The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 24th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning. I broke out socks and my fleece jacket for dog walking  this morning. It was 46. @ger_77, I also have a pot roast going in the crack pot.The vegetarians will have repeats of the chili made yesterday. 

I have a relative who has had her pet bunny 10 years.The bunny gets along well with her cat and is not destructive. To each their own,right?

We have gone deep sea fishing out of NY and Massachusetts  and I enjoyed it.I was not very successful  at catching anything but it was great to be on the water.Camilla's Dad is a Commercial  Fisherman out of New Bedford Massachusetts. He is gone for 2 to three weeks at a time. We are waiting for word from their vessel as they were too far out to get into the Harbor  with the approaching  big storm.

@kazu, I am glad you have power and hope the nasty storm does not cause further problems.

@dfish, hope the house  hunt goes well!

Terry

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good morning!  We have already been out today and back home.  I got an Onstar email yesterday that I had battery problems with my truck.  Thankfully it started after  my hair appointment and I took it up to the dealership for a diagnosis.   A bad cell so I needed a new battery.  We left it overnight and got it this morning.    I am glad they were able to get us in.  When we pulled in prior to 8:30 there were six vehicles lined up in front of the service door.  Then Tractor Supply for 40 pounds on sunflower seeds and a big bag of potting mix.  I have to divide and repot a massive Philodendron soon.  

@HeartgroveThank you for the view of the Volendam in Trieste.  We are at 96 days before boarding her.   @kazuI am glad that you are weathering the storm.   

I hope that the storm heading for FL makes a a soft landing and heads out to sea.   

Thank you Rich for the Daily Reports!    Another meal making me think heading to a Mexican restaurant.  Our time share that I owned in Cancun for 28 years had a wonderful buffet breakfast and their chilaquiles were the best, especially along with an omelet and their great salsa.   I think I will pass on the cocktail and wine today and am looking forward to pictures of Oman. 

Debbie, I hope your house hunting is successful!  Prayers for all on our care list!   

In honor of fishing day results from a deep sea fishing trip in Cancun.   It was very rough that day, so much so that we could see other boats propellers coming out of the water with each big wave.   Amberjack. 

Cancun amberjack Nancy '03.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  My local DC news channel (NBC4) has been reporting on Fiona’s track into Canada.  Doug reminded everyone that Hurricane Sandy hit a Nor’easter and became a tropical cyclone so Fiona is not a storm to be taken lightly.  He says it will be historic for Canada.  (I like Doug because he often references Canada and is a great meteorologist.)  

I know what you mean about the trees, @kazu.  A lot went down, here, with Sandy.  Lots of houses with ropes/supports on trees trying to pull them back into place afterwards.  We have an ornamental plum out front with a big lean now.  It will be replaced when we get new landscaping.  Unless it goes down with the next storm. lol

My father-in-law’s funeral is on Tuesday.  It is a 4 hr drive, each way (by myself), but I need to attend.  My flight leaves Wednesday and I am scrambling trying to reschedule appointments.  I keep thinking today is Friday.  I guess I missed a day somewhere.  Need to get back on track so I’m not a day late for anything!

Thanks for the webcam link @Heartgrove!  I will be there on the 21st & 22nd of October, on the Oosterdam, so it held special interest.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Camilla's Dad is a Commercial  Fisherman out of New Bedford Massachusetts...We are waiting for word from their vessel as they were too far out to get into the Harbor  with the approaching  big storm.

🙏Prayers for their safe return.🙏

-M.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

A very nice view today of the Volendam at the Trieste Cruise Terminal.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/friuli-venezia-giulia/trieste/lanterna.html

Thank you so much for posting this webcam.  She's supposed to be sailing at 17:00 according to Rich so that is momentarily.  Or she could leave late like a lot of ships do, especially with it being the first sailing with passengers in what seems like forever.  

Eight weeks until our cruise on her, God willing.

• Like 20

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. 

Rabbits are cute, but not when nesting in my yard. Only had cherries jubilee once, on a cruise. I'm not a hunter or fisherperson. Interesting quote.

The meal looks interesting. Pass on the drink, but I'll take the wine.

I have not been to Muscat, Oman. I look forward to any photos.

Another chilly start to the day and it's partly sunny. I will try to get the lawn mowed shortly, as there's possible rain the next few days. Otherwise just do more sorting of stuff around the house.

@kazu I'm glad you are ok and prepared. I hope your trees stay upright! I play the furnace game too, but since I'm always cold I use a supplemental small heater.

@dfish Fingers crossed that you and Sue find a perfect place this weekend.

