"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas B2B - September 11, 2022

Radio

45 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Good morning Radio🌞

I’d love to hear your thoughts now on the overall feeling on board. Still feeling crowded? Are you seeing supply chain issues regarding food & beverages? Do you notice staff shortage?

Thank you for keeping us posted! Have a wonderful day😄

It feels crowded when it is supposed to be. As I remember, it usually feels crowded on embarkation day, just before dinner there is often a line, passengers who consume a late breakfast may often have a line. On sunny days at sea many passengers go to the pool deck to sunbathe and swim. When is it a rainy day many passengers seem to flock to the Royal promenade. As far as I am aware, these occurrences have always taken place on most cruises that I have sailed.

Overall, for me it seems like there are a lot of passengers on board and sometimes passengers and crew are getting used to sailing at full capacity once again. 

There may be supply chain issues, but I have not experienced it. It is only day four however and I still have 10 nights to go.

I will try to stay positive, and see what happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love folling along as we are on board as well.I do agree with the crowds.As for supply chain issues,I do know that there is one when it comes to the RCL logo shop as there isn't much merchandise to buy.I collect ship models and there is none.The shop attendant said they haven't had them for a month.Hopefully I can get one when we are back on board in December.

• Like 1

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to DAY 4 of "LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas.

We have just arrived at CocoCay. The ship is being secured and many food and drink items need to go ashore. The Cruise Director has suggested that the Gangways should be open by around 10AM.

The forecast for today is a high of 85F with rain coming around 2PM. Hopefully, all passengers will have a chance to enjoy this beautiful island before the rain comes. . . 
My plans are just to chill out in the Oasis Lagoon Pool this afternoon. . . I may watch some news while ashore, but I will have a nice lunch as well.

There is a lot of excitement on board because many passengers have never been here, and it may be their first time enjoying this relaxing paradise. 

Thanks for tuning in. . . Here are some pics from this morning.

Radio

Morning sunrise

FB_IMG_1663159879262.thumb.jpg.76da4c40bc3d66be226aac14f8eeff7e.jpg

Oasis of the Seas approaches the pier slowly at CocoCay

FB_IMG_1663159735146.thumb.jpg.3a3ef50377e7e4d49d7b629223c292f3.jpg

There is a Crew meeting every morning at 6:00 a.m. for the pool deck crew.

FB_IMG_1663159749596.thumb.jpg.4b80b1ac22063f5a1713e12e4b905321.jpg

Early morning sports pool area

FB_IMG_1663159741542.jpg.433afa18e90fec74247e50b75c272b02.jpg

Sorrento's was very clean and very quiet after the cleaning crew was finished working.

FB_IMG_1663159755572.thumb.jpg.3f659ed5f06a986925cffd76a672d07c.jpg

Oasis of the Seas current location.

FB_IMG_1663159724822.jpg.916ceab5de99c32e392f5db02a14f93c.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't miss one of your live threads between now and when we were on Enchantment together in March, did I?

For some reason, cruise critic stopped sending me email notifications which is usually what prompts me to check.  And before i knew it, a while has passed since i logged on here.  I hadn't realize that this was one of your live threads.  I can easily live vicariously through you until my cruise next weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

I didn't miss one of your live threads between now and when we were on Enchantment together in March, did I?

For some reason, cruise critic stopped sending me email notifications which is usually what prompts me to check.  And before i knew it, a while has passed since i logged on here.  I hadn't realize that this was one of your live threads.  I can easily live vicariously through you until my cruise next weekend.

No, this is my first cruise since the 12 night Enchantment of the Seas(March 2022) You're good no worries. I hope everything is going well.

Radio

Edited by Radio

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How are the crowds in the Windjammer when they open up at 7am?

I have not checked Windjammer at 7:00 a.m. this week. I have been visiting Park Cafe on Deck 8. They're hardly anyone there ever. Maybe three or four at the most.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Radio said:

I have many more pics and vids to upload for Day 3, but the signal quality is not working. I'll try again tomorrow. Been there many times but never at CT1.

Radio

Am I correct that if docked at CT 1 you are a simple walk to Grill and shops?

George in NY

Hello - been following along with the technical issues in the Aquatheater. I know you're not scheduled for a show there tonight, but if you happen upon it or anyone with knowledge, can you see if the show runs or is cancelled again? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm late to the party @Radio.  Not sure how I missed this thread, and how I missed you slowly pulling away from the pier in Bayonne.  Oh well, better late than never.  As always, a great review so far.

Yes, bobmacliberty. Welcome aboard. We just pulled away from the pier slowly in CocoCay. Report and pics coming soon.After dinner.

Radio

Edited by Radio

5 hours ago, robmtx said:

Hello - been following along with thewhat  technical issues in the Aquatheater. I know you're not scheduled for a show there tonight, but if you happen upon it or anyone with knowledge, can you see if the show runs or is cancelled again? 

I will see what I can find out.

21 hours ago, Radio said:

FB_IMG_1663116095873.thumb.jpg.185930f1e9fb6332af9a6324cfb456d7.jpg

I don't think I will have any Shark Kabobs

FB_IMG_1663116103150.thumb.jpg.c0c83e370783eea07c726ca73c3d900e.jpg

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The shark kabobs are actually amazing. So tender and tasty with the marinade that put on it. I highly recommend you try it.

Grills is our go to place for food and drink in Port Canaveral.  All of their food/seafood is great.  Their bacon wrapped grilled scallops are amazing.  They also make an awesome margarita.  I love to sit outside and watch when the fishing charters come in and clean and display their catch for the day (so do the pelicans).  We always see dolphins, too.      

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Georgeny said:

Am I correct that if docked at CT 1 you are a simple walk to Grill and shops?

George in NY

Yes, right next door. 

FB_IMG_1663193920246.thumb.jpg.4d68ece8fd78c4426525ab3f54998619.jpg

Edited by Radio

We’ll be on the Oasis Nov 27th sailing.  Thank you so much for this live trip report.  I’m enjoying it so much.  Was it difficult to book your shows and any dinner reservations?   Prior to covid I though you could book the shows prior to sailing. 

Thank you

Sue

3 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Question about the Aerosmith cover band in the Music Hall:

Do they play the same set every time or do they switch it up?

I would imagine that this may vary by band, but there was a Led Zeppelin cover band on the Oasis in March, and they varied the set list subtly evey night, but still tried to duplicate The Song Remains the Same.  It was a great show, except for the night where they ran out of time and couldn't play Stairway.  We came back the next night and they made sure that they got that one done.

I really enjoyed that venue.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, Radio said:
I had to stop briefly at Giovanni's Table, for a reservation and "George of the Jungle" seemed very happy to be on board.

Just got off on Sunday after a B3B and looking forward to following your adventures.

George was amazing to us onboard.  He is a gem!