The worst cruise we have experienced.

kcmufan

To Add a couple of points

Re the OP...... one thought is it depends on how one approaches the staff ,,, and weather one started by blowing one's top..... whatever way, it should have be fix asap.

Re older ship coming to Australia, it is sort of expected and only the brits have kettles

Re Choosing  Ships..... a luxury we do not have here... if you want to leave from a particularly port... most time  you take it of leave it there is no choice of ship

Cheers Don

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Well, I guess that depends on which Golden Princess.  The Grand Princess joined the fleet in 1998 and was the first of the "Grand Class" fleet.  The Golden Princess did not join the fleet until 2001 but this was actually the second Golden Princess.  The first Golden Princess was originally the Royal Viking Sky and was part of the Princess fleet from 1993-96 when it was sold to Star Cruises .

Hank 

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Yes, there was a Golden Princess from 1993-1996.  She started life in 1973 as Royal Viking Star and ended life a Boudicca for Fred Olsen.  The Golden I refer to was built in 2001 and now sails for P&O-Australia as Pacific Adventure.  EM

Right you both are.  But the salient point in terms of fleet ship codes is that there was a Golden before there was a Grand and so the G was taken.  Grand became AP.  

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

According to Wikipedia history of Princess, the Golden joined the fleet before the Grand.

There were 2 Golden Princesses. 

As far as the Grand Class ships, the Grand came first and then the Golden Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, PacnGoNow said:

It would be helpful to know the cabin location, but the OP never replied.

I can tell you we were forward Caribe deck balcony and no issues.  I found the crew to be excellent and our crew was great this year we did 6 weeks on her before the dry dock.  Some at GS were fairly new, as with most ships, they are still learning.

So, you could check on some of the current roll calls and see how it is.

I wouldn’t believe 1 person who complains and never comes back on the forum.  JMo

Thank you.  We're on the Caribbean in October, just made final payment and now I am reading all this terrible stuff...scary.

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Thank you.  We're on the Caribbean in October, just made final payment and now I am reading all this terrible stuff...scary.

Just made final payment also..and was on the Crown in June. Not sure I can handle another cruise with problems. My only saving grace is we had friends on Caribbean a couple of weeks ago with no problems at all. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We live in Florida and usually have that option of choosing a newer ship. 

Why anyone who has that choice would consider an old ship is puzzling.

Maybe they just love the older design or the itinerary?

Neither of which are important to us since we visit the Caribbean numerous time a year. 

We live in Florida too but we don't limit ourselves to just Caribbean cruises.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My new list...avoid Crown and Carribean. 

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska on the Crown and we had a wonderful time!  There were a few smelly hallway areas mid/aft on a few decks but our cabins were in great shape! Everything worked as it should and we had a fantastic cabin steward!  Everyone on the ship was so nice! It was most of my family's first Princess cruise and they loved the Crown and thought it was beautiful!

• Like 6

On 7/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

@kcmufan:  Thank you for sharing.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  My modest suggestion is to send a snail mail letter to Princess President John Padgett in Santa Clarita.  Yes, I'm asking you to type out your story (or better yet, write it out in longhand), find an envelope, find a stamp, stuff the envelope, affix the stamp, find a mailbox, and send it.  I've had decent results getting responses this way when I've done this for past problems.  If nothing else, it will get rid of some of the stress and anger you're feeling.

I mailed a letter back in January. I followed up with the online contact form in May. Princess still has not responded. From time to time, though, I refer to my letter since it has the details of my experience in trying to book a cruise in January and how it took nine different Princess reps and nine hours to get it almost right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

Though I have encountered problems on new ships as well. Things happen.

Which ships?

What happened that was anything like the OP has described?

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

We live in Florida too but we don't limit ourselves to just Caribbean cruises.

We don't either, but our number of Caribbean cruises is way many more due to being relatively cheaper without airfare. 

There was a time where my husband couldn't fly, hence Florida cruising. 

On 7/21/2022 at 2:44 PM, Level six said:

I never get email notifications?  

I got email notifications on the email that I use the most and then they simply stopped. No idea why.

I contacted CC and had them change my email notifications to a different email account and they came back.

If it happens again, I'll switch again.

Give that a try.😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I got email notifications on the email that I use the most and then they simply stopped. No idea why.

I contacted CC and had them change my email notifications to a different email account and they came back.

If it happens again, I'll switch again.

Give that a try.😇

Same with me. 

A moderator posted a solution which included contacting them.

Now I just use the Notification box at the top. 

16 hours ago, suzyed said:

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska on the Crown and we had a wonderful time!  There were a few smelly hallway areas mid/aft on a few decks but our cabins were in great shape! Everything worked as it should and we had a fantastic cabin steward!  Everyone on the ship was so nice! It was most of my family's first Princess cruise and they loved the Crown and thought it was beautiful!

Same thing for us on the Caribbean Princess in June. 😃

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, msmoger said:

Same thing for us on the Caribbean Princess in June. 😃

So glad to hear that...we're on the Caribbean in October!
After all the complaints about the Crown over the last month or so, we were so pleasently surprise by how nice the Crown itself was.  Yes, we still had some issues with getting to the ports in a timely manner but we were prepared for that.  And now all these complaints about the Caribbean has us worried so I appreciate your comment!

• Like 4

We were on the same cruise as the OP.  We had an aft mini suite on Emerald deck and had  no toilet issues at all. The crew was great and we had a good time. I do prefer the newer ships because of the larger piazza and the Gigi's or Alfredo''s. I would not cruise on the CB because of this one review. We have sailed her many times and would again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1