Like 4

Looks like your option is a short cruise before your Oct cruise.  Sounds like a good excuse to extend your vacation.  When you think about the only cost is about $300-$400.  But on your longer cruise 4 free drinks a day will save you almost as much.  

• Like 1

Soremekun, From your signature I see you have booked Carnival 6 times (3 past sailings and 3 future ones). My advice to you is to stay loyal to Royal and move up faster;) Seriously, that is always my advice to young cruisers. We would be Pinnacles if we had stayed loyal for the last 42 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I figured it out.   If I take b4b in a jr suite and then get a jr suite for the world cruise I will reach pinnacle!

Solo in a JS on UWC will get you Pin on it's own😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Solo in a JS on UWC will get you Pin on it's own😇

If I go solo on UWC I would bet cruising after that would be all solos.  I would also learn what it's like to live in a dog house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@soremekum, the RCCL Fairy Godmother for Us All (RFGUA) says "no dice", and to take a short Bahamas cruise in September.  The money you spend on it will be reimbursed with the savings on 4 free drinks per day on your October cruise.