@0106 Thanks for the recipes!

@Heartgrove Sadly we're in the same club with the medial bone-on-bone in the knee. I will try the hydro gel injection soon, but my Ortho doc says I need a knee replacement 😕. I too am trying to hold off, but I have a good bit of pain.

@Cruzin Terri I like your flooring selection. I hope you get to make your trip; you deserve a break! 

@smitty34877 100 years ago when I was in college in Boston, I went deep sea fishing in MA; I caught a lobster trap! I hope all is ok with Camilla's Dad. 

@ottahand7 Great catch!

@*Miss G* Safe travels to and from your FIL's service.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, where do you see that?  I don't see it on the Trieste webcam, MarineTraffic or Vesselfinder.

I thought it was moving on the webcam but apparently it was an optical illusion.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from sunny central Texas. It was 71F at 8:30 and is now 82F with a slight breeze. I decided to sit outside early before it gets too hot.  Besides,this afternoon, we'll be watching the Texas 🤘 Texas Tech game.  GO HORNS!

We have not had pet rabbits, but we did baby sit DH's DSIL's rabbit for a week, and I looked after our neighbor's rabbit once.  Maybe that's why we never had petmrabbirs.  I do enjoy the rabbits that visit our place in Quartzsite.  DH loves cherries jubilee on a BHB.  Early in our marriage we went fishing, including in the Gulf of Mexico out of Corpus Christi.  I fought a large grouper for more than an hour before he broke the line.  I've been hunting once, but was glad we didn't see any deer.  I made a big date no-no though when I out shot my date with his rifle.  🤣

Today's quote is very true.

The meal looks interesting as well as the wine.  We'll pass on the drink.

We have not been to Oman, though it was a stop on our canceled.world cruise on Coral Princess this year.

@kazu  Jacqui, I was glad to see you are weatherimg the storm safely.  I hope no trees fall during the storm.   I'm also thinking about the Maritime provinces and all the ships being affected by the storm. 

@dfish Debbie, sending positive thoughts that you and Sue find the perfect house today.  The imp in me thinks if the house is even better than the one you lost, you could send the jerk a thank you note for his stinky foot dragging.  It might confuse the heck out of him. 🤣

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, wishing Ren and the rest of the Jaguars good luck this weekend.

@Heartgrove  Jack, sorry your knee is worse than you thought.  I hope the gel injection helps and delays the knee replacement a bit longer.  Thanks for the link to the webcam and the Volendam.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope you can enjoy your anniversary trip this year.  You both deserve a relaxing trip. 

@lindaler  Linda, wishing your sister safe travels and no hiccups with her flight.  Very glad you had a good time and a good visit.

@aliaschief  Fingers crossed 🤞the new dishwasher is installed on Tuesday.

@smitty34877 Terry, sending positive thoughts that Camilla's daddy and the crew of the fishing boat are safe and out of the storm's path.

@*Miss G*  Safe travels to and from your DFIL's funeral.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

They've updated information on Volendam to say its next port is Hvar (Croatia).

And uh oh!  I texted DS to wish Ren good luck and he says Ren is sick today so he doesn't know how well he will play.  Covid negative, strep negative.  I hope the other boys are raring to go because their high scorer is not in tip top shape!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, @Quartzsite CruiserI had a bit of a fright when I misread the sentence as "shot my date" instead of "out shot my date"!!  Silly me!😂

3 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

That’s how I read it too!  😂

Me three!  Glad to hear I'm not the only one!  I blame my bleary eyes on not getting enough sleep last night.  Pre-cruise mind-won't-stop-whirling-syndrome 😉  

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

They've updated information on Volendam to say its next port is Hvar (Croatia).

And uh oh!  I texted DS to wish Ren good luck and he says Ren is sick today so he doesn't know how well he will play.  Covid negative, strep negative.  I hope the other boys are raring to go because their high scorer is not in tip top shape!

Oh no! Get well soon Ren!! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, @Quartzsite CruiserI had a bit of a fright when I misread the sentence as "shot my date" instead of "out shot my date"!!  Silly me!😂

Sandi, by the end of the date, you might have read that correctly.  He turned out to be a big jerk.  🥴  

For the record, we were shooting at empty coke cans.  Also, his rifle was a 3006, and all I shot up to then was a 22.

Sometime in the next few months he got married, and the rumor was it was a "shotgun" wedding.  Ironically, the girl seated next to me in my sophomore English class at UT was his wife.  We became good classroom friends, and she never knew I knew the jerk.  I heard later, the marriage didn't last long after that semester.

I hope Ren feels better soon.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1