3-Night Dining Package Price

FrannyK

What is a good price for the 3-night dining package?  Taking a 7-night Oasis cruise and thought it might be worth purchasing since there are so many specialty restaurants on board.  Just not sure what a decent price is.

1 minute ago, FrannyK said:

What is a good price for the 3-night dining package?  Taking a 7-night Oasis cruise and thought it might be worth purchasing since there are so many specialty restaurants on board.  Just not sure what a decent price is.

Around $100. We got the 2 nights  dining package on Symphony for $56 and 3 nights dining on Quantum for $101. Maybe others got better prices than I did 😊

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Around $100. We got the 2 nights  dining package on Symphony for $56 and 3 nights dining on Quantum for $101. Maybe others got better prices than I did 😊

Looks like $101 per person right now for me.  Not sure whether to pull the trigger or not.

• Like 1

We paid around $120/person for the 3 night package on the Odyssey.  That price includes the 18% gratuity tacked on.  It was worth it for us because it includes 40% off bottles of wine under $100 when you are dining  in the specialty restaurants.  If you enjoy wine with your dinner, it is well worth it.

2 hours ago, FrannyK said:

Looks like $101 per person right now for me.  Not sure whether to pull the trigger or not.

That's what we paid for an upcoming cruise on Anthem.  That comes down to just under $34 per dinner, before the gratuity and we felt that was a totally decent price based on how much Chops, Wonderland, Jamie's were if you bought individually.  I've been watching and prices haven't gone lower, so I'm glad I grabbed it. I'll continue to watch and cancel and repurchase if it drops any lower.  

I blew a great deal for our upcoming NoS cruise in Oct. Unlimited 7 day package for TWO, total price was $213.98. It's now $490.84! STUPID mistake on my end!!!!!!!!  I still have the screenshot and cry when I look at it :*(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How does the reservation work for this package?  I see I can reserve a time on day 1 or 2 but it doesn’t let me choose the restaurant I want to go to.  Is it going to automatically choose a restaurant for me or do I just do it on the ship (or ask the concierge when they send a email?  We are in a suite).  I know I have to book the 2nd and third night on board; i just don’t know how night 1 works since it’s having me reserve a time.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, slyster said:

How does the reservation work for this package?  I see I can reserve a time on day 1 or 2 but it doesn’t let me choose the restaurant I want to go to.  Is it going to automatically choose a restaurant for me or do I just do it on the ship (or ask the concierge when they send a email?  We are in a suite).  I know I have to book the 2nd and third night on board; i just don’t know how night 1 works since it’s having me reserve a time.

Thanks!

Book your preferred time online.  After you board and do your muster drill then go to anyone of the specialty and book your reservations.  You can book all of them at same time any restaurant.  I usually have my preferred time and places figured out before boarding.

7 minutes ago, slyster said:

Thanks!

Part of the tradeoff for getting a reduced price as compared to booking individually is that you cannot make reservations until you are on board.  If you are in a full suite you can ask your concierge to make those reservations when they send you the welcome e mail a week in advance of your sailing.

We always get the package and haven't had a day 1 reservation made for us in years

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Part of the tradeoff for getting a reduced price as compared to booking individually is that you cannot make reservations until you are on board.  If you are in a full suite you can ask your concierge to make those reservations when they send you the welcome e mail a week in advance of your sailing.

We always get the package and haven't had a day 1 reservation made for us in years

Okay, I get it.  For some reason I thought we could at least reserve the first restaurant.  We get to pick day 1 or day 2 and choose from 4 times, but you don’t pick restaurant until you get on board.  

When you say you always get the package and haven’t had a day 1 reservation made for you, what do you mean?  Do you mean you have always had to book them once on board?  

Is it beneficial to have a concierge make the reservations; is there a benefit to doing it that way instead of doing it yourself?  (We are in a full suite).

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

Okay, I get it.  For some reason I thought we could at least reserve the first restaurant.  We get to pick day 1 or day 2 and choose from 4 times, but you don’t pick restaurant until you get on board.  

When you say you always get the package and haven’t had a day 1 reservation made for you, what do you mean?  Do you mean you have always had to book them once on board?  

Is it beneficial to have a concierge make the reservations; is there a benefit to doing it that way instead of doing it yourself?  (We are in a full suite).

We get asked what time we want for dsy 1 dinner snd told s restaurant will be chosen for us.  None ever has been.  Even if it has you and free to change it and yhe time. 

I would absolutely have the concierge make a 3 reservations. You eill get the times and restaurants you want and one less thing for you to worry about on boarding day. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, little britain said:

Checked a few of my upcoming cruises:

$101.99 on Anthem

$130.17 on Wonder

£99.30 on Vision /$117.37

£89.10 on Brilliance /$105.32

Looks like Anthem is the deal! And prices vary a lot! 

Do they include gratuities?

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Do they include gratuities?

Currently on Jewel and it's $125 for a 3-night dining plan and an 18% gratuity will be added. We've used our D+ BOGO in Giovannis and Chops so far  and always buy at least the 3 night dining plan but been so underwhelmed we've decided to stick with the MDR which at least has some new menu items. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

Currently on Jewel and it's $125 for a 3-night dining plan and an 18% gratuity will be added. We've used our D+ BOGO in Giovannis and Chops so far  and always buy at least the 3 night dining plan but been so underwhelmed we've decided to stick with the MDR which at least has some new menu items. 

Thanks for the price comparison!

I was just wondering about this myself, and come on here to see everyone's opinions, and low and behold, a current thread on it!

My Feb 19 Voyager of the Seas sailing just dropped the prices for the first time since dining came available.

I'm currently debating between the 3 night package and just booking individually....  Cost before gratuity. 

My other challenge is, I'm not sure I will bring the kids all 3 times.... Maybe just get them something fast earlier and send them off to the kids club and enjoy some adult dinners... 🙂

image.png.3f2b983a3ef5f3ea8ec0ecdc58a71a91.png

Edited by aururab

5 hours ago, aururab said:

I was just wondering about this myself, and come on here to see everyone's opinions, and low and behold, a current thread on it!

My Feb 19 Voyager of the Seas sailing just dropped the prices for the first time since dining came available.

I'm currently debating between the 3 night package and just booking individually....  Cost before gratuity. 

My other challenge is, I'm not sure I will bring the kids all 3 times.... Maybe just get them something fast earlier and send them off to the kids club and enjoy some adult dinners... 🙂

image.png.3f2b983a3ef5f3ea8ec0ecdc58a71a91.png

Most likely these will be prices for Black Friday too

1 hour ago, renza said:

Most likely these will be prices for Black Friday too

So about the best it is going to get I guess? I wasn't keeping a list of the excursions, but without a stop of cococay, I don't think the rest will go down in price much will they?

One other question - what are the lines like for dinner with a reservation? Rhapsody of the seas, should be pretty full as it is Feb Ski week of a lot of schools and universities. 

I have only been on oasis class this year. Lines in dining room were always crazy. We love specialty dining.

I only book excursions through actual companies off ship. So I don’t even look at excursions. Definitely look at prices Black Friday to see if anything has changed in price. 

On 8/19/2022 at 9:01 AM, FrannyK said:

We did this on our 15 day TA on Silhouette and loved it!  It was $200 total for 2 of us and worth every penny.