Balcony Bill

balcony bill

Just a suggestion on posting.  Instead of having your name as the post title, you should have a title that relates to the post topic.  The only reason that I read your post is that U wondered why you were getting a bill for use of your balcony.

DON

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Instead of having your name as the post title,

I see this a lot on web forums.  People that don't understand how following a post works or don't know that they'll get notifications for threads they started will do this to make it easier to find their topics.

10 hours ago, balcony bill said:

Hi, just booked a cabin on the Coral Princess. Noticed that Cabin C 426 has Cabin C 502 next door., all C428 to C 500 are missing from the deck plans. Any ideas?

Looked at Cruise deck plans, that's what they show. No C428 or 500. Is your brother "Battery Bill", I hate those commercials.😀

11 hours ago, balcony bill said:

Hi, just booked a cabin on the Coral Princess. Noticed that Cabin C 426 has Cabin C 502 next door., all C428 to C 500 are missing from the deck plans. Any ideas?

Just going by my experience on other ships (never been on Coral), when there's a fire door the count jumps to the next 100. Like 237 -> 301, 333 -> 401, 427 -> 501, 541 -> 601, 643 -> 701. 

Here's a link to the Coral Princess layout with links to what her rooms look like:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Coral-Princess&deck=10

• Like 2

I've been looking for more specific cabins lately and have noticed Princess is very inconsistent on their numbering of cabins. I have even seen that on the port side vs the starboard side it isn't always consistent.

Don't overthink it.

Just find a cabin you like and book it by the identified number.

☺️

• Like 2

The first number in the cabin refers to the fire section. C426/427 are in the 400 fire section, C501/502 are the first cabins in the 500 fire section. There should be fire doors between them and the ship construction has the entire section separated on all decks. You will see the same between all sections, 200s to 300s, 300s to 400 and so on.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I've been looking for more specific cabins lately and have noticed Princess is very inconsistent on their numbering of cabins. I have even seen that on the port side vs the starboard side it isn't always consistent.

Don't overthink it.

☺️

It is very consistent. Odd numbers are starboard side, even numbers are port side, 100s are forward, 700s are aft. The numbering system allows emergency personnel to locate and isolate cabins when required. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, skynight said:

The first number in the cabin refers to the fire section. C426/427 are in the 400 fire section, C501/502 are the first cabins in the 500 fire section. There should be fire doors between them and the ship construction has the entire section separated on all decks. You will see the same between all sections, 200s to 300s, 300s to 400 and so on.

Thank you for that information. I have always wondered about the numbering when looking at deck plans. It makes great sense. It's always nice to learn another interesting detail about cruise ships. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Looked at Cruise deck plans, that's what they show. No C428 or 500. Is your brother "Battery Bill", I hate those commercials.😀

Probably Barnacle Bill, the subject of a very bawdy song.

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, donaldsc said:

Just a suggestion on posting.  Instead of having your name as the post title, you should have a title that relates to the post topic.  The only reason that I read your post is that U wondered why you were getting a bill for use of your balcony.

DON

Two points Don, balcony bill is my username, and , what are you on about? Didn’t you understand the question? 
Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply

Cheers, 

bill( not my real name)

On 8/4/2022 at 8:23 AM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Don't overthink it.

☺️

There are no cabins on Princess ship that end with 00, so 200-300-400 etcetera are not to be found. Neither is the # 13 used. The wonkiness between the starboard and port ## has a lot the do with the numbering of the inside cabins. When I still had my website of obstructed view cabins I noticed that. I always thought that the starboard numbering was a spitting image of the Portside and follows the same sequence as the Port side but that does not always true, it has a lot of times to do with the location of inside cabins.

Theo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, balcony bill said:

Two points Don, balcony bill is my username, and , what are you on about? Didn’t you understand the question? 

Cheers, 

bill( not my real name)

I think you misunderstood Don's point. Yes, your name is Balcony Bill but he means that you should have perhaps titled the thread something like "Balcony Deck Plans" (or similar) so people know what you question is from the title. You got your answer anyway I guess.

9 hours ago, balcony bill said:

Cheers, 

bill( not my real name)

Your title should pertain to the question or topic that your are posting about, not your username.  Such as “Help with Balcony cabins on Coral Princess. “. Just for next time as you may get your answers more quickly because people won’t just scroll by.  Only trying to help out.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:21 PM, balcony bill said:

Cheers, 

bill( not my real name)

My only comment on this response is to suggest that you look at other posts on CC.  How many have a title that is relevant to the contents of the post and how many of them have the OPs user name.

DON

17 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Your title should pertain to the question or topic that your are posting about, not your username.  Such as “Help with Balcony cabins on Coral Princess. “. Just for next time as you may get your answers more quickly because people won’t just scroll by.  Only trying to help out.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

My only comment on this response is to suggest that you look at other posts on CC.  How many have a title that is relevant to the contents of the post and how many of them have the OPs user name.

DON

Simmer down, you two. No heinous act has been committed here.  People read his post; they answered it; everything's fine. 

6 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

Simmer down, you two. No heinous act has been committed here.  People read his post; they answered it; everything's fine. 

I think you need to reread both of these posts.  Both very polite.  We were only trying to be helpful, especially if the OP should post another question in the future.  That’s what we’re here for, after all.  You have completely overreacted!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Allograft said:

I know about gratuities being billed at the end of the cruise...but I didn't know that there would be a bill for a the balcony, I thought that was an upfront cost. What gives?

I'm not sure if your post is 'tongue in cheek,' but Balcony Bill is the username of the person who started this thread.  Apparently, Balcony Bill didn't realize the computer will automatically show he started the thread so in error he inserted his username in the thread title box.  Not a big deal.  Life goes on.

BTW, if your post was serious, I hope you weren't offended by my response. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

I did not read any temperature at all in the two posts mentioned.  Seems to be they were trying to give good advice to the OP for next time - we all had to learn our way around CC at some point.

• Like 3